It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama kept border kids in cages and wrapped them in foil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Would you say they're in cages though? (asking for a friend)

No, since all references to cages deal with animals. If someone was to suggest these kids are seen as animals by those who are taking care of them then maybe we can say cages. Anyone want to suggest the workers at these holding places are doing this?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

How can any conservative and/or Republican take this seriously?

The OP shouldn't be part of your non-stop debate on the popularity of Trump vs Obama. You have to CLEARLY see the OP's MISTAKE

Regardless if the website/photos are legit. The families are together in the photos, mother's are holding children.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Anything to try to justify Trump.

"Excuses run rampant"

Funny how you leftist cupcakes ignore everything preceding Trump.

Funny how you Trumpster's always try to defend Trump by referring to the past.

Not as funny as liberals constantly denying or ignoring the past because it shows up their bias & hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

How can any conservative and/or Republican take this seriously?

The OP shouldn't be part of your non-stop debate on the popularity of Trump vs Obama. You have to CLEARLY see the OP's MISTAKE

Regardless if the website/photos are legit. The families are together in the photos, mother's are holding children.

Are you seriously going to argue that kids were not being separated from their parents under Obama, because in this photo it does not appear they were.

You do know that nobody that has looked at the facts is disputing that happened right?

Look at how you are trying to twist things to not break your cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Post a picture of yourself and your name if you feel so strongly about it. Are you part of an online right wing terrorist group?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Post a picture of yourself and your name if you feel so strongly about it. Are you part of an online right wing terrorist group?

I do not feel strongly about anything other than people criticizing Trump over these facilities separating kids from their parents are completely irrational.

They do not offer a realistic solution other than leaving the border wide open, they do not acknowledge the issue has existed for many years prior to Trump, they refuse to put blame on anyone other than Trump, and they are blowing the issue incredibly out of proportion.

Hundreds of kids are separated from their parents every day when they go to prison. This is literally no different. Their parents are choosing to be criminals by coming into the country illegally.
edit on 20-6-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: DAVID64

"Excuses run rampant"

Don't you mean anything to crucify Trump?
I didn't see the Left up in arms over this when Obama was the "Deporter in Chief".

President Barack Obama has often been referred to by immigration groups as the "Deporter in Chief." Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

I didn't see the Left up in arms [ now or then ] when people were being treated like that under Obama. So why all the wailing now?
Oh. Right. because... " TRUMP!!!!!"

Um, the left was not supportive of Obama's deportation policy at all. Perhaps you (conveniently) missed it. And... who on the left is defending Obama's wrongful border practices? I mean the dude turned out to be center right anyway, as we suspected that he might. As usual the right is telling the left how they think about something and then trying to use it as an excuse for Trump's unending supply of foolish blabbering/tweeting/policies/rants/tirades/wars/bombing/nation building/cheating/lying/name calling/pay to play/terrorist funding/backstabbing/need I say more.

UM, could you show me some threads about this back then, or some CNN news coverage? Not sure if you understand what's going on, but since Trump was blamed for this, the MSM has kind of made a big deal about it. And they didn't seem to make such a big deal back when it was Barry. See, they irony here is that a double standard seems to exist. But maybe it's just me, who knows.

Specifically? The same information wasn't brought to light. But as I stated previously, the left was not happy with Obama in regard to his handling of immigrants.

Democrats lash out at Obama over immigration raids

Why Has President Obama Deported More Immigrants Than Any President in US History?

Analysi s: Obama deportations raise immigration policy questions

Just because you want to think you know how all leftists think doesn't mean that is how it is. And just because you don't remember things being reported doesn't mean they weren't.

But as of now, Trump is being discussed in regards to this issue...

1. Because he is president now, and this is happening right now. Duh.
2. Because of the Trump admin's hardline approach and callous & repeated defense of it. Also duh.

Just look at the responses from the right on here since the very beginning that this all came to light. Did leftist talk that way about deportations or immigrants... ever? Talking about people as less than human is pretty well symptomatic of the right (or telling them that they need to kill themselves, or go find a new country, or they aren't American, etc). Again, just like always, Trump could have averted all of this, but wanted to make sure he appealed to his base first. Obama did the opposite and most often tried to appeal to the center and the corporatocracy first, which is why the leftists were not happy with him within his first 6 months.

You are also trying to compare two different eras in regard to the speed in which information and images are shared. Everything happens much faster now and reaches the public much easier. Totally different times.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just right-wing propaganda... likely lies.

And even if it is true, which I doubt, so what, it was evil then and it's evil now.

So Obama does it and the hypocrites here so it’s bad but Trump does it then its good.

It’s YOU who are the hypocrites, not liberals.

IF this was true we didn’t hear about it

Trump gloats about the evil he does, so we know about it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You are so lost, only arguing because you hated having a Black President. What online right terror group are you part of?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Like I thought this OP IS A LIE!

This OP should be put in the HOAX forum.

