It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cancels congressional picnic to work on pressing issues

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why have you? Have you shown proof that children were taken from their parents before May of this year? No. The laws are bad. No question. But no president took it to this extreme without heart or conscience. They did not pull nursing babies from their mothers breast.
They did not factory house kids like turkeys at thanksgiving.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

These people are not criminals. And first time border crossing if illegal is a misdemeanor and over 90% of these people are first time crossers .

Isn't a misdemeanor a criminal act?
edit on 20-6-2018 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

We all know that pointing fully automatic guns at Elian Gonzales was a kinder, gentler Janet Reno versus burning up children in Waco. Even at Ruby Ridge they only assassinated a mother with child in arms at her doorway while working on toning it down.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I just said that.
Wow where was that last week?
Last month?
Before they lost a thousand kids?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

But you can't justify incompetence or insanity and he clearly is both.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   

97% of immigrants released with a court date don't show up.

Now what?

😃

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Oh, Silly...you're out of your depth on this one. This isn't the type of thing where you spout out one-liners and move on.

I've researched the Sessions memo, the UNCRC, human-trafficking laws, our immigration laws, and the SOTUS ruling (the actual document) in the Flores v. Reno case.

I understand the laws, both national and international, and what is happening at the border violates nothing other than the ethics of most people, including me.

The difference is that I understand that laws are not enforced because of collective emotional outcry based on media misrepresentation of an issue.

In any event, Trump just signed an EO intending to keep families together, but I don't think that it's going to change much, because it relies on being able to verify the familial relationship between the adults and the children, and the lack of legal documentation and proof in these relationships is a big part of the 'why' behind the separation of the families.

But, meh--that's more for anyone else interested in reading my response, as I'm sure that it will get disregarded by you.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Hey thanks I like that song.

It has a good beat to it, can you feel it?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: manuelram16

First president to curse on tv
First president to lie every single day
First president to collude with a foreign power to steal an election.
First president to lie every single day
It's worth saying twice.
First pres to not sit through a security briefing without pictures to illustrate the issues.
First pres to not read. First to bomb the country with tweets outlining off the cuff policy just because someone pissed him off.

Please continue, you got 50 more to catch up...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You show me babies and not teens who crossed without an adult. We all know about these kids who came unaccompanied by an adult. That was humane because 1) they're not babies who don't understand and 2) they were immediately cared for and sheltered.
Please don't cloud the issue. It's not the same thing at all. And if you weren't so stubborn you'd see that. BUT...

Its not my responsibility to find evidence supporting your claim. You do that. Show me something real, something factual, something I can verify myself and I will look at it with honest eyes. But all you have is opinion. Sorry, but that doesn't cut it.

Associated Press fact check showed my statements were true. All you had was snopes saying the policy of enforcement had changed but not the law itself. And since the pictures of actual enforcement under obama have been verified as fact your argument is blatantly false.

To avoid dealing with that inconvenience you fall back on the "what about the babies" card because the what about the children card didn't work. Show me something, anything, that proves what you are saying about babies that is not being done for their own safety and well being.

For that matter, what kind of psychopath makes a dangerous trek across 2000 miles of scorching desert to enter a country illegally with an infant? You want to blame someone for putting those babies in danger how about aiming your moral outrage at the parents?

Four sitting Presidents had a chance to change this policy but only one is actually doing it and you find fault with him for it. This policy started because democrats said it was in the children's best interests to be taken out of detention after 20 days and put in foster sponsor care, usually with other family members. The younger the child the more difficult it is to do so. There are numerous health issues to consider, not just who has temporary custody of them. What if none of these babies has ever been vaccinated for anything? What if they are carrying, oh lets say, polio, or TB, or any of a number of illnesses we would like to prevent? Being responsible takes time. Being wreckless and careless happens very quickly.

Trump didn't start this but you blame him. Trump doesn't act quickly enough on it so you blame him. If he acts too quickly and someone gets hurt, you blame him. The bottom line is you just want to complain and you will no matter what happens.

Unless the POTUS is a democrat. Then you won't say a damn thing.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Curious how he didn't have more pressing concerns with his 115 visits to his own resorts since taking office, 56 of which (at a minimum) included him golfing.

But now he has to fix a problem that oddly wasn't a problem until he made it a problem, and he is a hero? Yea.. ok. Trump skipping a picnic = a praise-thread on ATS. Hilarious times we live in.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Yeah, he is the first POTUS ever to golf while President.

And separating families was not Trumps problem. It started with clinton. The pictures of kids in cages are from 2014 when obama was in charge. But yeah, it was never a problem until Trump took office. Its ok for democrats to put kids in cages. No problem according to you. Your words, not mine.

So democrats who suggested the separations in the first place now say its wrong because Trump is doing it. So Trump tells congress to write a bill to solve the problem. They refuse, so he does it himself by XO. And people still complain. So I give the man credit for what he did. And now people like you come on threads like this and complain some more. Keep going. Its what democrats are good at.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join