It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks closing cafes; CEO calls performance 'not acceptable'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Starbucks is the first thing cut when money starts getting tight... could be a bellweather for the economy? On the other hand, I have Keurig in my office, so I don't really hit up starbucks like I used to.

I got one at home and my company has free coffee and 15 different kinds of fancy teas 24/7.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Nasty coffee and noisy environment and a politician trying to be a businessman has sunk that company. Their business model was to cater to everyone except the working class.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Id say its a problem that starbucks overpriced their market. At first they had a niche and it worked but others have invaded it now. Great example not to far from me was a Starbucks. Been there for years. Everyone stopped off to get coffee used to have huge lines. Then about a year ago Dunkin donuts moved in same area. Now they have huge lines as people get coffee and donuts. Why spend more for starbucks when frankly if you havnt tried Dunkin donuts there coffee's are better.im addicted to their macchiato. If you like starbucks they never have a line in case you cant wait for Dunkin Donuts.
edit on 6/19/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The best coffee in the world, IMO, is Newman's Own Bold, and it is also organic. McDonalds was once selling it for 51.00
There is nothing in Starbucks that even holds a candle to it, so how can they possibly justify a $4-$5 cup of anything they sell?

It is a reckoning day for overpriced coffee. Dunkin Donuts is getting to the same level. A cup of coffee is not worth that price when you can make it yourself for less than $.50 a cup, and have the very best.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I make my own cold brew for a lot less money, they priced themselves out of the market with drastically rising prices over the last few years

both Dunkin and Starbucks, Dunks quality overall has dropped tremendously the last few years, they got rid of half their bagels (the only reason i go to Dunkin is for a bagel AND coffee, not just coffee) and they coffee quality declined

they probably all got priced out of the market by the same inflation that's crushing everyone else

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

It's spelled bellwether. And Indicators.

I'm done now.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

O.o Mic drop

Laugh, please bore me some more

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

O.o Mic drop

Laugh, please bore me some more

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Just like a liberal "better to remain silent and be thought the fool,rather then speak up and remove all doubt",no need to try and destroy a liberal company,they are doing a good job themselves,hope they collapse

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It is hard to perform and make coffee correctly when all you think about is (omg, in one hour it's my turn to clean the syringe filled bathroom)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Just like a liberal "better to remain silent and be thought the fool,rather then speak up and remove all doubt",no need to try and destroy a liberal company,they are doing a good job themselves,hope they collapse

Yup im noticing a pattern forming

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm in the UK but I'll talk Dollars.
I usually go independant and pay $1.65 for a never ending cup but on one occasion I was nearly ejected from a Starbucks. My sons took me in and by happenstance paid for said coffee. At $5.61 for a cup I had to, in a loud voice, say "do I get the cup for that price". The spotty youth serving said " no but you can buy one of our cups". At that point my sons dragged me away from the counter as the spotties were gathering in a gang to confront me. It tasted crap anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Bear market?

Buy Gold.

Hold.

Sell when your gains are over 20%.

I've done this repeatedly. The only thing that varies is how long I have to hold it.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Interaction between customer and employee at 7-11 and Starbucks:

7-11 Employee: How ya doin?
Customer: Good, you?
7-11: Good, thanks. Find everything ok?

Starbucks Employee: Hello, how are you doing today?
Customer: Good, you?
Starbucks Employee: I'm well, thanks. (Starbucks employee gazes proud, challengingly for about three times the accepted eye contact duration with complete stranger, followed by icy silence.)
edit on 6/20/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We had it at work for a while till they noticed people were using the non Starbucks cup to get the crap coffee. $1 instead or $4. A local landscaper named Starbucks got a cease and desist on using the name. Court threw it out seems the family name was more than a bit older and had nothing to do with coffee.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join