It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions about Immigration Detention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I empathize with children who are abused. Are the border children being systematically abused? Are they not being cared for? If any of that is the case, I’m missing it in everyone who’s outraged’s messages... (The crying kids argument and the cage argument are stupid, and I don’t know enough to say that there is NO systematic abuse/neglect, which is why I phrased it that way... Any specific cases NEED to be addressed ASAP.)

That being said: Are the immigrant children, the vast majority of the ones currently being detained, in better conditions NOW, or before when they got to the USA?

If they’re better off now, how can so many people be appalled?

If they’re not better off now, then I am confused... What are they fleeing?

I understand this is (over?)simplification. Sometimes, I need to start small.

edit on 6/20/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu
I am just wondering when Democrats are going to figure out that by not separating illegal alien families, they are sending children to jail.

/facepalm

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

LOL, I brought this up too. They just traversed days in a desert, I can't imagine any of it was easy, and they are getting health care, nutrition, and rest. So while it's sad that they aren't in prison with their parents, at least they are getting a bit of needed care.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The new Democrat hash tag

#sendkidstoprison

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

There was an article that came out a few weeks ago showing that there was a rampant amount of abuse being committed by CBP officers at holding facilities for unaccompanied children. It also said these officers don't face any kind of repercussions.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

There was an article that came out a few weeks ago showing that there was a rampant amount of abuse being committed by CBP officers at holding facilities for unaccompanied children. It also said these officers don't face any kind of repercussions.

link?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I’ll take a look, if you got a link... That’s why I asked.
(I have heard about a deputy who was arrested for abuse, but that’s not what you’re talking about...)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Source

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

2009-2014?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Source

Bwahahahahahahahah

Not that any of that is funny, but your ability to comprehend things like dates sure is.

The report is based on over 30,000 pages of documents dated between 2009 and 2014

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm well aware of the dates the report focuses on. Is there anything that has occurred over the past four years to make you think things have been overhauled?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

don't worry, I did a thread on it. And I sure don't know, but one thing I am pretty sure of is that this isn't Trump's fault. I think this one falls on Blowbama.

ETA: But I'm sure glad Trump is bringing all this to light. the ACLU should kiss his feet for that. Now, with all the media attention, these kids are safer than if they were in church.

edit on 20-6-2018 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Thank you for the link. A couple thoughts:
I will say this: These allegations are troubling, and need to be investigated expeditiously, but without more information, I can’t come to a good conclusion. Evidence wasn’t provided. Stuff wasn’t investigated... How can I know some of that stuff wasn’t made up or biased? That whole situation seems fubar.

We do need to make sure abuse doesn’t happen anymore ESPECIALLY from law enforcers and hold abusers responsible...

(I think) i want cameras virtually everywhere that someone is a ward of the state. Prison abuse sucks, no matter who.

We can’t take away force as a tool in all cases, can we?

(Eta: The ACLU has changed from what they once were, IMO... I personally gave the linked report more credibility before I saw that it was new, from this year. The allegations are all still troubling, though...)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I didn't say it was Trump's fault. I also don't think it's Obama's fault. It's not like this is a phenomenon unique to these facilities. Pretty much any time children are detained and put under guard those guards are willing to take advantage of those children. Just look at how children are treated in the criminal justice system. And as long as these officers have no fear of repercussions the abuse will continue.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, I brought this up too. They just traversed days in a desert, I can't imagine any of it was easy, and they are getting health care, nutrition, and rest. So while it's sad that they aren't in prison with their parents, at least they are getting a bit of needed care.

Approx. 10,000 out of 12,000 were UNACCOMPANIED MINORS. That means they came here WITHOUT their parents.

Let that sink in.

They arrive with "handlers"....smugglers or traffickers to be picked up at some point by a "relative". Let THAT sink in, too.

It takes approx. $5,000 to facilitate the illegal entry by one of these "handlers". Who paid that money? One is a fool to think some poor parent in Honduras was able to cough up that kind of cash.

Those kids, mostly young teens, are being bought and paid for by SOMEBODY. Who?

Ask yourself, who want human trafficking of youngsters to continue unabated? Who has the loudest voices? Why? These people are SICK.
edit on 20-6-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think it is more evidence of (at least one) previous administration’s deviousness...
I thank you again for the link.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
I empathize with children who are abused. Are the border children being systematically abused? Are they not being cared for? If any of that is the case, I’m missing it in everyone who’s outraged’s messages... (The crying kids argument and the cage argument are stupid, and I don’t know enough to say that there is NO systematic abuse/neglect, which is why I phrased it that way... Any specific cases NEED to be addressed ASAP.)

That being said: Are the immigrant children, the vast majority of the ones currently being detained, in better conditions NOW, or before when they got to the USA?

If they’re better off now, how can so many people be appalled?

If they’re not better off now, then I am confused... What are they fleeing?

I understand this is (over?)simplification. Sometimes, I need to start small.

You aren't missing anything. There is no logic to any of the outrage.

What they want is to have none detained and just let anyone who wants let into the country.

This 100% is only about finding something to attack Trump on - they know separating children from their parents is something nobody supports so they are flooding the news with stories about how Trump is responsible.

They don't want anyone to look at the situation logically - they just want people to hold it against Trump and the Republicans.

This is a supremely transparent effort to attempt to play on peoples emotions in a desperate effort to save the midterms for the democrats.

They have no policies to offer to help people so this is the best they have attack Trump and his supporters as racists.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have a question I would like investigated regarding the ten thousand unaccompanied minors (that's not even considering the tens of thousands of them that swarmed over our borders in 2014 and 2015.)

Are these kids being sold by their own parents in Central America?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And how is anyone to know what they're going through? We know kids are being detained, we know they've been held in cages at some point, at least. We know a US legislator was denied access and we know the propaganda arm of the government released five staged photos days later. Bottom line is we don't know what conditions the kids are living under, apart from carefully staged info, and that should be enough for a decent person to be outraged about.

If it turns out that the kids are not in cages, and have not been at any point, that they have pool tables and all get two scoops of ice cream, and that they have uninhibited access to the phones so they can keep in contact with their families and not suffer trauma -- well, that would be something. What are the chances of it being the second scenario, which would be the humane one?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Talking points, No substance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join