It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz's Flip-Flop on Family Separation Shows Threat to GOP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
I make more $ than all of you.

Watching you puppets bicker about this is entertaining.

Please continue.

Your post alone is probably the most persuasive indication that you don't.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Or maybe he really had a change of heart. It can happen you know.

No no no....he said it was politically damaging. Nothing to do with the kids,

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

so you think that you know more about how the system works, than a man who has spent a life time in a state dealing with the issue, along with being a constitutional lawyer who actually won a case AGAINST George Bush, where he wanted to take it easy on an illegal immigrant who killed people?

Because you found some graphs on google?

Its not about fixing it TOMORROW its about fixing it PERIOD, Long term, yes as soon as we can, but youre making this ridiculous false equivalency that its gonna happen over night.

Next, Obama built family detention centers. The conditions were so deplorable, that approach was consequently abandoned. Even if you built better ones, how long do you think it would take to house tens of thousands of people? Can you build that in a month? Six months? A year?

1st. This isnt Obama doing it, its conservatives
2nd. No one put a timeline on it, but i know from my experience in the military that if the need arises we can put together adequate housing in NO time, enough to house our military in a foreign country, and keep it secure from terrorists and insurgency, you cant tell me we cant do that if we need to.

If the need is there, you rise to meet it.

Meanwhile, all such legislation would do is put MORE children at risk. No one seems to cry for the ones who die in the desert or are exploited by the coyotes. This legislation will grow that problem, not diminish it.

Wrong because youre vetting the people they are with to find out who they are, and they cant just leave. So in essence youre housing them together, under guard, so if its found out they arent who they say they are , its handled.

The *solution* is for democrats to stop playing politics and work on true immigration reform, including securing our boarders. Period.

The solution is to stop spreading propaganda like you just did. It makes you no better than the democrats you are lambasting.

You called out Cruz for being a traitor when hes nothing of the sort, hes trying to find actual solutions to the problem while maintaining our borders and our laws.

You posted a hit piece, exactly like the left has been doing all week about the situation.

Im all about securing our borders, punishing illegals, and deterring further illegal entry, have been my whole life and if you read my post history you will see that.

But what youre doing is not that, what youre doing is cheer-leading.

Stop being part of a Tribe, and start being for truth, or youre no better than those you are railing against

So many of you talk about Trump derangement syndrome from the left, while completely ignoring your own derangement syndrome that LEGITIMATELY criticizes trump for bad policies and offers changes that not only BOLSTER what he has in place, but help the country, simply because it doesnt FULLY fall in line with Trump.

ENOUGH!!! Stop bandwagoning him, cheer him on for the things he does right, back him when hes on point, and criticize and offer solutions when hes off base.

Thats called having PRINCIPLES over PARTY
edit on 20-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

so you think that you know more about how the system works, than a man who has spent a life time in a state dealing with the issue, along with being a constitutional lawyer.

Yes.

1st. This isnt Obama doing it, its conservatives

Meaning what? That conservatives are better at building compassionate detention centers?

lol

2nd. No one but a timeline on it, but i know from my experience in the military that if the need arises we can put together adiquate housing in NO time, enough to house our military in a foreign country.

If the need is there, you rise to meet it.

Funny how that skill never seems to materialize to improve most of our domestic problems. I wonder, as an example, what the people of Puerto Rico think about your assessment. Many of them still don't have power, you know.

Wrong because youre vetting the people they are with to find out who they are, and they cant just leave. So in essence youre housing them together, under guard, so if its found out they arent who they say they are , its handled.

You don't get it do you? If the plan is to provide an expedited process (we know that won't be true) for people 'with children' that keeps you in the country rather than being immediately deported, it's like ringing the dinner bell. More people will come. More children will be exploited. More children will be harmed.

The solution is to stop spreading propaganda like you just did. It makes you no better than the democrats you are lambasting.

Critical thinking is propaganda? The irony, given your post.

You called out Cruz for being a traitor

No. I called him a faker.

I have said as much about him on these boards going back years.

You posted a hit piece, exactly like the left has been doing all week about the situation.

Stop being part of a Tribe, and start being for truth, or youre no better than those you are railing against

lol

From where I stand, my 'tribe' seems pretty small.

lol

Regardless, you're obviously entitled to your opinion- however wrong I think it is.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Yes.

Then that speaks to your ego over truth.

Meaning what? That conservatives are better at building compassionate detention centers? lol

Meaning your comparison is a false equivalency to back up your own bias over actual truth.

Funny how that skill never seems to materialize to improve most of our domestic problems. I wonder, as an example, what the people of Puerto Rico think about your assessment. Many of them still don't have power, you know.

This isnt puerto rico, neither is the situation, so this whole comparison has no validity to the situation.Puerto rico is not state side (as tragic as it is) and its not creating a firestorm.

You don't get it do you? If the plan is to provide an expedited process (we know that won't be true) for people 'with children' that keeps you in the country rather than being immediately deported, it's like ringing the dinner bell. More people will come. More children will be exploited. More children will be harmed.

