It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Fonda Calls for People to Target the Children of ICE agents

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Oh look at y'all finally getting outraged at the idea of (white only, albeit) children being detained! It's a good start, you're now on your way to growing your very own heart ❤!

Im sorry, I wasnt aware that ICE agents were only white? I know most of my friends in the border patrol are actually of mexican background and black.

Are you intentionally trolling or are you just racist?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

No. It hasn't. Stop repeating fake news just because Trump said it.

From the Snopes source I JUST posted:

There is no federal law mandating children and parents be separated at the border; a policy resulting in that outcome was enacted in May 2018.

edit on 20-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

I guess Peter's Pando corporation/tax shelter(?) isn't making any money and he's trying to seem relevant by getting some airplay. I might have to send him another Fax and ask him if he's lost his ef'ing mind.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/20.2018 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton
If you keep repeating the lie, maybe someone will believe it.

I know right? The cult of Trump epitomizes this concept very thoroughly. Trump lies and you guys just keep repeating it like fact.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA
This detention strategy on illegal aliens has been going on since 2014 under the previous administration to stop adults bringing kids into this country and being sold into sex trafficking or prostitution.

This is 100% fake news

Snopes is full of it.

www.dailywire.com... 16-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

This is a lie.

More specifically, it’s several lies.

1. Trump Created Separation Of Children From Illegal Immigrant Parents. This is plainly false. In 1997, the federal government made an agreement in a case called Flores not to keep unaccompanied illegal immigrant children in custody beyond 20 days. The settlement said nothing about accompanied illegal immigrant children – children who crossed the border with their parents. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals then ruled that accompanied children also could not be held in custody under the terms of the settlement. This meant that the government either had to release whole families, or that the government had to separate parents from children.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That literally says nothing to back up your claim that this has been ongoing since prior to May 2018, or did this little detail escape your attention?

This meant that the government either had to release whole families,

It's extremely sad that Trump enacts a VERY unethical policy, y'all clearly are aware of the ethics problems surrounding it, and instead of calling him out on it you blame Democrats instead.
edit on 20-6-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UnBreakable

Except that doesn't really apply in this case. We have families arriving at ports of entry seeking asylum and they're being separated and detained.

Wrong if they were asking for asylum at actual ports of entry they would not be separated, they didnt cross at ports of entry

stop spreading lies and educate yourself beyond spoon fed media

But hey its nice to know you favor harassing law abiding citizens and their children, at least we know who you are now

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

There is no federal law mandating children and parents be separated at the border; a policy resulting in that outcome was enacted in May 2018.

Its been proven that snopes article is false, repeatedly and its sad that is the ONLY thing you guys have, while everything else proves different.

Should be a wake up call

People have even cited the law, with the date it was enacted

Get a grip
edit on 20-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

a reply to: UnBreakable

Except that doesn't really apply in this case. We have families arriving at ports of entry seeking asylum and they're being separated and detained.

Wrong if they were asking for asylum at actual ports of entry they would not be separated, they didnt cross at ports of entry

stop spreading lies and educate yourself beyond spoon fed media

But hey its nice to know you favor harassing law abiding citizens and their children, at least we know who you are now

What’s Really Happening When Asylum-Seeking Families Are Separated?

AC: So the idea of zero tolerance under the stated policy is that we don’t care why you’re afraid. We don’t care if it’s religion, political, gangs, anything. For all asylum seekers, you are going to be put in jail, in a detention center, and you’re going to have your children taken away from you. That’s the policy. They’re not 100 percent able to implement that because of a lot of reasons, including just having enough judges on the border. And bed space. There’s a big logistical problem because this is a new policy. So the way they get to that policy of taking the kids away and keeping the adults in detention centers and the kids in a different federal facility is based on the legal rationale that we’re going to convict you, and since we’re going to convict you, you’re going to be in the custody of the U.S. Marshals, and when that happens, we’re taking your kid away. So they’re not able to convict everybody of illegal entry right now just because there aren’t enough judges on the border right now to hear the number of cases that come over, and then they say if you have religious persecution or political persecution or persecution on something that our asylum definition recognizes, you can fight that case behind bars at an immigration detention center. And those cases take two, three, four, five, six months. And what happens to your child isn’t really our concern. That is, you have made the choice to bring your child over illegally. And this is what’s going to happen.

link   

The immigration reform of 1996 does not stipulate that families be separated. What led to this change was the zero tolerance policy enacted on April 6. This led to most adults entering the country illegally (although it is also occurring with people legally seeking asylum) to be imprisoned.

In the past when families were detained, they were detained together unless the parents were deemed unfit. The current issue stems directly from the policy change in April.

link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

.also that whack-a-doodle does not speak for me or anyone that I know that is “left”.

We know that, but unfortunately your party has been hijacked by illogical hypocritical nutty people.

Then they have been given the loudest microphone to represent the left by the DNC, MSM, and the extreme individual lefty that justify everything the left does.

Having said that: The right also has their nuts, but they are somewhat more controlled and not given as much of a leach to wonder and bark in public.

edit on 02630America/ChicagoWed, 20 Jun 2018 10:02:15 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: DBCowboy
the left had momentum and was doing all right but they lost the argument now.

They have run off the rails.

Nothing about their arguments regarding this issue is all right

they have been off the rails since the moment this story seemed to appear, as if by magic, out of nowhere, on every network. They have made (news anchors and pundits alike) some of the most hyperbolic statements I have heard in a good while.

They (the left) weren't in the right, but they did have momentum. They were achieving their goals.

But they have shot themselves in the foot.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Its been proven that snopes article is false, repeatedly and its sad that is the ONLY thing you guys have, while everything else proves different.

Lol. No it hasn't.

Should be a wake up call

People have even cited the law, with the date it was enacted

Which law is that?

Get a grip

Oh sorry. I have this thing called compassion where I actually care about people other than myself. I understand that may be a foreign concept to you, but I'm not going to "get a grip" just because you don't care about these people.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

As I've brought up in a few threads, check the ongoing Ms L v. ICE case. The plaintiff was separated from her six year old child despite seeking asylum at a port of entry.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The immigration reform of 1996 does not stipulate that families be separated. What led to this change was the zero tolerance policy enacted on April 6. This led to most adults entering the country illegally (although it is also occurring with people legally seeking asylum) to be imprisoned.

In the past when families were detained, they were detained together unless the parents were deemed unfit. The current issue stems directly from the policy change in April.

See. Nuance like this is lost on them. Trump said otherwise so OBVIOUSLY he isn't at fault for this problem and its the Democrats forcing his hand.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Linky

2005: Catch-and-release is an unwise policy & we'll end it "This practice of catch and release has been the government's policy for decades," said Bush. "It is an unwise policy and we're going to end it." In the 3rd year following 9/11, 160,000 border crashers from nations all over the world were turned loose into our society and only 1 in 5 turned up in court. Bush conceded that our government and laws have been frozen in a pre-9/11 world: "Under current law, the federal government is required to release people caught crossing our border illegally if their home countries do not take them back in a set period of time. Those we were forced to release have included murderers, rapists, child molesters, and other violent criminals." "This undermines our border security" and the work "these good folks" of the Border Patrol are doing, added the president. Source: State of Emergency, by Pat Buchanan, p. 14-5 , Oct 2, 2007

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I don't see anywhere in that where Bush was advocating separating children from their families.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

only other option per the law is to release them into the general population ..... duh lol

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I say let them try it, it's happened before and they are in for a big surprise, turns out LEO protect themselves very well....

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

He wants to surround the schools in protest. How... radical.(?)

Burn the witch!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join