It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration apparently let horrific things happen to immigrant kids.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Do you believe that the current administration should continue on the same path as the last one regarding this issue?

Because I don't.

And if this admin does continue this way what will you do?
edit on 21-6-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   
www.hsgac.senate.gov...&%20Minority%20Staff%20Report%20-%20Protecting%20Unaccompanied%20Alien%20Children%20from%20Traff icking%20and%20Other%20Abuses%202016-01-282.pdf

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Do you believe that the current administration should continue on the same path as the last one regarding this issue?

Because I don't.

And if this admin does continue this way what will you do?

well, the current administration didn't do things the same, He tried to get congress to change the law, they didn't, so he did it himself. But an EO isn't the same thing and if the law isn't changed in congress, it could happen again.

If Trump does things I don't like, I'l get angry and I might make a sign.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   

But doesn't this show us that it's congress that wont budge.
The republicans have the majority, wouldn't this be a win for them now , after trumps EO, knowing that america wants this?

Hopefully this will get some laws changed.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Well part of that is correct.
Obama didn't allow anything.
But predators will target kids where they can. Now trump has provided so many more opportunities since there are so many kids and so few care givers.
I bet they lined up to volunteer just lately.
edit on 6212018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

You don't think there's even more abuse now with so many more children?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Screen people so you don't hire child abusers.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Just the other day, Jeff Sessions said they're seeing a big spike in people attempting to cross the border with children who are not their own

This is a lie that Sessions is telling to support the presidents agenda. He's in a bad place and needs to placate the boss to get back in his good graces.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

S&F, its good to see CNN is exposing this too, there might be hope for them yet.

LOL, just joking, they're beyond repair, still, its important that we get the full picture of whats been happening on the southern border and not just cherry-picked bias's.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Just the other day, Jeff Sessions said they're seeing a big spike in people attempting to cross the border with children who are not their own

This is a lie that Sessions is telling to support the presidents agenda. He's in a bad place and needs to placate the boss to get back in his good graces.

This is another lie silly told. She lies way more than Trump.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You don't think there's even more abuse now with so many more children?

Well, this year alone, there have been 21,158 unaccompanied minor.s from southern countries THAT HAVE BEEN CAUGHT crossing the border illegally. So there is a lot of kids to account for and a lot of needs that must be met. If you really think about this, we are taxing our system pretty hard in trying to deal with such a surge.

Rather than keep finding ways to take care of these kids WITHOUT them being taken advantage of or abused, wouldn't finding a way to DETER them from crossing illegally be a smart way to go? If you don't think so, then I'd like to hear your ideas for a solution to the current issue.

Foreign Minors Crossing Border Under Trump Approaching Obama’s 2014 Record

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join