It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibles 2 - Warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This Looper video is spot-on.

We went to see it this past weekend. I was alert to the issue because I had paid attention to the commercials, so I was prepared to close, cover, avert my eyes. I am one of the classes of people this warning is for. I have photosensitivity that triggers migraines.

The flickering was not at a frequency that tends to trigger after only a short time, so I got away all right this time. Star Wars Ep. I put me in the ER with an intractible migraine, for example (something about the battle between the droids and the gungans). But because I know I am susceptible to the right frequency of flashing, *any* strobing effect becomes very uncomfortable to endure because it's hard to know which one will be the one that triggers.

And the strobing lasts for prolonged periods, not just seconds. So to cover your eyes forces you to miss some sustained sequences.

My husband knows the drill and he will always tell me when it's safe to come out, but he kept apologizing profusely for the length of time I was hiding.

The worst thing about it is that the film is wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed everything but the strobes. The main villain was a bit weak, but everything else was so well-done that that really didn't take much of anything away from it. It was a worthy sequel. So please go and enjoy but be aware that if you are light sensitive, you need to prepared.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thanks for the heads up Ket.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Can't wait to see it. Loved the first one.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

They probably released the warning knowing it will make more people watch it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

It should be watched. It's a good movie. Just be aware if you have issues with flashing lights. Take whatever measures you need to take just to be safe.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
3D films at the cinema used to make my daughter quite ill, she was around 6 at the time, the second time it happened we knew something was up but never really worked out what. She would come good once we left after about 15mins.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I like this movie. I don't think it is better than the first one but sequels usually aren't. Definitely worth it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I thoroughly enjoyed everything but the strobes.

A lot of Tv and Movies seem to do this now it hits me hard and I have to cover my eyes.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have watched Incredibles 2 twice already. Awesome movie!

top topics

join