It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama kept border kids in cages and wrapped them in foil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Congrats, you are only the second person to make this point, after my roommate earlier.

I grant that is a distinction worth mentioning, but a nuanced convo is not what is occurring in my social media, personal, and professional sphere. Everybody is screeching about "children being separated from their parents," not those who are legitimately done so versus those not.

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
The conditions are appalling even under Obama. The difference is the kids under Obama didn't come with their families so there was no separation involved. If those who did come with their families were proven criminals then Obama also separated the kids. Trump is separating all kids. Obama separated kids from Criminals. Big difference although i don't expect most here to understand the nuances.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
How did he create all those problems? For example DACA?

originally posted by: Willtell
Here is a problem that Trump himself created.

Just like he created the DACA problem himself

And now this liar in chief will take credit for a problem HE created in the first place

What a joke

This guy is one of the worst human beings in history.

And of course the worst president in history, without a doubt

He will bring this country DOWN to its knees

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

And then served them up like baked potatoes to his satanic friends right.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

And then served them up like baked potatoes to his satanic friends right.

That's what I was thinking. You never heard about "problems" with reuniting adults w/children. In many cases, there was never a reuniting.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I like my immigrant soup with a side of grilled cheese.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It doesn't matter if Mother Theresa did it. It's wrong.

We cannot right every wrong. It was wrong for them to come in the first place. Any other country would treat them much worse. And 90% of these kids arrived alone, they were not "seperated" from anyone. Less than 10% were actually seperated.

And how can we tell who is a parent and who is a human trafficker? Treat them like a puppy and see who the kid goes to? And hopefully that kid isn't suffering severe Stockholm symdrome?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
In my mind a border should always have a shoot-on-site policy...
Cause if someone comes into my home at night, illegally, they’ll be eating lead.

I don’t see a difference.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Anything to try to justify Trump.

"Excuses run rampant"

Funny how you leftist cupcakes ignore everything preceding Trump.

Funny how you Trumpster's always try to defend Trump by referring to the past.

There is no defense of Trump as Trump.

Annee, I think the point trying to surface in these comparisons to the past is this:

Why did you not care about this issue when Obama was doing the same thing, or worse?

Because you see, if Trump is doing something that Obama did, and now you scream and cry about it but were completely MUTE when Obama did the same thing, the logical conclusion is that what you care about is not this issue but instead what you care about is screaming Trump.

Don't you see how a rational person could draw that conclusion?

And furthermore, when this is pointed out and you immediately and continually say some platitude as what you said in this post here or your first one in this thread, it seems like yiu are deflecting. Those of you who are the most morally outraged are precisely the ones who REFUSE to answer why you didn't scream when the last President did the same thing.

See? what say you?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

How can any conservative and/or Republican take this seriously?

The OP shouldn't be part of your non-stop debate on the popularity of Trump vs Obama. You have to CLEARLY see the OP's MISTAKE

Regardless if the website/photos are legit. The families are together in the photos, mother's are holding children.

If this reply of yours is serious and not sarcasm/irony/satire, allow me to say that the OP was using satire to try to point out some things about the partisan crap happening these days.

If you didn't know it was satire, let me say two things. 1) I did the same thing in a thread a few days back. 2). The scary thing about me and you or anyone else NOT recognizing satire is that the reason we may not recognize it sometimes is because that's how batship crazy and rabid and ridiculous some people have become with this stuff! This is scary.

I may be mistaking YOUR post as non-satire response to the satire OP and in that case, just shoot me now.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: DAVID64

Anything to try to justify Trump.

"Excuses run rampant"

Don't you mean anything to crucify Trump?
I didn't see the Left up in arms over this when Obama was the "Deporter in Chief".

President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief." Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

I didn't see the Left up in arms [ now or then ] when people were being treated like that under Obama. So why all the wailing now?
Oh. Right. because... " TRUMP!!!!!"

Um, the left was not supportive of Obama's deportation policy at all. Perhaps you (conveniently) missed it. And... who on the left is defending Obama's wrongful border practices? I mean the dude turned out to be center right anyway, as we suspected that he might. As usual the right is telling the left how they think about something and then trying to use it as an excuse for Trump's unending supply of foolish blabbering/tweeting/policies/rants/tirades/wars/bombing/nation building/cheating/lying/name calling/pay to play/terrorist funding/backstabbing/need I say more.

UM, could you show me some threads about this back then, or some CNN news coverage? Not sure if you understand what's going on, but since Trump was blamed for this, the MSM has kind of made a big deal about it. And they didn't seem to make such a big deal back when it was Barry. See, they irony here is that a double standard seems to exist. But maybe it's just me, who knows.

You are also trying to compare two different eras in regard to the speed in which information and images are shared. Everything happens much faster now and reaches the public much easier. Totally different times.

Yeah, the difference in info sharing of 2016 and 2018 is huge. TOTALLY different era of the information age in 2016. Hell, even 2015 internet and social media is unrecognizeable to today.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You are so lost, only arguing because you hated having a Black President. What online right terror group are you part of?

Where did that member say anything about skin color?

ETA: if I missed an attempt at satire again, I am never looking at the Internet again.
edit on 21-6-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
I know the difference between an unaccompanied minor and children being ripped from their legal asylum seeking parents.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

You are so lost, only arguing because you hated having a Black President. What online right terror group are you part of?

They didn't. It just seems to be a standard response for white leftists.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I know the difference between an unaccompanied minor and children being ripped from their legal asylum seeking parents.

Then why do you care now?
Did you care before Trump?
It is not any different.
edit on 2018-06-21T20:37:07-05:002201821America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

That doesn't address a single thing I asked you about. Or if it does, my dumb little brain needs you to articulate it better.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Yeah, if these are real people and not freaks behind keyboards saying crazy stuff for a laugh, then seriously man, society is DONE.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yeah, if these are real people and not freaks behind keyboards saying crazy stuff for a laugh, then seriously man, society is DONE.

I think you are right.
None of this, makes any sense.
It's not just here. It's everywhere.
We might be done.
edit on 2018-06-21T20:44:03-05:002201821America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Did you cared before Trump?
It is not any different.

YES.

I am Pro LIVING CHILDREN.

I wanted to join the Peace Corp as far back as 1964.

During Obama's presidency there was a surge of unaccompanied minors crossing the border illegally. Most from South America, not Mexico.

It was an emergency situation that required an immediate emergency solution.

On the other hand, an asylum seeking caravan took months to get to our border. Trump had ample time to come up with a reasonable solution. He didn't.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Did you cared before Trump?
It is not any different.

YES.

I am Pro LIVING CHILDREN.

I wanted to join the Peace Corp as far back as 1964.

During Obama's presidency there was a surge of unaccompanied minors crossing the border illegally. Most from South America, not Mexico.

It was an emergency situation that required an immediate emergency solution.

On the other hand, an asylum seeking caravan took months to get to our border. Trump had ample time to come up with a reasonable solution. He didn't.

This has been going on for a long time.
This is not a partisan thing.
Show me were you complained when Obama was doing it.
Or maybe, you know he was doing it?
He was.
But you probably did not know that, or didn't care.
You sure the seem to care now.
edit on 2018-06-21T21:12:52-05:002201821America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Why is it a problem now?
Because you hate Trump.
edit on 2018-06-21T21:20:03-05:002201821America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join