It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House considering executive action to prevent family separations at border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

i am a firm believer that this is a deliberately offensive policy in order to force congress into action... i wish it would have stayed that way, but unfortunately it looks like he's taking the Obama E.O. band-aid approach.
edit on 20-6-2018 by smkymcnugget420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Source?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
if this goes through, Trump will have essentially played his supporters and non supporters alike.

The non supporters will maybe realize that had congress played ball to begin with and the laws been better planned maybe we could have avoided all of this... plus he looks good making it a point to end al the baby caging.

His supporters have been running around justifying and praising this baby caging just because they feel like they need to defend their Chester Cheetos every move.

Both sides looking stupid.

Is this the 36DD chess Iv Been hearing about?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

DHS, ICE and the Border Patrol don't think the wall is stupid. They have already started building it in some places.

Your opinion is irrelevant to me unless you want to go stand gaurd and risk your life.

You do realize the wall is also a deterrent for drug smuggling and human trafficking right? But let's make this just about immigration. Because it just doesn't sound as good to be pro drugs and human trafficking.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: underwerks

How is it his mess again?
Did he force these people to come here?
Are these detention centers a new thing, since he's been president?

It’s his fault for re-instituting the policy of separating children from their parents as a deterrent to other illegal immigrants.

Yes, parents were separated from their children under previous administrations. But not at the rate they are now. And it wasn’t being done as a “deterrent”. Which is basically scaring away potential illegal immigrants by making it known that you’re going to take their kids.

People aren’t going to stop coming here until the underlying issues are faced. A wall is laughable, and that Trump is willing to support breaking up families to bring the Democrats to the table to agree to pay for it is abhorrent. And is the textbook definition of putting politics over people.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

you mean patch a disastrously broken system and kick the can down the road to the next administration like Obama did with the dreamer E.O.? yeah, great. he folder...i say too bad he didn't stick it out and let the outrage translate into action by congress...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Phage

DHS, ICE and the Border Patrol don't think the wall is stupid. They have already started building it in some places.

Your opinion is irrelevant to me unless you want to go stand gaurd and risk your life.

You do realize the wall is also a deterrent for drug smuggling and human trafficking right? But lets make this just about immigration. Because it just doesn't sound as good to be pro drugs and human trafficking.

Bill, hillary, obama, biden, and pelosi all thought it was a good idea too - when democrats said it...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

all he has to do is allow the exception for asylum seekers so they are not charged with crime
a reply to: howtonhawky

they aren't charged with a crime if they go to a legal border crossing and apply... you dont get to wade across the Rio and yell "i'm seeking asylum"... that's not how it works.

why don't you go try crossing the border at a non-designated checkpoint and see how well that works for you.

its illegal for citizens and non-citizens alike

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I find seperation to be reprehensible but that doesn't change the law nor does it change the fact I want POTUS to follow and enforce our laws 100% of the time. The law is clearly broken and does not represent the will of the people. But the answer is not to ignore the law like previous administrations bit to change it.

As much as I've said Potus doesn't have the authority to create an EO that goes against the Supreme Court.

I hope he actually does sign an EO. This would but the Supreme Court in a mess it probably didn't anticipate when they defined the law.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: xuenchen

hahahaha He cancelled the Congressional picnic tomorrow.

Serious Business !!

Our immigration system has been broken for years and Trump is finally trying to get Congress off their corrupt asses to finally fix it and close the loop holes. We always hear from both sides on how Congress is corrupt and never gets anything done. We finally have a president who is forcing them to do their jobs and all of a sudden he is being called Hitler!

This is what I think so many people are missing; whether it be because Trump is a buffoon, playing three dimensional chess, is an evil jerk, or our savior... it can't be denied that he is causing a situation that is putting spot lights on all our countries issues and that the reason these issues fester is because of our do nothing congress. This is what so many people have wanted for so long, but because they can't see past their partisan tendencies they are going to let the momentum just slip through their fingers.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

all he has to do is allow the exception for asylum seekers so they are not charged with crime

they aren't charged with a crime if they go to a legal border crossing and apply... you dont get to wade across the Rio and yell "i'm seeking asylum"... that's not how it works.

why don't you go try crossing the border at a non-designated checkpoint and see how well that works for you.

its illegal for citizens and non-citizens alike

you should keep up

the ports are closed for entry to asylum seekers
edit on 20-6-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I predict the 20 day thing gets changed to "indefinitely pending a court hearing".

💥

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

I find seperation to be reprehensible but that doesn't change the law nor does it change the fact I want POTUS to follow and enforce our laws 100% of the time. The law is clearly broken and does not represent the will of the people. But the answer is not to ignore the law like previous administrations bit to change it.

As much as I've said Potus doesn't have the authority to create an EO that goes against the Supreme Court.

I hope he actually does sign an EO. This would but the Supreme Court in a mess it probably didn't anticipate when they defined the law.

our constitution states that immigration is a state function and naturalization is a federal function

do you still want to follow the law cause if so then you mean follow the constitution

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Good point.

The Wall does not prevent or hinder legal immigration.

People need to think about that.

😎

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: underwerks
I’m glad that for once Trump is trying to fix the mess he made. It only took most of the country being ready to disown him.

When you see the suburban mom vote start to slip, changes have to be made. I don’t care what party you run under.

it wasn't Trump's mess. he inherited the mess... passed down a few presidency before him.

this still isn't a solution to immigration.

this country isn't what it was 200 years ago, people cant just keep flooding in.
the land of immigrants was a beacon when immigration was imperative to the progress of this massive country. now there needs to be immigration laws fitting for the era we are in today.

but votes are votes, and crucial elections are coming up, Trump is just conforming to what a group of people at some round table beckoning him to do, in the name of the almighty 'seats and leverage'

There is no “solution” to illegal immigration.

Never has been, never will be. Until America comes to its senses and stops supporting things that turn south of the border into a place people want to escape from.

The only thing we can do is have a compassionate policy towards the people that do come here illegally.

The whole “he’s just following the law” thing is BS. There is no law on the books which requires families of illegal immigrants to be split up. That’s a policy interpretation that’s all Trump. Or Stephen Miller. Whichever floats your boat.

That he would try to push the blame on others for what is happening with immigrant families is a clear indication of what the real purpose for all this is. Basically a pathetic attempt to blackmail others into paying for his wall. Which has severely backfired.

Ask yourself this: Why is Trump so ready to backtrack and now sign an EO against a policy interpretation that is his own?

edit on 20-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The Supreme Court ruled on this issue. Your point is invalid based on the Supreme Courts rulling.

If the states don't agree they need to challenge the Supreme Court not the POTUS.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Sad that this seems to be what finally spurred action.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Trump did not make this policy to separate children from parents. It was a law before he was president.
The previous administrations were refusing to follow the law.
You don't get to just ignore a bad law if you don't like it. If the people want it changed, Congress needs to fix it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So, the Democrats WANT Trump to rule by executive action? Like a dictator? Without creating or abiding by laws? Is that REEAAAALY what the Democrats want? Or do they want him to do this so they can say "see, he rules like a dictator. He has no respect for the laws of our country....vote democrat!"?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Sad that this seems to be what finally spurred action.

It's sad that the only way we can get a law changed to represent the will of the people is to elect a POTUS that actually obeys and enforces the laws.

I'm sure that was your point.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join