You dont get it, if there is a process implemented that refuses them entry into the country that turns them lose where they never come back, AND holds them accountable if they arent who they say they are , its still a deterrent for them coming in. This process being proposed doesnt allow them to just disappear, its basically the same thing that Trump is doing now vetting everyone without release, only allowing those who meet certain criteria to stay with the kids.

Did you even READ wtf was proposed in the legislation? Doesnt seem like you did

Critical thinking is propaganda? The irony, given your post.

Considering you just posted a hit piece thread on Cruz because he proposed a possible solution that would facilitate the concerns of both sides, yet doesnt agree with Trump fully, I find this incredibly hypocritical.

No. I called him a faker. I have said as much about him on these boards going back years.

And yet his record speaks for itself and is the complete opposite of your accusations, so apparently you dont research much past what Trumps media has spoon fed you.

Regardless, you're obviously entitled to your opinion- however wrong I think it is.

youre entitled to that, but you arent entitled to your own facts, they dont care what side you stand on.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Please continue.

Why would you say something so stupid? What you just said only shows me that NO you do not and you are young.
On topic...I don’t really care.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ted Cruz lost the primary due to the same ideals
He just trying to ride the ever-changing popular wave.
Miserable failure

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Miserable failure

which ideals were the ones that lost him the primaries? Honestly?

hes always been a strict constitutioalist and his actual history as a constitutional lawyer back that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Trump will roll on this before the end of the week ... claiming that it was his idea to end the separation of families.

Y'all forget about the Sixth Dimensional Parchesi he plays ... sheesh.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Miserable failure

hes always been a strict constitutioalist and his actual history as a constitutional lawyer back that.

Actually , Ted flip-flopped more than a freshly caught bass....

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Miserable failure

Actually , Ted flip-flopped more than a freshly caught bass....

im still waiting for you to answer

on what exactly?

This isnt a flip flop either, this is a solution , again as i said, that facilitates the needs of the country as well as being humanitarian and takes nothing way from either.

Putting principles before party isnt flip flopping. Thats promoting truth over party.

So what did he flip flop on, please site your sources

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Trump will roll on this before the end of the week ... claiming that it was his idea to end the separation of families.

Y'all forget about the Sixth Dimensional Parchesi he plays ... sheesh.

and probably adopting Cruz's plan

Then watch as the base turns over, claiming Trump is a genius and Cruz was his man all along.

Meanwhile this thread will dive into the trash bin and people will forget they called Cruz a traitor and flipflopper.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

He is flip flopping as we speak. He says his daughter told him it's time to end the child separations. I wonder how his base who were so gungho about the children in cages will take this news.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Gryphon66

He is flip flopping as we speak. He says his daughter told him it's time to end the child separations. I wonder how his base who were so gungho about the children in cages will take this news.

None of them were gungho about children in cages, where are you getting this?

Again how has he flip flopped? Please cite your sources where he did this?

Repeating this over and over and over again like its fact is no different than what some accuse the left of doing with no proof....

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

It will be all over the news tomorrow. Ivanka showed him the pictures and told him the child separations have to stop, he agreed.

So you are saying that Trump supporters on here and in general are not pro separating kids and caging them? Are there not multiple posts with dozens of stars of people gleefully defending the policy?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: SailorJerry

It will be all over the news tomorrow. Ivanka showed him the pictures and told him the child separations have to stop, he agreed.

So you are saying that Trump supporters on here and in general are not pro separating kids and caging them? Are there not multiple posts with dozens of stars of people gleefully defending the policy?

Ahh my apologies, i thought your post was eluding to Cruz flip-flopping......i was completely confused......

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

These FAKE Republicans Exposed themselves too . ALL Calling for the President to End Boarder Enforcement .

The Traitors ...........

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS)
Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK)
Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
Sen. John Boozman (R-AR)
Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV)
Sen. Cory Gardner (R-CO)
Sen. James Lankford (R-OK)
Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA)
Sen. Rob Portman (R-OH)

Huh, talk about eating your own here. Some of the most Republican Republicans to have ever Republicaned in recent history apparently aren't real Republicans now.

By the way, since people would rather get the spit ready for a roasting instead of being thorough, it's worth pointing out that Jerry above me went that extra mile to show he's all about effective legislation & not just "ignoring" anything.

Here you go, direct link to his post. No way you can say you didn't read anything about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

America , Love It or Get The Puck Out ! ............Plain and Simple .

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Please continue.

Your post alone is probably the most persuasive indication that you don't.

Trust me, I do. Your even needing to respond in kind lets me know you are broke, and triggered. lol
edit on 20-6-2018 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I don't see how Cruz flip-flopped. He wants the separation issue fixed sure, but he does not say to release the parents. Trump wants the separation issue fixed too - by Congress.

There used to be "family" detention centers in Texas, until they lost their licensing and the courts ruled against the way it was.

The DHS is now following the law. Congress can fix the law. Since Congress is not doing it, Trump is now considering executive action.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Indications are that Trump is going to "sign somthing today" ... speaking of flip, flops and reversals.

Washington Post

As I thought, he's going to "fix" the problem he created and take credit for it.

Prime Trumpism.

<< 1    3 >>

join