RIGHT-WING LIES

The idea that this is simply a continuation of an Obama-era practice is "preposterous," said Denise Gilman, director of the Immigration Clinic at the University of Texas Law School. "There were occasionally instances where you would find a separated family — maybe like one every six months to a year — and that was usually because there had been some actual individualized concern that there was a trafficking situation or that the parent wasn’t actually the parent."
Once custody concerns were resolved, "there was pretty immediately reunification," Gilman told NBC News. "There were not 2,000 kids in two months — it’s not the same universe," she added.

The Trump administration separated 1,995 children from 1,940 adults from April 19 to May 31, a spokesman for the Department of Homeland Security said Friday, a period in which the "zero tolerance" policy was in effect.

LINK

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with Trump or Russia so no one cares.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Here's more...

Jeh Johnson, who served as homeland security secretary under Obama, said he did not separate children and parents despite the enormous surges of unaccompanied minors and families that came across the border in 2014 fleeing Central American violence. "In three years on my watch, we probably deported or returned or repatriated about a million people to enforce border security.

One of the things I could not do is separate a child from his or her mother, or literally pull a mother from his or her arms," Johnson said on MSNBC last week. “I just couldn’t do it.” Obama’s top domestic policy adviser, Cecilia Muñoz, said the Obama administration did consider a similar policy, but determined it heartless. "The agencies were surfacing every possible idea,” Muñoz told The New York Times in an interview recently. "I do remember looking at each other like, ‘We’re not going to do this, are we?’ We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea. The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are."

Why don't you people just accept the fact that Trump is a low down dirty dog and STOP trying to justify the foul acts of this reprobate

GROW UP!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is a problem that Trump himself created.

Just like he created the DACA problem himself

And now this liar in chief will take credit for a problem HE created in the first place

What a joke

This guy is one of the worst human beings in history.

And of course the worst president in history, without a doubt

He will bring this country DOWN to its knees

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Just right-wing propaganda... likely lies.

And even if it is true, which I doubt, so what, it was evil then and it's evil now.

So Obama does it and the hypocrites here so it’s bad but Trump does it then its good.

It’s YOU who are the hypocrites, not liberals.

IF this was true we didn’t hear about it

Trump gloats about the evil he does, so we know about it.

This is not propaganda - I can understand why you might be confused, you believe propaganda and disbelieve reality on a regular basis.

Please show me where Trump gloated about this. Talk about spreading propaganda. You all claim Trump is the biggest liar in history but have no problem making up lies like this.

What evil are you referring to - seriously I can think of nothing he has done that is evil. Are you going to tell me enforcing immigration law is evil?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Here's more...

Jeh Johnson, who served as homeland security secretary under Obama, said he did not separate children and parents despite the enormous surges of unaccompanied minors and families that came across the border in 2014 fleeing Central American violence. "In three years on my watch, we probably deported or returned or repatriated about a million people to enforce border security.

One of the things I could not do is separate a child from his or her mother, or literally pull a mother from his or her arms," Johnson said on MSNBC last week. “I just couldn’t do it.” Obama’s top domestic policy adviser, Cecilia Muñoz, said the Obama administration did consider a similar policy, but determined it heartless. "The agencies were surfacing every possible idea,” Muñoz told The New York Times in an interview recently. "I do remember looking at each other like, ‘We’re not going to do this, are we?’ We spent five minutes thinking it through and concluded that it was a bad idea. The morality of it was clear — that’s not who we are."

Why don't you people just accept the fact that Trump is a low down dirty dog and STOP trying to justify the foul acts of this reprobate

GROW UP!

Yeah, well I have heard several border agents interviewed say it was the policy under Obama - and I'm sorry I consider them a far more trustworthy source.

The right is not the ones screaming their political opponents are Nazi's - it's the left that needs to grow up.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It doesn't matter if Mother Theresa did it. It's wrong.

Sure, but there is a big difference between a person legitimately saying, "Hey this policy is problematic or inhumane for x,y, and z reasons, it's been going on for a while, and we need to address it," versus "OMG nobody did this before Trump and he and all of his followers are literally hitler, and if you don't agree you are too."

There are immigration activists or experts who talked about this before Trump, and they should get credit for being objective and issue-focused, not partisan. However, suddenly a majority of my Democrat friends and colleagues not only think this is a new thing, but are making allusions to Nazi Germany. The latter doesn't seem well informed or ingenous.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

They do not offer a realistic solution other than leaving the border wide open, they do not acknowledge the issue has existed for many years prior to Trump, they refuse to put blame on anyone other than Trump, and they are blowing the issue incredibly out of proportion.

They offer appeals to emotion over logic. See above.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Can you admit that this predates Trump and the left excepting a few experts or activists didn't talk about this? Hypocrisy or partisan outrage is something worth discussing.

That doesn't legitimate the policy, however.

"Excuses run rampant"

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

After thinking on this, I think it can't only be explained by anti-Trumpism. I suspect the manufactured outrage is to distract from other issues such as the unraveling FBI investigations, IG report, bias, etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join