It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How do you prove and differentiate between asylum seekers and illegals?

You don't. A judge does.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Asylum seeking families have traditionally been allowed to stay together until adjudication. If they fail to qualify, they're deported, together.

Citation, source?

Do you really need a citation, seeing how Trump and Session's "no tolerance" policy is brand NEW, and shocking the hell out of the world?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yup enforcing the laws is a shocker ain't it

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You don't. A judge does.

So we put the children in jail with the parents until we determine which?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Asylum seeking families have traditionally been allowed to stay together until adjudication. If they fail to qualify, they're deported, together.

Citation, source?

Do you really need a citation, seeing how Trump and Session's "no tolerance" policy is brand NEW, and shocking the hell out of the world?

Yeah, show me proof. And it's only shocking the open border anti-American, anti-freedom loons.

edit on 19-6-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You don't. A judge does.

So we put the children in jail with the parents until we determine which?

and then when the molestation and child rape happens because the people with the children arent actually their parents, people will flip out then too.

Ive come to see its just a no win situation with leftists, they dont have any real solutions and they dont actually look at the facts or real life issues with this whole thing.

Its just knee jerk reaction, faux outrage, and fistwaving manipulated like zombies by the media.

They dont really have solutions, they just want to virtue signal

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I dont think anyone likes it. Problem is the ways the laws are set up there really is no other option.

Lets say we dont prosecute people for illegally crossing the border. Under US law that means they cant be deported meaning zero border security. Now if you believe there are people that should not be allowed to enter the country the only way under the law to remove them is place them in custody and start removal proceedings. You cant let them go and expect them to return on their court date,lets face it they wont return.

So that means they have to be held until their court date. Now do you want to lock children up with the parents while they await trial? I personally dont want to see minors in jail while their parents are waiting for there day in court. Imagine the horrors there. Be similar if a parent gets charged with a crime in the US we send their kids to jail with them.

So heres the problem and if you look at it logically the solution is always going to hurt someone. Lets say we just turned away all border crossers without a day in court. The families would be intact but they have no chance to make an argument if why they should be allowed to stay. So this argument is simple either you believe everyone that crosses the border should be allowed to stay. Or you believe that the government needs to secure the border and not allow every immigrant in to the county.

So which is it for you? No borders or restricted immigration?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Stop being ignorant--it's only legal to enter an established port of entry when seeking asylum.

That isn't true. Asylum seekers who enter through non-entry points are required to turn themselves into border agents ASAP.

Also, immigrants who have been arrested in ICE raids can also claim asylum, as long as they haven't been here for more that 1 year.

Then maybe I should have expanded my comment (although I shouldn't have to)--of course ANYONE can claim asylum, my point was that, if you don't want things to go south for you real quickly and be treated like illegally entered immigrants (which they still are if they don't go to an official port of entry).

From what I can see, many if not all of these people around whom this "crisis" revolves have not entered an official port of entry, therefore the default position is that they have entered the country illegally until they can have their request for asylum (which can be denied for many reasons) decided upon.

Even if an immigrant seeking asylum goes to a port of entry, even then they are most likely going to wind up in a detention facility awaiting decision on their request, and if they have children--especially children for whom they have no legal documentation--it is likely that the children will be separated for the duration (barring a few examples of being able to have a "parole" request approved).

So, while I didn't spit out every detail of my point, I guess that I should have.

Yes, people CAN request asylum in different situations, but that doesn't mean that they won't be treated like a criminal first and an asylum seeker second.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You're mad because you're human and it's hard to watch things like this happen.

And it's very good to hear that even some of the far, far right people on here have dozens of friends on social media who are standing up for the rights of humans -- it tells me things are not too late.

And those making fun of this situation, without naming any names, are going to look the worst after all this is done. It shows a complete lack of empathy.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

I dont think anyone likes it. Problem is the ways the laws are set up there really is no other option.

Lets say we dont prosecute people for illegally crossing the border. Under US law that means they cant be deported meaning zero border security. Now if you believe there are people that should not be allowed to enter the country the only way under the law to remove them is place them in custody and start removal proceedings. You cant let them go and expect them to return on their court date,lets face it they wont return.

So that means they have to be held until their court date. Now do you want to lock children up with the parents while they await trial? I personally dont want to see minors in jail while their parents are waiting for there day in court. Imagine the horrors there. Be similar if a parent gets charged with a crime in the US we send their kids to jail with them.

So heres the problem and if you look at it logically the solution is always going to hurt someone. Lets say we just turned away all border crossers without a day in court. The families would be intact but they have no chance to make an argument if why they should be allowed to stay. So this argument is simple either you believe everyone that crosses the border should be allowed to stay. Or you believe that the government needs to secure the border and not allow every immigrant in to the county.

So which is it for you? No borders or restricted immigration?

Just want to make sure you read ALL of the OP. I think it is pretty clear where I stand. Unless they have a legitimate claim of asylum, they should be returned across the border. Based on data given for the first infraction, repeat infractions should be dealt with more severely.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

And it's very good to hear that even some of the far, far right people on here have dozens of friends on social media who are standing up for the rights of humans -- it tells me things are not too late.

And those making fun of this situation, without naming any names, are going to look the worst after all this is done. It shows a complete lack of empathy.

Another one who didn't read the whole OP.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

To the last word. There's humanity in there, isn't there? That's the part I replied to.
edit on 19-6-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Don't believe any of it. They would use children to further their politics long before they care about actual children.

Note how those who are to blame are the ones maintaining the sovereignty of their country, and those who are caring for the children while their parents are punished for breaking federal laws. Meanwhile the people who risked the lives of their own children, who put them in this situation, are to face zero repercussions for doing so.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

A lot of talk considering where "Great" Britain is at currently.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

To the last word. There's humanity in there, isn't there? That's the part I replied to.

Sure, I have empathy. Just a lot less when someone puts themselves and their children in a situation like this. The ball falls directly in the court of the offender. It's simple. Don't want your children taken from you, even for a limited time to figure things out, then don't commit the crime.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Don't believe any of it. They would use children to further their politics long before they care about actual children.

Note how those who are to blame are the ones maintaining the sovereignty of their country, and those who are caring for the children while their parents are punished for breaking federal laws. Meanwhile the people who risked the lives of their own children, who put them in this situation, are to face zero repercussions for doing so.

Could not agree more.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'll never tire of coming to ATS to find all the folks that gleefully endorse sequestering/imprisoning/harming children.

Its like a hyperbolic parody of evil.

If a law says 'zero tolerance, children must be imprisoned', is it better to follow the law, or follow your conscious?

Do any of y'all think GOD will reward you for following one over the other?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Nope, the crime doesn't require mandatory sentencing ... that's the policy of the Trump Administration.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Sure, I have empathy. Just a lot less when someone puts themselves and their children in a situation like this. The ball falls directly in the court of the offender. It's simple. Don't want your children taken from you, even for a limited time to figure things out, then don't commit the crime.

Still good to hear that these are fringe views, as they are, on a fringe website. The majority of the country is in uproar, along with the world.

Check out some of the world news from non-USA, non-MSM agencies... and what we're being compared to. It's shameful.

International News - Neutral Bias

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

How many innocent immigrants actually seeking asylum for valid reasons do you think are an acceptable sacrifice in America's new stance on immigration/deportation (with the understanding that by denying them they we are sending them back to their deaths)? Is it worthwhile that we send 10 innocent immigrants back to hellhole's so that we catch the 1 who's trying to sneak into the USA for some nefarious purpose?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join