It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: network dude
this is officially the stupidest thing I have read on this site to date. Drop the mic, take a bow, and just walk away. I feel very good about this standing for a long time, and not coming close to being challenged.

An Award should be given.

Why is it so stupid? What's your rebuttal to open borders? Sacred of brown people being able to work in the US?

A country HAS to have borders. It's what makes the country.
So why does supporting the law make me scared of brown people? Stupid has kicked into overdrive

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
this is officially the stupidest thing I have read on this site to date. Drop the mic, take a bow, and just walk away. I feel very good about this standing for a long time, and not coming close to being challenged.

An Award should be given.

Why is it so stupid? What's your rebuttal to open borders? Sacred of brown people being able to work in the US?

How about legal immigration?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
How about legal immigration?

More people want in than our immigration process allows for.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
A country HAS to have borders. It's what makes the country.
So why does supporting the law make me scared of brown people? Stupid has kicked into overdrive

The United States has open borders between states. The states aren't disappearing. Borders are nothing more than an outline of legal jurisdictions.

I see this argument all the time, yet both the US and Europe are standing proof right now that open borders don't destroy the state.
edit on 21-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Xcathdra

If they dont obtain a VISA before entering the US to claim asylum they are violating immigration and international law.

Oh. Catch 22 then? Or not.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

www.uscis.gov...

Sloppy and vague. They should fix that.

Sounds a bit like entrapment.

Funny how they gave all the immigrant youths unaccompanied minor status by removing them from their accompanying people just so they could apply the reno scotus ruling.

Kinda like the ole "sir your taillight is out routine".

The claim that it takes an indefinite amount of time to determine if the adults are having sex with them or plan to sell them is indeed unjust if it goes beyond usual questioning without some valid evidence.

Until the dirty tactics are addressed they are acting like jack booted thugs that can not follow the law and provide due process.

Entrapment? yes
Unconstitutional? yes
Kidnapping? yes

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Can you imagine being spoiled and sheltered enough to think the conditions in those detention centers are even remotely comparable to a concentration camp? It's likely the nicest place any of those kids have ever been. Stable shelter, hot, nutritious meals, soft beds, entertainment, modern medical care. These kids are in better conditions than many of our inner-city school children.

They're a little closer to the internment camps we put the Japanese in during WW2, but I think even that's a stretch. That was done by liberal hero FDR though, so I doubt that debate will materialize anytime soon...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border.

Thank you

I would not get too excited...

It was more of a dictators wishlist than an xo.

The courts will have to trim it down in order for it to become valid beyond reproach.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have an open honest question.

What is the point of a law if it is untenable to enforce it?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I couldn't glean much from the semantic arguments but this seems the way to go. Gotta give Trump credit for not only doing this but also doing it with speed. Not something the gov't is known for.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Zero tolerance policies when enacted against the citizens of the usa makes everyone criminals.

The funny part is that many do not remember that these new precedence can and will be applied and used against you in the future.

If we do not go back to the constitution then the popularity contest we are all involved in will be the ticket for the full nwo take over.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Zero tolerance policies when enacted against the citizens of the usa makes everyone criminals.

The funny part is that many do not remember that these new precedence can and will be applied and used against you in the future.

If we do not go back to the constitution then the popularity contest we are all involved in will be the ticket for the full nwo take over.

Zero tolerance means following the rule of law.

If the law is so terrible that following it is unspeakable horror, then why have the law in the first place?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Japanese Internment camps were concentration camps

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Not sure were the problem is I assure you NOT one alien has cross and imaginary boarder on earth '
AS good case could be made with just that aliens lol ET go home ?

Ok Humans are greedy and ether you do what some humans want or they lock you up No such thing as a free country .
So why not admit you are trash and who cares if the area they come from has been destroyed with your help .
alest be honest heck I am no way I would side with someone from a 1000 miles away over my family .
acutely now ay I would side with the people who live next door over my family .

Now 200 years agaio it was George against them ( the king nothing has changed instead of humans working toghter to make it so no ones lives so badly they need to mass migrate we just lock them up through them back or kill them .
Yea for border controls keep all humans apart and safe from each other .

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I asked the same thing but then I’m told that without strict border laws the nation falls apart.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Zero tolerance means following the rule of law.

If the law is so terrible that following it is unspeakable horror, then why have the law in the first place?

dis·cre·tion
dəˈskreSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the quality of behaving or speaking in such a way as to avoid causing offense or revealing private information.
the freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.

Recently we have started to prosecute teens as pedos for sending pics to eachother.

Locally they are prosecuting a teen for having sex with a teen.

Are you ready to lock up all seniors in highschool for rape if they date another classmate.

This is just one avenue where the laws fail.

Simply put anyone who has ever had sex under 18 is a criminal.

Guess what if you jerk it you are also a criminal if you are under 18.

zero tolerance bro..

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Zero tolerance leads to a lot of idiocy that’s why a finger gun gets kids expelled under bringing a weapon to school

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
To think we need to hold families indefinitely in order to find out if children are having sex or carrying drugs makes us feckless and weak.

We have some pretty damn good trained professionals in the enforcement jobs that can tell within the first five minutes in front of a family init if there is abuse happening.

I pray you peeps get out of the tangled web of unconstitutionality we are in currently.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I asked the same thing but then I’m told that without strict border laws the nation falls apart.

A nation is defined by its borders.

I know you want open borders, but that also means no nations.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

So we should have laws that we follow only when it suits our needs, suits our agendas, or if we feel like it.

If a law is bad, can be bad, can be abused, then we should eliminate that law, not play candy-ass as to when it should be enforced.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join