It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
a reply to: Xcathdra

If we woke up tomorrow and the Dems found out most illegals would vote republican they would put landmines at the border.

The irony is, if they have any decent level of intellect, the existing illegal immigrants should know that allowing more illegal immigrants only means more competition for their low wage jobs and reduced wages and increased unemployment.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

If we woke up tomorrow and the Dems found out most illegals would vote republican they would put landmines at the border.

I think (with you as an assumed Republican) you are severely projecting here.
edit on 25pm18fpmThu, 21 Jun 2018 13:05:03 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 21 Jun 2018 13:05:03 -0500 by Wayfarer because: correct attribution

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Xcathdra
How about legal immigration?

More people want in than our immigration process allows for.

That's always been the case.

There is no right to enter the United States.

Maybe not, but it’s not in our national interest to exclude people either

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

False choice. There's like 4 bumpkins in Mad Dog, Arkansas that want to stop immigration entirely. Most of us just want to put more sensible restrictions on it and fix all the loopholes and asinine rules with it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It is illegal for any country to keep a husband and wife apart for any reason according to all UN peace treaties between nations... of course the children separated in those husband and wife relationships caught in the middle? Not good to be dragging children all over the place net after net border after border check after check.

A friend and his brother were dropped off in Chicago at an orphanage when they were children while the father then expatriated back into Mexico... he and his wife grew a rather large family there later.

My friend said growing up was a horrible experience to be warded to the state; but they also became streetwise and settled down to a slower pace as adulthood started sinking in; one started working for the highway department and another for the penal system after getting a degree in psychology... alcoholism ran in the family so that's why he decided to go that route; the other brother chose family and worked to provide for them at ground level and retired pretty good even though years of hard physical labor they never wanted to rise him up beyond office and pay scale even though he would do the work for even the lazy ones just thinking job.

So two fellows grew up in what is known as the murder capital of the world; and have nice family. Despite all that went on to get there... so earned comes in many forms.

Given seems to be those that just stand there waiting for someone else to take their position off of their hands... be it a shovel a sign or whatever else; while another sits and fills out all of that paperwork and speaks to whom one needs to speak too or directs them where. Laying down on the job; workaholics or overworked/taxed fall asleep at the desk... and some just fan their way through it with some script written to blow more hot air in those dream catchers.

Gavitity? Since all things rises, they and this too should pass. Time eventually returns every failure to wisdom of why.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG
It is illegal for any country to keep a husband and wife apart for any reason according to all UN peace treaties between nations...

Does this mean married people are exempt from prison sentences if they break a law?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

That's rich coming from a liberal who lives off projection.

Rest assured your open border dream will not come true. The USA will remain a sovereign country. All your bitching, crying, whining, on ATS will not change that. It's all futile.

PS we will keep our guns too.
edit on 21-6-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yes it is. Excluding people is essential to our security in many ways including, but not limited to, health concerns, gang and cartel affiliation, CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING(which is what this whole thing is really about), among other concerns.

There is a process in place. I think we both can agree that we need to streamline that process.

What we can't agree on is the open border silliness.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Rest assured your open border dream will not come true. The USA will remain a sovereign country. All your bitching, crying, whining, on ATS will not change that. It's all futile.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING(which is what this whole thing is really about)

You may have just hit on why Democrats and the media are losing their minds over this. They're going to lose their supply of victims. I kid, I kid...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

fyi

our asylum laws and policies are based from u.n. agreements of which we are currently backing out of.

one by one trump is removing the policies that were agreed to and at some point soon the world will get involved

nothing in the constitution allows for immigration and it is all just agreements

one important thing to remember bout walls is they work both ways and the tides can turn quickly on the world stage

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Again, the fact that you get your fee fee's hurt (from a post that is seemingly proven more accurate by your response) is just more evidence of projection.

I have no open border dream. I have no desire for the US to relinquish its sovereignty. I'm not sure where you made such assumptions, but the most likely culprit is your fevered mind dreamed them up because you've constructed equally non-nonsensical thought-forms yourself.

In essence your rebuttal to my post ends up coming across like a kid shouting "I know you are but what am I!?"

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Thank you Mr. Trump. You put up with so much and try so hard.

