It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House considering executive action to prevent family separations at border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Are these detention centers a new thing, since he's been president?

The ones for babies are. Yes.

Well, I'm not entirely sure on semantics of 'Detention Center' but I think they've actually officially crossed over into 'Concentration Camps'.

A baby has died in detention @ Shiloh Center (where they're housing the kids/babies).

Twitter Link

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
How cute. This administration's policy changes caused this mess in the first place. First with the zero tolerance policy and then by limiting who can seek asylum. Now Trump's going to try to play the hero and all of his supporters that claimed separating families was a good thing are going to eat it right up.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
How cute. This administration's policy changes caused this mess in the first place. First with the zero tolerance policy and then by limiting who can seek asylum. Now Trump's going to try to play the hero and all of his supporters that claimed separating families was a good thing are going to eat it right up.

"Zero Tollerance"

What other laws should we only enforce if and when we feel like it?

edit on 20-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: howtonhawky

The Supreme Court ruled on this issue. Your point is invalid based on the Supreme Courts rulling.

If the states don't agree they need to challenge the Supreme Court not the POTUS.

lol

no

they have gotten it wrong

the wordingis very clear in the constitution

the supreme court ignored the constitution in order to deal with the chineses and opium

really are you gonna defend a unconstitutional ruling just out of spite and such for your polar opposite?

they also ruled that drugs are illegal yet if one follows the wording of the constitution then we can see that drug enforcement is also a state function and in order to make something federally illegal then you have to amend the constitution

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Asylum seekers are not criminals and yet under this new policy they are being treated as such. Which is where most people take issue.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That's it exactly. This whole sh!tshow was conjured up so that Trump could save the day and chalk up a "win" on an immigration issue.

And when it's all said and done - absolutely nothing will have changed. As is the norm.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

How was I defending anything but the POTUS himself?

The problem is with the Supreme Court and Congress. The states, media and everyone else needs to point the finger in the right places.

I am advocating intelligence over misplaced feelings. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Are these detention centers a new thing, since he's been president?

The ones for babies are. Yes.

Well, I'm not entirely sure on semantics of 'Detention Center' but I think they've actually officially crossed over into 'Concentration Camps'.

A baby has died in detention @ Shiloh Center (where they're housing the kids/babies).

Twitter Link

There is one tweet from a rabid liberal making this claim with absolutely no cited source or reference of any kind.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: underwerks

Trump did not make this policy to separate children from parents. It was a law before he was president.
The previous administrations were refusing to follow the law.
You don't get to just ignore a bad law if you don't like it. If the people want it changed, Congress needs to fix it.

We not only can, but should disobey unjust laws. This is America. If every law on the books was completely and thoroughly followed we’d be living in an open air prison.

Hell, I work in an industry that is federally illegal. The cannabis dispensaries I frequent are federally illegal. Under federal law, everyone that works there is a criminal and should be facing multiple years in prison.

I believe breaking unjust laws is one of the most patriotic things an American can do.

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws." -Martin Luther King Jr.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Asylum seekers are not criminals and yet under this new policy they are being treated as such. Which is where most people take issue.

Not according to the DHS. Some cases may have been mishandled. But the DHS has made it clear that you are incorrect.

Read
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Trump created the problem; good on him for fixing it (IF he does)!

edit on 20-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Trump never forced the people to send their kids to the border with strangers.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Trump did not create the problem he enforced a law that he did not create.
www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If true, I stand corrected.
Can you show me anything proving that trump re instituted the policy?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You should read the law defining asylum seeker vs illegal alien. The only valid asylum seeker is one that has not entered the country but has applied and received asylum seeker status. Only then can they legally enter the country under asylum. Anyone else in the country without such documentation is an illegal alien.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You can keep quoting the DHS statement but the fact remains that neither 1996's immigration reform nor the Flores Settlement says anything about separating families.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Trump did not create the problem he enforced a law that he did not create.
www.dhs.gov...

Incorrect. Trump instructed Jeff Sessions to implement a "zero tolerance" policy that created this issue, and the issue did not exist as such before that happened.

You can buy the government spin on it if you wish. I don't.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Asylum seekers are expected to go to ports of entry and declare their intent. Are you saying that if someone follows procedure that makes them a criminal?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Not according to the DHS. Some cases may have been mishandled. But the DHS has made it clear that you are incorrect.

Read
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.dhs.gov...

over and over you peeps ignore the facts

the law that makes crossing the border has exceptions to it written in and the admin decided to not allow any exceptions for asylum seekers while at the same time they closed to ports to asylum seekers

kristen spins much

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Right and I just saw a news segment reporting that the Republicrats have advanced several legislative proposals that the Democrats thoroughly reject and won't even discuss with their counterparts across the aisle.

Face it, the only time anything gets done outa Congress is when the Demopublicans and the Progressive Leftists control both houses of Congress. When the Republicrats control both houses, they don't know what to do; they do nothing except raise campaign funds to get re-elected to office.

And NOTHING Trump does at this point will matter. The damage is done and it wouldn't surprise me to start seeing all manner of demonstrations, rally's and marches all across the country.

I suspect this is going to get a whole lot nastier.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join