It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz's Flip-Flop on Family Separation Shows Threat to GOP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I broke this new last night a few posts up. He at first credited Ivanka and now saying Melania talked him in to the flip flop. Now we know it was all a lie that he couldn't change the law.

Please correct me if any of these facts are wrong I really don't want to be repeating falsehoods.

The law was on the books but prior presidents chose not to enforce it.

There were family detention centers but they were voted down, this is when Obama started the catch and release program (giving illegals a court date to go over their assylum/immigration status let stay or given a deportation verdict) which was also a disaster because the vast majority of illegals did not show up for the court date.

The picture from 2014 is of unaccompanied minors from the wave of unaccompanied minors that came en masse at that time. Obama nor past administration's did not enforce separating families at the border.

Please fact check my statements, trump just signed an executive order stopping the separations and is trying to take credit (perhaps rightfully so) for changing a 60 year old policy even though no one was cold hearted enough to actually enforce it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

The law has been on the books and has been enforced. You'll find it at 8 USC 1325.

Before Trump, the majority of those illegally crossing the border were removed to immigration detention centers WITH THEIR CHILDREN awaiting review of their case. Trump (Sessions) instructed the relevant authorities to consider EVERY case under the strongest terms of the law (as you know, laws have a range of punishments. This one, a misdemeanor, can be punished with a fine.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Heheh ... Trump just stole Cruz's thunder ... AGAIN.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Really?....Trump caved to GOP politicians hoping to save 18 for the Republicans. Trump just looked weak....

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No....Trump caved to GOP politicians hoping to save 18 for the Republicans. Trump just looked weak....

Good point. He kills their efforts last weekbto fix the problem he caused and then reverses his own policy so he can take credit.

And yet they still line up to smootch his hind end.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No....Trump caved to GOP politicians hoping to save 18 for the Republicans. Trump just looked weak....

Good point. He kills their efforts last weekbto fix the problem he caused and then reverses his own policy so he can take credit.

Maybe...I think the GOP will try to put as much distance between themselves and Trump as possible.

Trump has become a liability for November. The Democrats can't believe their good fortune. They didn't have jacksh!t until Trump handed it to them.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Maybe...I think the GOP will try to put as much distance between themselves and Trump as possible.

Trump has become a liability for November. The Democrats can't believe their good fortune. They didn't have jacksh!t until Trump handed it to them.

I thought that after he crashed the Obamacare repeal. I thought that after he started a trade war.

I don't think they CAN ... I think their metrics show them that Trump, while his stats are in the outhouse, is STILL more popular than they are...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Could be. 5 months is a long time. Depends on who gets the corporate oligarchy money, how effective the campaigns are and if the market tanks. I'll be working for the media pool again for the GOP; They pay very well and a union shop for the TV crew.

Union proud, Union strong. Ironic that the GOP follows union Sag/Aftra and iatse media rules.
edit on 20-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ted Cruz is always in it for the votes and the money. If it won't get him votes or money or power he won't do it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I missed that this was his reasoning.

But it's ted cruz so I am not surprised. If you looked up the definition of politician in the dictionary it just shows his name.

I don't think the right will be to terribly sad if he is voted out in november.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Ted Cruz is always in it for the votes and the money. If it won't get him votes or money or power he won't do it.

really?

How did this gain him either?

Looks like to me the cult of Trump turned against him for even trying to do anything to remedy the situation.

Then JUST AS I SAID YESTERDAY, Trump adopted Cruz legislation , claiming it as his own, and Cruz hasnt said a word.

That tells me Cruz has integrity, because really he could fire back at Trump for once again stealing one of his ideas and trying to make it his own.

You apparently have not done any of your research on Cruz or his past.

Pathetic, educate yourself, and stop being part of a Tribe, and be for Truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: tinner07

I missed that this was his reasoning.

But it's ted cruz so I am not surprised. If you looked up the definition of politician in the dictionary it just shows his name.

I don't think the right will be to terribly sad if he is voted out in november.

Right , vote out the constitutional lawyer that took on the bushes in an immigration case where the Bush's tried to keep an illegal immigrant killer from facing real justice. Look up the case.

Turn on the guy whose been fighting for constitutional rights and NEVER LOST A CASE in the supreme court.

Lambast someone whose voting history speaks for itself.

No ones perfect, but Cruz is heads and tails above anyone else claiming to be conservative or libertairan, save Rand Paul.

You guys are fkn clueless.

But i would expect that from people that are spoon fed their information instead of actually researching.

Again, stop being pushing Tribe mentality and focus on the Truth mentality

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

On this we can agree on, hes done this repeatedly, adopting both plans from Cruz, and Paul, and claiming they are his own, and Trumps supporters rejoice at Trumps ideas.

Never stopping to actually see they arent his, they are the ideas of people they are bashing.

its Idiocy

Trump derangement syndrome goes both ways, from both his followers and his rabid haters.

In all my 50 + years I have to say, I have never seen such blatant ignorance and stupidity coming from the American public.

In an age where we have all the information that has ever been in our history, literally at our fingertips, yet people CHOOSE to be ignorant

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

It's nice to see a real republican here but the truth is trump stole your party and it's full of trumpsters now.
And the trumpsters are making all the rules.

That's why I said the republicans, which are the trumpsters now, wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Because trump wont. And how trump feels about someone is now how the republican party feels.

If you don't like it fight to get your party back.
And if you do fight I hope that you win.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

really?

How did this gain him either?

Looks like to me the cult of Trump turned against him for even trying to do anything to remedy the situation.

Then JUST AS I SAID YESTERDAY, Trump adopted Cruz legislation , claiming it as his own, and Cruz hasnt said a word.

That tells me Cruz has integrity, because really he could fire back at Trump for once again stealing one of his ideas and trying to make it his own.

You apparently have not done any of your research on Cruz or his past.

Pathetic, educate yourself, and stop being part of a Tribe, and be for Truth.

I'm not part of a tribe. Use your brain and think for yourself and don't be swayed by tV and radio news propaganda.

Cruz sees that he needs to be seen as someone who stands up for families and children. He's getting minimum backlash but gaining support from moderates for the next election. All this is is him keeping his name out there and getting a foothold with moderate voters for the next election. Cruz doesn't have any morals or principles.

Why would you call me Pathetic for rational, independent thinking and analysis? What Tribe am I a part of? Id' like to know. LOL

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Why would you call me Pathetic for rational, independent thinking and analysis? What Tribe am I a part of? Id' like to know. LOL

Because it's easier to call someone names than argue substantively.

You belong to a Tribe, because you didn't agree with the poster.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join