It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP plan would cut Medicare, Social Security to balance budget

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know, I know.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The absolute worst, possible things the Republicans could imagine doing short of starting WWIII. I called this months ago when Ryan said he was retiring, they wanted to stop him from advertising this plan and save it for after the midterms. I guess looking on the bright side of enough voters hear about this the GOP purge will be so big they may never recover. I consider this an act of war against the 99% of Americans who aren't millionaires.

House GOP plan would cut Medicare, Social Security to balance budget

www.washingtonpost.com... =.e8ea179777cb

Some very good points have been brought up since you posted this.
Rebuttal?
Or hit and run?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

President Trump vowed not to touch.

It's simple economics. The entire GOP/Trump tax plan is premised on the supply-side gamble that cutting taxes for business will grow the tax base and therefore result in greater tax revenue.

It's impossible to cut tax revenue, throw billions into things like "rebuilding the military" (or that trillion dollar infrastructure plan he promised) and balance the budget without cutting spending equal to the additional expenditures + existing deficit + decreased tax revenue.

It was pretty much a given that the GOP was going to go after social safety net programs. It's what they always do: throw more money at the military industrial complex, cut taxes for the wealthy and then claim that social safety net programs need to be gutted to balance the budget.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Willtell

They, the rich speculators could destroy your 401k anytime they want. Its based on the stock market's health.

Just as the millions of people whose 401 k’s were destroyed in the 2008 Bush depression.

Life is a risk.

*shrugs*

I guess I'll have to take my chances and just rely on myself instead of relying on government.

The American economy is interdependent. You have your 401 k and it’s at the whim of rich people who have not your interest at heart.

In 2008 the middle class was massively stripped of wealth, it can happen again. And your 401k which you think is in your hands can be wiped out in a matter of minutes.

It’s a delusion to think you’re totally independent.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

They, the rich speculators could destroy your 401k anytime they want. Its based on the stock market's health.

Just as the millions of people whose 401 k’s were destroyed in the 2008 Bush depression.

I agree, them guys are jerks, look at how they destroyed Social Security.

Bottom line is that you can't really count on much in this world. The rich will do as they please; whether it helps or hurts the rest of us.
edit on 19-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Sure they were, and IMO they are a detriment more than a boon. Also, they are not the biggest share of welfare we pay out either.

On the SS side, Trump claimed he wouldn't touch it. Guess we'll see.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This will insure the Dembs take back both the house and senate. The geezers only vote in their own best interest and this is a slap in the old folks face. Trump just gave the democrats all they need to take over and they will play this dumbass stunt up bigly.

Watch the GOPers not even bother to run.
edit on 19-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Hang on... how are they going to fund the Space Force? Cut Education? Yes, that would make sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I know, I know.

The irony. It burns.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Life is a risk.

*shrugs*

I guess I'll have to take my chances and just rely on myself instead of relying on government.

The American economy is interdependent. You have your 401 k and it’s at the whim of rich people who have not your interest at heart.

Will, no one has my best interests at heart except me.

In 2008 the middle class was massively stripped of wealth, it can happen again. And your 401k which you think is in your hands can be wiped out in a matter of minutes.

I was alive back then. I remember.

It’s a delusion to think you’re totally independent.

It's also a delusion that I look good wearing heels, but dammit, I rock my world!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump just gave the democrats all they need to take over and they will play this dumbass stunt up bigly.

Did you read the article?

Naaaaa of course not.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

OMG..is Social Security gone!?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I know, I know.

The irony. It burns.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DanDanDat

OMG..is Social Security gone!?

In the same way 2008 401Ks are gone.
edit on 19-6-2018 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Trump just gave the democrats all they need to take over and they will play this dumbass stunt up bigly.

Naaaaa of course not.

I read it but apparently you don't know that politics is a game of perception and the democrats know how to play it and Trump handed their victory in 18 to them on a silver platter.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Naaaaa of course not.

I read it but apparently you don't know that politics is a game of perception and the democrats know how to play it.

Make $hit up and than keep saying it until people believe it?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Based on your response in this thread that is completely wrong, I can only assume you didn't read it.

The democrats know how to play games of perception? Well, they do have the best spin so you may just have a point. Deception comes to mind as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i thought society was past the red line for the environment anyway.

Why should we worry about the future?

If one thinks that cutting government programs is a bad thing

1) does that mean the government can NEVER cut a program that you like?
2) Doesn't that make the point crystal clear, that people need to take care of themselves and not look for the teat of government

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Naaaaa of course not.

I read it but apparently you don't know that politics is a game of perception and the democrats know how to play it.

The democrats know how to play people who only read or watch the MSM, that's all they know.
Thankfully, people are no longer buying it.
edit on 2018-06-19T20:23:30-05:002201819America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Naaaaa of course not.

The democrats know how to play people who only read or watch the MSM, that's all they know.
Thankfully, people are no longer buying it.

Then why are Trumps poll numbers not on the upswing? This internment camps for kids isn't working out well and the republicans are triggered.

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

news.gallup.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join