It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** US pulls out of UN Human Rights Council

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Their attention to human rights is why there are so many Weinsteins, rapes, pedophiles, illegals, political crooks, etc.. Humans have to right to do whatever they want, according to Dims, apparently.

I could have sworn it was Red Territory here that wanted less government nannying and more freedom to do whatever.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I made the topic and I decide what its about - its not off topic, its right on point.

But it had nothing to do with my post. You are using it as a deflection and are now making excuses on why and how you can deflect.

That's...dishonest.

Obama was a disgusting POTUS whose legacy will be the commencement of the deconstruction of the US's sovereignty because he is an open border advocate. His policies of encouraging catch and release inlieu of adhering to the US immigration policy has led to the current turmoil at the border where in the latest chapter, the UN has weighed in and attempted to blame Trump for policies set up by Obama.

Ok. Cool. I'm glad Trump left the UN so that we can feel better about our own hypocrisies. For example, Trump leaving the UN because of his own political bias, and claiming he is leaving because of political bias.

NB: I only quoted part of your post because that's all I want to address.

I can understand why. Your appeal to vets and suicide was quite out-of-line and I'm not sure how you would honestly respond to the last part about the comparisons between administrations, when that was not an aspect I even mentioned.

It is a perfect definition of a straw man.
edit on 19-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I saw her speech on the matter, and she really lit them up.

I am not the most ardent Israel supporter, but her point is strong and fair: quit wasting time harassing Israel for human rights violations while letting nations like Yemen and Iran get away with far worse. It has every appearance of being a "lets harass Israel" commission.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I saw her speech on the matter, and she really lit them up.

I am not the most ardent Israel supporter, but her point is strong and fair: quit wasting time harassing Israel for human rights violations while letting nations like Yemen and Iran get away with far worse. It has every appearance of being a "lets harass Israel" commission.

I think that is a good point. We overlook the misdeeds of some and focus on those of others, and we all get in to our little camps to defend those we politically agree with.

Such as what Trump did in this case.

The hypocrisy abounds.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We should pull out of the UN and kick them out of New York.

YES for the win!!!!!!!!!

Move it to someplace that doesn't like anybody. Well worse than NY anyway

edit on 19-6-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think the biggest thing with the OP is his refusal to admit that Trump gave a "nest of religious extremism and terrorism" billions of dollars in military grade weapons.

Let's criticize Saudi Arabia but completely ignore those criticisms when our idol makes weapons deals with them. They shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the U.N. because of their numerous human rights violations but they sure can have our weapons at the tune of billions of dollars! That's not hypocritical at all.

I don't expect my original post to be addressed by the OP because it really nails his hypocrisy to the board for anyone to see.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

the head of the UN human rights council - Saudi Arabia

Leaving is extreme but I'm fine with it.

That quote above is why at the very least we should have been protesting who the head was.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Haley is exactly right.

I remember when the UN Human Rights Council tried to push what was essentially a blasphemy law, sponsored (of course) by the Organization of the Islamic Conference.

I like how Pakistan, Venezuela, and Saudi Arabia get to wag their fingers at mean ol' America.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I agree but I think we should keep our trade deals with everyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is why I agree with this decision. If Trump's admin is going to cry about political biases and hypocrisy, at least they had the balls to leave the counsel.

Because they are also guilty of "politicizing and scapegoating countries" for their own ends.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I agree but I think we should keep our trade deals with everyone.

I would like to see equal trade deals.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Not the U.N. obviously, if so we may not have such a large number of children detained at our border.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nobody ever mentions India!!!

I have to deal with it on a daily basis along with Turkey

Not nice places

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have a question about the UN in general and the Human Rights Council in particular.
Can someone here name one damn thing the UN has ever done that was above board and for the good of any Nation ?
I have seen lots of proven corruption within this group and zilch good.

I have seen some very ignorant posts on why the UN was formed.
The UN only had one purpose .
Is there anyone here that can actually state why the UN was formed ?
Hint - The UN sprang from the League of Nations with the same purpose.
Over the years , the UN has taken it upon itself to stick its nose in where it does not belong . Nothing but an attempt to increase power over all sovereign nations.
I say TO HADES with the UN as it is now. Tear it down , and rebuild it as its original blueprints were laid out.

edit on 6/19/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think the biggest thing with the OP is his refusal to admit that Trump gave a "nest of religious extremism and terrorism" billions of dollars in military grade weapons.

Let's criticize Saudi Arabia but completely ignore those criticisms when our idol makes weapons deals with them. They shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the U.N. because of their numerous human rights violations but they sure can have our weapons at the tune of billions of dollars! That's not hypocritical at all.

I don't expect my original post to be addressed by the OP because it really nails his hypocrisy to the board for anyone to see.

BS, no it doesn't 'nail my hypocrisy'. #in LOL.

Do not confuse my hating on libs as automatically supporting Trump - that's why you lost the last election and why you'll lose the next one, and the next one after that - simply because something exists in your mind, does not mean it exists in reality.

Are you saying that I cannot chastise Trump over his weaponizing of Saudi Arabia because I agree with his decision to pull out of the UN.

Do you understand how asinine your post sounds? Don't be so narrow minded, you clearly have no idea what I think, about international or domestic immigration policies.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I have a question about the UN in general and the Human Rights Council in particular.
Can someone here name one damn thing the UN has ever done that was above board and for the good of any Nation ?
I have seen lots of proven corruption within this group and zilch good.

I have seen some very ignorant posts on why the UN was formed.
The UN only had one purpose .
Is there anyone here that can actually state why the UN was formed ?
Hint - The UN sprang from the League of Nations with the same purpose.
Over the years , the UN has taken it upon itself to stick its nose in where it does not belong . Nothing but an attempt to increase power over all sovereign nations.
I say TO HADES with the UN as it is now. Tear it down , and rebuild it as its original blueprints were laid out.

They kept "Carl's Powder Blue Helmet Emporium" in business for decades!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I am unconcerned with any of that.

My statements relate solely to the speech Haley gave at the UN related to this.

Trumps interactions with Saudi Arabia are something none of us really approves of, but it seems readily obvious why the US continues its support of their tyrannical regime.

I would rather us leverage a position of ally to nudge them into modern times. I'd also like to see us do that with other allies in the general region.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Do you understand how asinine your post sounds? Don't be so narrow minded, you clearly have no idea what I think, about international or domestic immigration policies.

What does international or domestic immigration policies have to do with whom the president chooses to sell military weapons to?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I am unconcerned with any of that.

My statements relate solely to the speech Haley gave at the UN related to this.

Trumps interactions with Saudi Arabia are something none of us really approves of, but it seems readily obvious why the US continues its support of their tyrannical regime.

I would rather us leverage a position of ally to nudge them into modern times. I'd also like to see us do that with other allies in the general region.

I find the matters of hypocrisy and the inconsistent arguments people make to be fascinating.

You are not concerned with such things. Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yemen? You mean the country experiencing the worst humanitarian crisis in the world with millions of people experiencing hunger and starvation at the hands of SA, Yemen?

Just wanted to make sure I heard you right

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join