It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** US pulls out of UN Human Rights Council

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Who cares the Saudis run it

Its a joke

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Do you understand how asinine your post sounds? Don't be so narrow minded, you clearly have no idea what I think, about international or domestic immigration policies.

What does international or domestic immigration policies have to do with whom the president chooses to sell military weapons to?

What does the US pulling out of the UNHRC have to do with who the president chooses to sell military weapons to?

See how off topic you've gone, just to avoid discussing the UNHRC record on Israeli hate and their latest tirade about how Trumps border policy is evil.

You'd rather pick up where unenlightened left off - Trump selling weapons to S.A therefore sublimecraft is a hypocrite.

Yawn.

link   
I will be the first to say that this is yet another demonstration that Mr. Trump is an agent if not The Agent of deep cultural forces that will destroy and renew the world we have all known.

link   

Do not confuse my hating on libs as automatically supporting Trump - that's why you lost the last election and why you'll lose the next one, and the next one after that - simply because something exists in your mind, does not mean it exists in reality.

I didn't lose anything. Take your own advice: "simply because something exists in your mind, does not mean it exists in reality." I didn't support anyone during the presidential race but you sure do love to trudge out that tired old argument any chance you can, I'm pretty sure that means you love using straw men.

Are you saying that I cannot chastise Trump over his weaponizing of Saudi Arabia because I agree with his decision to pull out of the UN.

I haven't seen you do it. You'd think with how lowly you think of Saudi Arabia you'd bring up Trump's weapons deal with them every now and then, especially when you're defending a decision by Trump with Saudi Arabia's human rights record being one of your main defenses for that decision, as we have in this thread. But nope, only praise for Trump left and right.

Do you understand how asinine your post sounds? Don't be so narrow minded, you clearly have no idea what I think, about international or domestic immigration policies.

Nearly every one of your posts for the past 2 years has been asinine and/or ignorant save for a few. You accuse me of not knowing how you think yet you always like to bring up how I "lost" the election as if I had a horse in the race. I'm pretty sure you're a huge hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What does Saudi Arabia's heading of the U.N. human rights division have to do with Trump pulling out of the U.N.? Obviously Trump doesn't care about Saudi Arabia's human rights record seeing as he sold them weapons so what was your point with that? I don't think you had much of a point at all and were just shooting from the hip to defend Trump without realizing the deals he has already made with known terrorists.

Trump makes deals with terrorists? Your response: "Yawn". Typical.
edit on 6/19/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Honestly, though I understand the accusations of bias of the UN Human Rights Council, I can't see anything positive coming about by this.

A voice on the council that may once have countered the bias, is now silenced.

... and there are human rights issues happening in the US, and perpetrated by the government, right now.

The current administration is making a habit of backing out where it should be standing up.

Just not good... for anyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Totally subjective is more accurate.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Honestly, though I understand the accusations of bias of the UN Human Rights Council, I can't see anything positive coming about by this.

I can, lets see how the remaining council members address human rights moving forward and whether they will continue to be a closet hate group against Israel or whether, without US input, they will solve all of the worlds inequality problems now that evil Trump and the USA is out of the equation.

It will be epic keystone cops all over again.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What does the US pulling out of the UNHRC have to do with who the president chooses to sell military weapons to?

Human rights and potential violations....and hypocrisy.

Again, what does that have to do with immigration policy? Not sure why you think answering a question with a question is somehow logical.

I did not see the person in question mention immigration and such, so I was asking what one had to do with the other.

See how off topic you've gone, just to avoid discussing the UNHRC record on Israeli hate and their latest tirade about how Trumps border policy is evil.

I've avoided no such discussion. Your accusation is unfounded.

You'd rather pick up where unenlightened left off - Trump selling weapons to S.A therefore sublimecraft is a hypocrite. Yawn.

I said no such thing. I asked a question.

We cannot have a discussion on the issue if you are unable to stick to the specifics of what was said or asked.

edit on 19-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

They kept "Carl's Powder Blue Helmet Emporium" in business for decades!

I hear they owe ol Carl millions due to lack of payment.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: chr0naut

I can, lets see how the remaining council members address human rights moving forward and whether they will continue to be a closet hate group against Israel or whether, without US input, they will solve all of the worlds inequality problems now that evil Trump and the USA is out of the equation.

It will be epic keystone cops all over again.

I do not believe it is the mandate of the UNHRC to work on issues of inequality.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What does Saudi Arabia's heading of the U.N. human rights division have to do with Trump pulling out of the U.N.?

You cant answer that question for yourself ?
I would truly have been immersed deeply in self-shame to have posted that one question.
I may have taken a sabbatical from ATS

Read up on past countries anointed by the UN to head up their so-called "Human Rights Council" .

edit on 6/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

link   
We can't help anybody, and for sure if we give huge amounts of money to this organization the money will not be spent to help many people. The money probably does line the pockets of many predominant people who make up propaganda and then try to get countries to spend more to help people who get food and supplies that are overpriced for what is given. Someone seems to always extremely profit from this action, friends of the predominant people who are running the program.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: introvert

It would also be an exercise in hypocrisy for us to be on the counsel when our own commitment to human rights, or the rights of people in general, is up for question under the Trump admin.

LOL - didn't see that coming (I saw that coming)

The Obama administration was worse - kids in cages, suicidal vets on the streets, encouraging illegal entry into the US, hating christians and conservatives and so on and so forth.

What has Trumps administration done that even remotely compares to what #44 did ?

laughable.

Kids in cages - still going on
Suicidal Vets on the streets - still going on.
Mass shooters - Still going on
Illegal Entry in to the US - Along with Drugs, still happening.
Hating Christians and conservatives - Was that bad? If so how is hating Athiests and liberals? Is that fine?

What has Trumps administration done that even remotely compares to what #44 did ?

Yeah sure, like falling out with all your allies and buddying up to North Korea and Russia.

Your country is off the rails and you're cheering them on. LOL.

As for draining the swamp by bringing back Rudy and Bolton, all thats left is to do is to dust off Rumsfeld and it's like a full house of swamp.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Let me guess, it's because Trump doesn't agree with their human rights policies. That sure didn't stop him from selling the biggest terrorist financiers in the world billions of dollars worth of weapons though. That makes him a hypocrite, sorry that you guys refuse to see that.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

What's funny is that he's from Australia! He acts like the biggest Trump bootlicker around yet has absolutely no reason to care as much as he does. LOL!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Gothmog

Let me guess, it's because Trump doesn't agree with their human rights policies. That sure didn't stop him from selling the biggest terrorist financiers in the world billions of dollars worth of weapons though. That makes him a hypocrite, sorry that you guys refuse to see that.

Like I said , read up on the countries that have been nominated...
Become "enlightened"

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Taggart

What's funny is that he's from Australia! He acts like the biggest Trump bootlicker around yet has absolutely no reason to care as much as he does. LOL!

Try and remain on topic.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Oh, sorry, I forget we're not in the mudpit (as if that matters anymore).

Ok, the topic is that Trump pulled out of the U.N. because he disagrees with their humans rights policies.

I wonder where this newfound conscience of his was when he was inking that weapons deal with Saudi Arabia, known terrorist backers and financiers? It almost seems like virtue signaling by the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join