It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#UseYourKidAsAnHumanShield

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yesterday on NPR radio they said that word got around down across Latin America that people that brought their kids along with them were getting catched & released, and it caused a quote "explosion" of immigrants showing up with kids in hand because of it.

I just checked their site and couldnt find the story, but I did find this juicy bit on the front page:

So then I tried a bit of GoogleFu to find the story they were referencing, but not much better luck. I did find this bit over at ThinkProgess talking about "Trump's" "brutal policy":

https://thinkprogress.org/u-s-asylum-process-trump-family-separation-5936518793de-955bd02bef7f-415b925ea4a5-adaa2ae50ae9/

It seems that caption alone tells the story.

Just look at her... holding a human shield.

I'm sure it totally sucks where she lived, and that's on US to remedy, I guess?

I cant help but wonder where the dad is, maybe they held him, or maybe she's a bad ass and marched her way with human shield in hand? Disturbing to say the least. And if dad didn't come along, I guess the "liberals" whom tell them to come here are going to pay for daycare so she can try to find a job?

And that's just it, that whole "Human Caravan" story from a while ago comes to mind. I dont normally get too much into the immigration debate details, so didnt bother burning the names into long term memory, but do recall quite clearly that there were operatives involved from both sides of the border organizing the mobs of migrants to try to ram rod them through. You know what, I think it was BuzzFeed one of the organizers ahem "journalist" outfits embedded in the march I took note of. That was the one where troops were sent to the border to block them.

And by golly well done!

The human shields worked:
Opposing Family Separation, Governors Cancel National Guard Troops On The Border

Of course the crazy thing there is, those troops could have blocked them from crossing in and getting caught up in the system in the first place. Now that's done and who knows how things might happen one case to the next. Especially when the desert cares not how many human shields one holds up as they attempt to cross it. Cant help but wonder how many of these human shields have met the dirt because of the whole affair of that wide open border, and people on this side screaming sanctuary so loud that people down there hear the dinner bell and come running towards their stake in the promised land. But the fault -of all that added upheaval and suffering these kids endure over it- is on everyone that doesnt scream sanctuary with them.

edit on 19-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Kids are being used as political tools.

Again.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Again? Still.

They've always been tools to those with agenda. Whatever the agenda.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's a can of worms that will never be contained. America was too lax for decades and will pay the ultimate price for it.

They live in squalor there and come to the USA to live in squalor here. That's where your tax dollars go, folks.

In my line of work I see it everyday. Do you? No, you don't. You can only see what the media wants you to see.

"Worse than Detroit?" Soon to be 'Worse than the US of A."

It was a good run and all. Also, better start dusting off your high school Spanish textbooks. You're gonna need em, Millennials (they breed faster than you
)

Give it a couple more decades and y'all can come back and cite my post as "you were right.."

edit on 20-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I still don't understand why they can't be "caught and returned" IMMEDIATELY back to the other side of the border.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   
who the hell would try and immigrate and seek asylum and leave their kids behind?

cmon

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: JinMI

Again? Still.

They've always been tools to those with agenda. Whatever the agenda.

Touche'

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I still don't understand why they can't be "caught and returned" IMMEDIATELY back to the other side of the border.

because it's legal to seek asylum. we have laws about that. it's a thing.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

You can not seek asylum legally by wading across the Rio Grande.

Unless the law, remember that, has changed, you must cross over an acknowledged border check point. Not just any ol' place will do.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Oh here we go with this "asylum" nonsense.

Just because your life sucks in your home nation and you decide to try your luck in another doesnt make you an "asylum seeker". It makes you a migrant. And if you try to migrate illegally you're not an "undocumented worker"; you're an illegal immigrant (alien, actually).

Cmon man quit falling for their propaganda schticks.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

we have laws. people can start the process of seeking asylum and that kicks off a legal process.

your personal opinion of whether that's legit doesn't mean dick, in a legal sense.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You can not seek asylum legally by wading across the Rio Grande.

Unless the law, remember that, has changed, you must cross over an acknowledged border check point. Not just any ol' place will do.

and they are trying to do that, at legit points, and being forced to cross illegally, and having their kids taken away.

that is what is happening.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I posted this in another thread but the question is valid here...
Why don't you just kick them out?
Britain deports about 30 thousand a year, they get held in detention, processed, then kicked out if they have no legitimate claim for asylum.
Nobody thinks it's racist or anything, just sensible. I say 'nobody' of course some people probably do, but there is no strong campaign in the UK that is actively seeking to relax our immigration laws.
I wouldn't campaign for it, if you are not fleeing persecution or oppression, and if you've been in another safe country before coming here then you can # off as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Well to the sanctuary screamers if you're life sucks then you're eligible for "asylum". Its the new euphemism for "immigration". Expect untold upheaval and incalculable suffering to erupt across the planet of this euphemism sticks. Especially since millions of "human shields" are out there to be held abreast.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

and being forced to cross illegally,

Explanation? Proof?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Didn't you just say "we have laws"? They are breaking the laws

The situation sucks. This is, however, a problem that Mexico needs to deal with. If they don't want them, then they need to shut down their own southern border...not expect us to deal with it.

The US isn't blameless in this, in no way. If there weren't under the table jobs for illegals all over the place, there wouldn't be this endless stream. That needs to stop, as well.

But closing/controlling the border is a necessary step. So is incarceration of illegals crossing the border. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

This is not a new situation. ...and by the end of the news cycle next week, it'll be on the back page, again. Until it suits someone to bring it back up.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

That's what they should be doing. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

and being forced to cross illegally,

Explanation? Proof?

i don't have a citation that you wouldn't consider hearsay at this point

we all draw the lines where we feel we must. i know where my conscience rests easy, you have to judge for yourself whta you can deal with.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Bloody hell, economic migrants are considered asylum seekers by some in the US now?
Britain is strict as # with UN and EU rules on asylum seeking. If you came from a safe country then the UK kicks you out, and if you just came to get a cash in hand job Britain kicks you out. There was an immigration raid at a carwash here recently, everyone knew, it was only a matter of time, they are in detention now being processed and if any are genuine asylum seekers then they'll get to stay, but my guess is they were all economic migrants and they'll all be kicked out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join