It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why we have fake news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ggggruuuuuglluule

Welcome to the the swamp. Once 9/11 hit, so did the integrity of the media. Going through media studies at uni I did not understand what was meant by losing a job if you touch the conspiracy stuff. Most here get it now.

The IT evolution is changing the media landscape, I with the rest of us just want the facts.That is why I still stand by my call to put me and Dick Cheyenne in a concrete room. He was in charge of the pentagon that day, first of the chopping block if decency of law does exist.

Sure the middle east is still in the dark ages with some laws, but if we cannot be honest about why we kill we hit a moral black hole.

This set off the fake news hype. Only one way to end it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Pretty much this
Since the big 9/11 lie was pulled on us
Sine the inside job that everyone can now clearly see as the truth
Since we went full evil on the world
All “they” can do is try try and try again with their fake ass propaganda
That no one is buying
Didn’t they pass a law a few years back making propaganda legal to print as “news”?

The internet is our best friend and we should do everything In our power to protect it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yes. Since 9/11 the media can legally lies to us, no repercussions if it is within state Ines. The police can legally lie to you as well, has been like that for a while when dealing with deception.

The Internet is a new communication tool, still some jungle rules going on which have worked for the last few 100 million years or so on Earth.

Looking past the usual BS has got us here.
edit on 20-6-2018 by kwakakev because: the police sentence.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Who are they?

Until today there is no proof that 9/11 was an inside job. Thats a fact. Your president is a jerk. Thats a fact too. Is FOX News a ken-and-barbie-zombie-channel? Yes! Did Armstrong walked on the moon? Yes, because, its a fact. Do we manipulate each other? Yes! Do we lie? Every day. Is CNN a propaganda-network? Regularly, they are factbased and accurate. But sometimes, they try to manipulate their viewers. But they would call it 'war against the bad'.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Freedom of speech has always allowed it. Tabloids have been around forever.

I think the big change was multiple 24/7 news outlets. Prior to 9/11 they would run infomercials at night. They also had a more bland format. Ironically they are honest about one of the big shifts.... The ticker at the bottom.

They hot wired everyone's short attention span and exploited emotions with sensationalized stories, often times rumors from anonymous sources. Back in the day reputable news outlets would surely use anonymous sources, but they would verify the story through other channels.

Not anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

do your home work or join the rest of the minions . Most of what we see and hear on the net is gray. Occasionally there is something that is black or white. hang onto it too find the next branch.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This is homo sapian. The next generation / evolution is usually a bit smarter / faster.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So why does Trump not expose the 9/11 truth???

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Trump did expose it on day one

Along with Rudy Giuliani he was blind sided that day. He along with Rudy did hold the party line to stay alive since then. The buck now stops with Trump.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So can anyone put up a reasonable argument against my fake news premise?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Jesus. So now the entire media was in on 9/11.

We have fake news because the internet is full of fake news sites and people are too lazy or stupid to understand that a story from Alex Jones, or DeepBlueState.com (no idea if that exists, but you get the idea) is effing fake. Then we have the crowd who thinks that any story they don't like, coming out of ABC Nightly News (for example) must be fake.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
One factor not mentioned yet is people taking seriously (and posting) stories appearing on satire sites.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Most of this is not black and white. Deception has been pat of the jungle for million of years, rumors, scape goats and general misinformation either intentional or unintentional is a part of our communication dynamic. Too many wars and conflicts from the wrong message or understanding of it.

As for watching the 9/11 day, so many dead and a big WTF the more I learn. With JFK going the way it did, fake news held the line. Since 9/11 the integrity of the media just went further down.

Sure killing happens and we would not have the diet we do without it. But who can we trust when it comes to killing other cultures when they cannot publicly say why?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

ha ha. Mad magazine ain't too far of the mark.

Maybe the onion these days...

edit on 20-6-2018 by kwakakev because: last sentence

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It makes a profit is the only way that is important.

If it didn't make a profit it would not exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

In reality television was made just for doing what it does today,social programming since the day I was born,propaganda ,social issues,racist depictions,then turn it around,to some the local news is like their bible,why people act so ignorant,when you hear the truth,msm makes it sound comical,with no regard

new topics

top topics

join