It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Fonda Calls for People to Target the Children of ICE agents

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Families were held together unless it was deemed the parent was unfit.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MetalThunder

No. It hasn't. Stop repeating fake news just because Trump said it.

From the Snopes source I JUST posted:

There is no federal law mandating children and parents be separated at the border; a policy resulting in that outcome was enacted in May 2018.

Krazysh0t - You are one of my favorite posters even when I disagree with you. You have always shown diligence in supporting your opinions.

But I'm going to have to believe the DHS on this one over Snopes. And I would suggest you read this before you continue to say what did and did not happen. And what is and is not the law.

The DHS release has made it absolutely clear that they are not only following the law, the Supreme Court and other lower courts have dictated how they must handle the children in every situation.

If you want it to change it has to be congress. POTUS cannot issue a EO that goes against a Supreme Court decision.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.dhs.gov...

edit on 20-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hey, I don't know if you know this, but the United States is the first safe country a person in South America CAN get to. These people cannot just hop a boat to France or England you know.

I thought Mexico is safe. At least that’s what their president says.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

What I think is immaterial.

What actually happened in the vast majority of cases, is that the kids were not taken away from their parents in the first place, and the misdemeanour offence was deferred until a court date, meaning that the family could find somewhere to be, together. Now, sure, that created problems, namely that people were not showing up for court dates. But... and heres the rub, that is for the US to fix. Understand, its the US governments job to know where these people are at any given second of the day, not those peoples job to tell them.

In cases where the parent was actually arrested in a "you are going to, and staying in jail" situation, what was SUPPOSED to happen, is that the children were supposed to be placed with a relative in the US, a sponsor, a shelter, or a foster home. The fact that did not always shake out is a matter of infrastructure failures which would have cost billions (that the Republicans would never have permitted to be spent) to go into safeguarding and ensuring quality of care.

It was NOT in the least common, for children to be caged in great numbers, for extended periods of time, without any form of human comfort being offered, or access to psychological assistance, or a damned phone call for that matter.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ms. L v. ICE. I've mentioned it a number of times in a number of threads. I even have a thread on it now.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Cartel thugs and their modern, Southward smuggled weapons, mostly supplied by the very government which complains about immigration from Mexico I might add, would say otherwise, and in a discussion between a man using words, and a man laying down 900 rounds a minute into a shanty town, riddling dozens of homes with bullets in one short burst, I would suggest that it is the truth of the bullet that takes precedence here.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

No hard feelings. Just using my past work experiences to prove a point of Emotion vs Logic when things are presented. Been a machinist that made prototypes and production parts as well. Some of which may still be in space. I know some parts of the moon buggy were made there and they are still on the moon, but that was before my time. Was a traveling network technician that flew all over the country as well. Security guard that rewrote hospital emergency policies. And yep, even been a dishwasher too.

In any case, not the job that makes the man. And I can be a genius or a goober as well as anything in between for my thoughts. But preconceived notions based on income source...confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

LOL BS.. What actually happened was the same law that is being enforced right now. The ones passed by dems..

That picture of the kids in cages that started this whole thing was on Obama watch or did you just forget about that?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

better than wanting to shoot and kill migrants and their kids at the border
... right?
edit on 20-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well its time they freaking rise up and pick themselves up, instead of flee, then isnt it? The poverty theyll find themselves in here aint exactly heaven either, the more of them that flow in at unsustainable rates makes it worse, and the "liberal" posture on this keeps the pipeline wide open so the cartels can keep up their destructive BS.

Yep. If Schumer and the Dems in Congress would get on board, we could make an honest effort at shutting down the “pipeline” and start hitting the cartels where it hurts. Unfortunately this doesn’t, and likely never will, fit the Democratic Party narrative.

link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: GuidedKill

No hard feelings. Just using my past work experiences to prove a point of Emotion vs Logic when things are presented. Been a machinist that made prototypes and production parts as well. Some of which may still be in space. I know some parts of the moon buggy were made there and they are still on the moon, but that was before my time. Was a traveling network technician that flew all over the country as well. Security guard that rewrote hospital emergency policies. And yep, even been a dishwasher too.

In any case, not the job that makes the man. And I can be a genius or a goober as well as anything in between for my thoughts. But preconceived notions based on income source...confirmation bias.

well take any one of the other jobs you listed there and insert them into my post...Cause fact is I don't care if you're a neurosurgeon. Your opinion is still #. Just like mine and everyone else's. Oh and especially Peter Fonda's!!!! What a tool that guy is.

edit on 20-6-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The immigration reform of 1996 does not stipulate that families be separated. The Flores Settlement does not stipulate that families be separated. What has changed is the new zero tolerance policy tested last year and enacted in April of this year. Illegal immigrants, even asylum seekers, are being treated as felons. And in this country felons are separated from their children.
edit on 6/20/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm not sure what's worse, the asinine reaction by Hollywood idiots or that these Hollywood idiots keep showing they haven't had a clue how things work for up until a few months ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Don't get me wrong, the way the Obama administration treated unaccompanied minors was bad. But that's what they were, unaccompanied minors. Under Trump accompanied minors are being turned in to unaccompanied minors and being subjected to similar, if not worse, conditions.

link   
Right now, leftists are a far graver threat to each American than Kim Jong Un.

link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Lab4Us

Because separating families and then refusing to do a DNA test to prove parentage until you're sued is WAY better.

In my world, the temporary separating of families to verify identities is WAY better than letting kids get sold into sex slavery...or worse. Would think these legitimate “parents” would arrive with their children’s birth certificates?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am just going to leave this here..

www.zerohedge.com...

Cabrera countered, “Even if you’re a U.S. citizen, it’s illegal.”
Baldwin then asked specifically about delays for asylum seekers.
Cabrera said bluntly, “We’ve had this situation going on for four years now. I don’t think you can necessarily blame it on one administration or another. It started under one and is continuing under another. It hasn’t been fixed and it needs to be fixed.”
He continued, “Right now we have this beacon of, ‘We’ll leave the light on for you and let you come illegally into the country.’ If you’ve seen some of the stuff we’ve seen, you’d understand how important it is to have a tough stance to divert people from coming here.”
Cabrera then bluntly told Baldwin some of the horrors he has seen.
“When you see a 12-year-old girl with a plan B pill, her parents put her on birth control because they know getting violated is part of the journey, that’s a terrible way to live. When you see a 4-year-old girl traveling alone with just her parents phone number written across her shirt.
We had a 9-year-old boy have heat stroke in front of us and die with no family around. That’s because we’re allowing people to take advantage of this system.”

link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

The immigration reform of 1996 does not stipulate that families be separated. The Flores Settlement does not stipulate that families be separated. What has changed is the new zero tolerance policy tested last year and enacted in April of this year. Illegal immigrants, even asylum seekers, are being treated as felons. And in this country felons are separated from their children.

www.dhs.gov...

Read and get educated

link   

Families were held together unless it was deemed the parent was unfit.

This is how much the dems care about the brown kids.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join