It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simon_Boudreaux

Hmmm. Maybe everyone on the left can legally adopt one kid taking full financial responsibility for that child. Two birds, one stone. No kids in detainment, and U.S. taxpayers aren't paying for them.

I got a new direction for the left...

The President's EO SUPPORTS HUMAN TRAFFICKING!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Then you might want to address the issue where not agreeing with the ideology you endorse does not make us all Nazi's.

Extreme nationalist rhetoric.
Concentration camps for minorities.
White supremacy policies.
Bannon, Gorka, Miller, etc in positions of influence.
Ripping families apart.
Support for dictators around the world.
Retreat from supporting human rights.
Defending these policies with "just following orders"

We are in Nazi territory. Not all Republicans, but the Trump wing are actual nazi's going by policies they support.

Behold, Trump Derangement Syndrome at its finest.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   
POTUS #45 just signed away for total Amnesty & open borders.....exactly what the N AZI-party of Democrats wanted all along

2nd line just to skirt the rules---- just like what is allowed as 'a essential link of truth/discovery' in the
Political Dialogue arena

I know for sure I am designated as a red-pill &'un-redeemable' sort of bloke,,, and will not do the 26 week course of re-Education that the NAZI-dEMOCRATS will could force me into ! -. instead of euthanasia for us seniors which IS the NAZI-CRATS answer
edit on th30152954760620202018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm sure you have proof of this.

What's that? Oh, you're just parroting what CNN told you to, got it.

Here's one of an asylum seeker having her family taken away, while she was thrown in prison... a reward for doing everything legally.
www.aclu.org...

I want to see the 12,000 you mentioned. Not just the ONE, who's story is only told by one side. Although, I have a feeling you will have some trouble with the 12K, since you were lied to, but sucked it up like a 2 dollar hooker.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
If you were fixing a dam with a giant hole on one side of it, you wouldn't start by patching the cracks on the other side.

The best way to fix this problem is open borders. Patrol for drugs, and scan for criminals when people apply for residency status, but eliminate the political underclass of having an unrepresented group of immigrants in the country.

this is officially the stupidest thing I have read on this site to date. Drop the mic, take a bow, and just walk away. I feel very good about this standing for a long time, and not coming close to being challenged.

An Award should be given.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Vector99
If you were fixing a dam with a giant hole on one side of it, you wouldn't start by patching the cracks on the other side.

The best way to fix this problem is open borders. Patrol for drugs, and scan for criminals when people apply for residency status, but eliminate the political underclass of having an unrepresented group of immigrants in the country.

this is officially the stupidest thing I have read on this site to date.

Hold my beer. . .

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was told that he didn't have the power to 'fix it.' I was told that only congress can stop what was happening.

Did Donald Trump lie?

twitter.com...

Homeland Security @SecNielsen did a fabulous job yesterday at the press conference explaining security at the border and for our country, while at the same time recommending changes to obsolete & nasty laws, which force family separation. We want “heart” and security in America!

I was told, by numerous sources, that Trump was only 'following the law' by separating families. His hands were tied! It's the Democrats law from 1997 (when Republicans held both houses of congress). Suddenly, with an EO he can just break the law? Is Trump not the 'law and order' president anymore?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

As you are well aware, EO's don't change laws, negate laws.

As Obama once put it. . .

In his recent interviews defending his Executive Order Obama has insisted that he was merely advising departments responsible for enforcing immigration laws to utilize "prosecutorial discretion" when applying the law under certain circumstances. But he has insisted (correctly) that only Congress can "change a law."

www.truthrevolt.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

The order doesn't apply retroactively. So, the 2000 kids in detention won't be helped by this order.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andrewh7

Actually, it does.
But it remains to be seen how that will work out.

HHS Secretary Alex Azar said his department will start reuniting detained immigrant children with their parents, but he made no specific commitment on how quickly that can be accomplished.

www.nbcwashington.com...

Did they microchip the babies?

edit on 6/20/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Yeah the EO violates the courts ruling. Obama did the same thing in 2015 and it was thrown out.

Obama Immigrant Detention Policies Under Fire June 12, 20155:57 PM ET

--Meanwhile, lawyers at the Los Angeles-based Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law and Obama administration officials have just a few days left to settle a lawsuit challenging the detention facilities for more than 2,000 women with children, who came here during last summer's border surge. The families are being held in detention centers in Texas and Pennsylvania. A federal judge in Los Angeles issued a preliminary ruling finding that the administration is violating an 18-year-old court settlement, Flores v. Meese. The settlement requires the government to house migrant children in "the least restrictive environment" or release them to relatives. The judge gave federal officials and the Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law time to reach an agreement on how to implement her ruling before she makes it final.

Flores vs Meese was in 1997 and it accepted the ruling in Flores vs Reno (1993) as the baseline.

Family detention violates the law.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes. If it exceeds 20 days.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: andrewh7

Actually, it does.
But it remains to be seen how that will work out.

HHS Secretary Alex Azar said his department will start reuniting detained immigrant children with their parents, but he made no specific commitment on how quickly that can be accomplished.

www.nbcwashington.com...

Did they microchip the babies?

and violate their 4th amendment. Dont think so.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yes. If it exceeds 20 days.

and you can provide evidence of a person being arrested for illegally entering the US who was charged and had it resolved within 20 days?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Not off hand. But then, I don't have easy access to that information.
But united detention is not prohibited by Flores. Is it? You didn't mention that. I did.

Come to think of it, the administration never seems to have mentioned it either. Until today.

edit on 6/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Not off hand.
But united detention is not prohibited by Flores. Is it? You didn't mention that.

It violated Flores vs Reno and Flores vs Meese. Family detention is not lawful. It is bolded in my post of the 2015 Obama admin policy with family detention and the judge saying no because it violated reno. There is no 20 day family detention exception.

As for resolving a case in 20 days the answer is no.
edit on 21-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I guess the administration got it wrong then. Right? Maybe you should go to work for them.

"In each and every one of our negotiations in the last 18 months, all the immigration bills, we asked for resolution on the Flores settlement that is what we view requires 20 days before you have to release children and basically parents been released with children into society," White House Legislative Affairs Director Marc Short told reporters.
www.nbcnews.com...
Where do you think the admin got that 20 day number? Someplace the sun don't shine?

As for resolving a case in 20 days the answer is no.
Source?

edit on 6/21/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

20 days to release children from custody. It has nothing to do with family detentions. That would be in compliance with the Flores rulings in keeping minors in the least restrictive environment as legally possible.

If there is no family in the US or a sponsor to take the kids they remain in custody as the federal government becomes responsible for them since they cant legally make their own decisions.

Next time dont try and confuse the 2. They are different.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: Kharron

Thank God, now the rest of the website can agree with us that this has been inhumane.

Weird, because when the 9th circuit ruled, they saw putting the kids in prison with the parents as inhumane. Mark my words, Trump will now get $hit for putting the kids in prison with the parents. The next outrage will call for them to just allow the families in to the country.
Camel in the tent syndrome.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Source?

The fact more judges and immigration lawyers have been sent to the southern border, the discussion about immigration backlogs and the fact Illegal aliens in custody have no right to a bond hearing anymore.

The full prosecution negates the self deportations that were once allowed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join