It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** US pulls out of UN Human Rights Council

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The Hill

Trump administration officials on Tuesday said the U.S. has pulled out of the United Nations Human Rights Council.

U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley announced the withdrawal alongside Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, following multiple news reports that the move was imminent.

Haley blasted the council as a "cesspool of political bias" and accused the body of "politicizing and scapegoating countries with positive human rights records."

The withdrawal, which comes as the 47-member body begins a three-week session in Geneva, had been expected as a result of the Trump administration's frequent criticism of the group's treatment of Israel.

Haley repeatedly voted against U.N. measures that were critical of Israel, and she has rebuked the council for what she called a “chronic anti-Israel bias.”

and also.......

The withdrawal comes as the Trump administration faces scrutiny over its “zero tolerance” policy on illegal immigration that's resulted in migrant families being separated at the U.S-Mexico border.

The U.N. Human Rights Council called for an end to the policy, prompting Haley to criticize the international body.

"Once again, the United Nations shows its hypocrisy by calling out the United States while it ignores the reprehensible human rights records of several members of its own Human Rights Council," she said.

The UN hates the US Constitution. The UN charter on human rights is diametrically opposed to the Constitution. They want a borderless planet where, surprise surprise, they want to be the rulers over everyone.

It always amazed me that Saudi Arabia, the land of desert Islam and the nest of religious extremism, religious intolerance, public beheadings and zero womans rights was granted a position a few years ago as the head of the UN human rights council - Saudi Arabia!!!!!, arguably the most unevolved extremist society on the planet.

Now, it appears that the UNHRC is but a reflective snapshot of 'hypocrisy' - a ragtag bunch of yesterdays whose official title somehow lends credence to their cause even though they have no desire to address human rights where actual deaths and chaos exist - no desire to even acknowledge its existence in those countries.

and now they have the brainwashed audacity to blame Trump for Obamas child cages, Bush's ineptness and Clintons signing into law in 1996 that illegal immigrants attempting to penetrate the border will be treated as criminals.

Let the screeching commence.............

ETA:
Columbia Bugle - twitter
edit on 19/6/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

+51 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We should pull out of the UN and kick them out of New York.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We should pull out of the UN and kick them out of New York.

Sometimes I think you read my mine.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Probably another one of those organizations that milk's American taxpayers.

MAGA!

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is a deeply disturbing move on the part of the administration.

Our country is in serious, serious danger.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

To be honest, I would have personally liked to have seen the US kicked out for the following;

Trump administration's frequent criticism of the group's treatment of Israel

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

#MAGA #WINNING

Agree with DB, kick the UN out!

Take a look at the countries on their Human Rights Council. Swear you are reading an article from the Onion when you see the countries on it.

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah, who cares about human rights anyway. Totally overrated.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Lol…

U.S was out (from HR) in G.W Bush era too and 3 years later got back in Mr. Obama presidency, it is nothing surprising. Right now U.S/israHELL and Saudis enjoy 3 some and share the bed together, let us see how this unfolding.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have no problem with this. While I would hope the US could be a part of such a counsel, working on issue like human rights, etc, we are one of those nations that contribute to the political biases within the counsel and it appears that is one of our reasons for leaving...Israel.

It would also be an exercise in hypocrisy for us to be on the counsel when our own commitment to human rights, or the rights of people in general, is up for question under the Trump admin.

So I give credit to the Trump admin. At least they are going to remove themselves from the equation before their own biases and hypocrisies are highlighted.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The United Nations - Affirmative Action for the real up-and-coming evil sociopaths.
Now THERE'S the textbook example of "Perfect Uselessness".

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

What!? Why? I find it ironic and hypocritical we leave because of Israel and just now. SA running human rights anything is like having the fox be foreman of an industrial poultry house. Israel isn’t one to talk either. They’re both shoddy stewards of world peace. No wonder we back them both in the states. One very publicly apparently

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Certainly not the hypocrites at the U.N. Their hypocrisy isn't even debatable although some might try to laughably and just as hypocritically excuse it.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Probably not the best example to use, sweety.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This just proves how evil Trump is! Why can't we be more like Saudi a good founding member of the UN Human Rights Council...geez

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The UN is part of the swamp, stop the money flow and see the rats jump ship....

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is good news! Rejoice!

It would only have been better if it were a complete pull-out! The UN, imo, is a farce and a big Swampy Slush Fund in itself.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It would also be an exercise in hypocrisy for us to be on the counsel when our own commitment to human rights, or the rights of people in general, is up for question under the Trump admin.

LOL - didn't see that coming (I saw that coming)

The Obama administration was worse - kids in cages, suicidal vets on the streets, encouraging illegal entry into the US, hating christians and conservatives and so on and so forth.

What has Trumps administration done that even remotely compares to what #44 did ?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So I give credit to the Trump admin. At least they are going to remove themselves from the equation before their own biases and hypocrisies are highlighted.

Nah, that's b.s. We are, so far, however, hypocrites as far as the rights abuses that happen when we disguise imperialism as democracy and pursue regime change. All these problems predate Trump though. If you don't want to be honest here please at least be honest when you look in the mirror.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

It always amazed me that Saudi Arabia, the land of desert Islam and the nest of religious extremism, religious intolerance, public beheadings and zero womans rights was granted a position a few years ago as the head of the UN human rights council

This was the first thing that came to mind when I read the title of your thread.

The US will not change its foreign policy or humanitarian ways whether it is in this "council" or not. And yet so many on here will be triggered and freak out about this. Looking forward to following the comments in this thread. Thanks for sharing Sub

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join