It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Problem solved.

Trump Wins

Next fake crisis plz.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What did he win?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Problem solved.

Trump Wins

Next fake crisis plz.

They have more than one at the ready if needed I'm sure.......

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
“The measure would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time.

So now, instead of separating kids from their parents, their just gonna detain women and children in (essentially) minimum security prisons, alongside potentially very dangerous and violent men.

Like I said, the left will find something else to bitch about. You guys are never satisfied.

"The Left" - you seriously took one comment on one website as "The left" ?

Interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SlapMonkey

It fails to get to the root problem of the issue. Namely the new zero tolerance policy that treats these immigrants as dangerous felons regardless of their situation.

Well, actually, it doesn't--I mean, I'm staring directly at the memo, dated April 8, 2018. What it does say, though, is:

Accordingly, I direct each United States Attorney's Office along the Southwest Border--to the extent practicable, and in consultation with DHS--to adopt immediately a zero-tolerance policy for all offenses referred for prosecution under section 1325(a).

Not only does it only specify to have a zero-tolerance policy to offenses REFERRED for prosecution, but nowhere does it direct them to all be tried as felons, nor does 8 U.S. Code Section 1325(a) allow for every instance of illegal entry to be tried as a felony.

So, with that reality known, would you agree that your cited root of the problem is not a root at all?

Even asylum seekers are assumed to be human traffickers even though they make up only a tiny percentage of those coming in to the country.

No, actually that's not true, either. See, you are not an "asylum seeker" only if, first and foremost, you illegally entered the country prior to requesting asylum, which is how most, if not all, of these people being held in the detention facilities got into the country. In those instances, they are violators of Section 1325(a) first, and should be detained under that first--a discussion about asylum can be discussed once detained.

Also, there is a massive lack of documentation showing a familial relationship between adults and children--without proof, I would argue that separating the adults and children is appropriate until such a relationship can be verified, if at all. Even Article 35 of the U.N. Convention of the Rights of the Child says:

State Parties shall take all appropriate national, bilateral and multilateral measures to prevent the abduction of, the sale of or traffic in children for any purpose or in any form.

If you ask me, that means proving a familial relationship before just letting children be housed with adults who cannot prove that they are the legal guardians of the children, especially in areas known for human trafficking.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
are our jails concentration camps?

Jails are for everyone, these camps are for latinos. If you don't accept that, then let me give you a statistic.

www.theatlantic.com...

If Asians are the group most crossing the border these days, then why are there only latinos in these camps?

so the only difference between jails and these "camps" is that one has only latinos......wtf

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What did he win?

Bigly, he always wins Bigly.

Hopefully that pedo supporting Left loon from Hollyweird falls hard and serves as an example of what happens when you go full retard. If these fake national emergencies keep weeding out the dangerous weirdos it's a bonus Win.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm sure you have proof of this.

What's that? Oh, you're just parroting what CNN told you to, got it.

Here's one of an asylum seeker having her family taken away, while she was thrown in prison... a reward for doing everything legally.
www.aclu.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm going to start a thread later today showing how many thousands of American men women and children have been killed by these lawbreakers. Both intentionally and unintentionally.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

so the only difference between jails and these "camps" is that one has only latinos......wtf

Another difference is that jails are for people found guilty of criminal charges. These camps are for people accused of misdemeanors.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm going to start a thread later today showing how many thousands of American men women and children have been killed by these lawbreakers. Both intentionally and unintentionally.

these people are all saints just looking for refuge from certain death, dontcha know?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

are our jails concentration camps?

Jails are for everyone, these camps are for latinos. If you don't accept that, then let me give you a statistic.

www.theatlantic.com...

If Asians are the group most crossing the border these days, then why are there only latinos in these camps?

Did you seriously just suggest Asian illegal immigrants are coming across the southern border?

Asians tend to fly in, you know, that whole ocean thing in the way makes it a tough walk.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Another difference is that jails are for people found guilty of criminal charges. These camps are for people accused of misdemeanors.

multiple illegal entries are a felony....just sayin

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Didn't he say two days ago it can't be fixed by executive order?
Lol
Courage of his convictions.
Pressure.
He caved.
He's weak.
Lol
No I'm glad really. I am. These children should never have been subjected to this abuse.

Basically a bandaid and a kiss on your boo-boo is rarely amiss. But, it doesn't substitute for needed surgery. I'm guessing, you've never had any children though...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Asians tend to fly in, you know, that whole ocean thing in the way makes it a tough walk.

Which is why this immigration policy is totally misguided. It's not about immigration, it's about hating brown people.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Its great the American people stood up to the Nazi-style tactics and he folded like a cheap camera.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Which is why this immigration policy is totally misguided. It's not about immigration, it's about hating brown people.

No, it's about fixing a glaringly obvious issue.

If you were fixing a dam with a giant hole on one side of it, you wouldn't start by patching the cracks on the other side.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: UnBreakable

Maybe it'll be the right going nuts this time. By now the effects from 'Trump' shutting down Backpage.com. Where most the hookers had been indoors collecting their clients in private, now they'll all be out standing the corners again. Of course that's not how you frame it, instead its a ZOMG CRIME WAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly...yesterday I was driving, and I passed a hooker standing on the street. I glanced her way...simply because she was at least kind of attractive physically...which never happens in my town...if a hooker here is in any way attractive, she's a decoy cop, as a rule.

At any rate, my less than one second glance, caused a hello wave. So, evidence for your claim, I guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Problem solved.

Trump Wins

Next fake crisis plz.

What do they do about children who are not related to the adults that brought them over?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

A specific group like people that commit a crime, open boarder prison systems next?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join