Utter BS. This moron signed an Executive Order he didn't even need to sign to stop himself from doing something he should have never done in the first place? What country are you from? You have a lot to learn about right from wrong.

This nitwit showed his true color, but when he realized the sane part of the country, left, right and indifferent, even his own family couldn't stomach it, he backed off to save himself. Comprehend this.
edit on 6/21/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

he did not really back off but rather just tried to confuse the situation further

all the dems saying he could change it with a pen were in no way referring to an xo of this sort but rather just for him to say he would resend the zero tolerance policy

never the less what he signed will be trimmed and folowed

we will not separate families and will give due process

i can not believe anyone on either side touting for indefinite detention

you get what you put in and people get what they deserve

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Madness. All the people with brains in their head just wanted him to pick up the phone, call ICE and border control, and say "nevermind". Instead he chose to make a big show of it, like he was doing something great. The man's a fool and apparently believes his "base" is too.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Again, the fact that you get your fee fee's hurt (from a post that is seemingly proven more accurate by your response) is just more evidence of projection.

I have no open border dream. I have no desire for the US to relinquish its sovereignty. I'm not sure where you made such assumptions, but the most likely culprit is your fevered mind dreamed them up because you've constructed equally non-nonsensical thought-forms yourself.

In essence your rebuttal to my post ends up coming across like a kid shouting "I know you are but what am I!?"

Ah saying I got my feelings hurt. Sorry to disappoint you Im not made of cotton like you more than likely are. (physically and mentally)

It looks like you took exception to the truth that dems are catering to illegals for votes and dont give a rats ass about children (who they ignored under Obama). Did the truth hurt your tiny feelings cream puff?

Give me your address and ill mail you a coloring book full of unicorns and pixies with a pack of crayolas free of charge, I think my 5 y/o niece has an extra one lying around for you.

That way you can go to your dedicated safe space in your parent's basement, apartment, or wherever you live and cope by coloring all because the mean evil straight white alpha male republican spoke the truth and made you cry.

I keep forgetting betas are so sensitive

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

False choice. There's like 4 bumpkins in Mad Dog, Arkansas that want to stop immigration entirely. Most of us just want to put more sensible restrictions on it and fix all the loopholes and asinine rules with it.

If some are good then why is more not better?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But the respected Senator His Majesty Chuck Schumer said an EO was necessary.

He even said publicly he would "loan" a pen to Trump.

🎃⚖

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Madness. All the people with brains in their head just wanted him to pick up the phone, call ICE and border control, and say "nevermind". Instead he chose to make a big show of it, like he was doing something great. The man's a fool and apparently believes his "base" is too.

I have seen your posts so I know this is like throwing a milk bucket under a bull but here goes:

Fact: The vast majority of the 12,000 children/minors crossed the border by themselves or with a stranger (and a lot of them were SENT across the border by their parents-- so they entered the United States already separated from their families). And no, I'm not just regurgitating a tweet posted by Trump. Even NPR has reported that "nearly 2,000 children" have been separated from their parents (which supports the claim about the vast majority). What were they supposed to do with the minors who crossed the border by themselves? Let them just roam around the country by themselves with no questions and no help? Because that certainly doesn't sound like a solution. At all.

People are obviously taking this to the utmost hyperbolic levels possible (by calling it a "concentration camp"), but the fact of the matter is this: These children are being treated no differently than any other American Citizen child who has needed to be taken out of their family situation due to felonies/crimes/violent crimes committed by the adult family members. And if you cross the border illegally ... THEN YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW. Simple as that. I have also read reports about how the majority of claims for "refuge/sanctuary" are completely false. I can't believe that people can tell me with a straight face that the system hasn't been abused. Come the # on.

But yeah, "Nazi Germany REEE" and everything. Let's not approach anything with nuance or critical thinking anymore. Let's just all act like we have a nasty case of PMS and throw crying temper tantrums as a method to change policy or as a means of debate.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

YEP

He is no fool though

He is a dictator operating in a democracy.

It is up to us to protest the unjust choices he makes if we feel they are unjust.

The founders knew of this day.

Now much of what he is doing has been to our benefit.

You can always count on him to press the issue and make over reaches.

He will get his way anytime we allow him too.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join