It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
the detention centers are for profit..

no wonder deportations are down under this administration.. good god.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Cool comic, even if its false.

Evil. Nothing else. Deny it all you want.

What's evil is pretending it's for the children when all you want is open borders and the destruction of the United States.

LOL. This is the Republican talking point and a lie. Not one Democrat on the Hill is advocating for open borders. Open borders for immigration is not a Democratic platform and it never was.

Lie.

You can call it whatever you want, but when you endorse free access across the borders without threat or punishment, you are de facto endorsing open borders.

who and how many "endorse free access across the borders"....

Anyone that doesn't think illegal aliens should be punished.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Crossing the border to seek asylum isn't illegal. Once it is established that the detainee is eligible to apply for asylum, charges of illegal entry, in the past, were dropped and people waited in freedom with their families for their application to be processed.

edit on 19-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   

Its almost like the catch and release policy encouraged more people to try and come over illegally.

link   

how do you feel about punishing those that hire them?

if you don't think they should be punished as well why?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But thats just the thing.

While these things are going on, why is it that the American people are so entitled, that they believe they ought not have to bare any responsibility for the actions of those they elect? If these things are going to continue as they always have, why do American citizens believe that they have the right to permit these things to carry on, and at the same time refuse sanctuary to the victims of their apathy?

What kind of entitled, weak, mindless individual does a person have to be, to accept the things that they cannot change, while damned well insisting that they do nothing when offered the chance to do something positive in response to it? Its like inverted Desiderata. To accept this bi-polar attitude to what is going on between the US government and the South American drugs cartels, requires a singular lack of humanity, empathy, any laudable or noble virtue in the slightest.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Not very many of the illegal immigrants from the south border qualify for asylum.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What kind of entitled, weak, mindless individual does a person have to be, to accept the things that they cannot change, while damned well insisting that they do nothing when offered the chance to do something positive in response to it?

Many of us are oppose to war and foreign projection and vote accordingly.

Unfortunately our voices are drowned out by the "two party system".

All of our countries have been guilty of sin, that does not make us guilty though.

I don't blame you personally for the mess in the Middle East that Britain helped propagate by drawing spite lines after they relinquished territory.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Right. Like the girl who was kidnapped by the cartel, forced into prostitution and cooking, laundery and cleaning for them, didn't qualify, because, the DOJ deemed that by cooking and and household chores equal :giving aid to gangs".

Seems legit!

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Crossing the border to seek asylum isn't illegal.

Lie. Illegally crossing the border to seek asylum is illegal.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Its almost like the catch and release policy encouraged more people to try and come over illegally.

That's all it did.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

how do you feel about punishing those that hire them?

Fine anyone who hires illegals one million dollars per illegal.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That is exactly what that is. Foreign nationals actually voting in our election, not just putting unflattering memes on fb like the Russians allegedly did. Like I always say, the dems cry the loudest about the stuff they are the most guilty of.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

so, I take it no..

even though it's a crime. cool.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

But until your government has changed its policies internal and external, what right has anyone in the States to complain, that the results of their failure to elect people who will make changes, are that people arrive at the border with nothing but the clothes on their back, seeking shelter in the only place that is remotely safe in the entire half of the planet they live on?

As for the mess in the Middle East, you may not blame me personally, and you shouldn't. But the reason you shouldn't is that unlike some of my countrymen, I welcome refugees and immigrants from the lands effected by my nations wrongdoing over the years. I make them feel at home, I make it easier for them to feel a sense of peace and community, a sense of belonging... This is made no easier for new arrivals, or for people like me, who actually accept and welcome new arrivals to our nation, by scum who feel they are entitled to live without migration, regardless of what they allow to be done in their name.

And for those who believe it is impossible for the people to prevent their government from doing ill in their name, I say, this. Do not speak such utter folly. If every person who felt that the government was wrong to do a thing, refused to go back to work, refused to contribute to the system, refused to do anything other than camp out on the Capitol steps, or the surroundings of the White House, if MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of you, went to Washington and refused to leave until things were done correctly and in accordance with your morality, the government would not have enough bullets, men or machines to oppose you.

Similarly, my countrymen often moan about people coming from abroad and living here, but they refuse to inconvenience themselves to ensure that our government is not free to displace whomsoever they see fit in a given theatre of war, they refuse to march for any reason, leave alone camp out in their millions and refuse to move until the government falls under the direct control of the people, not their ignorant, savage representatives.

Until our nations populations are prepared to stand up for what they believe in, and put themselves at some risk to get it, why the devil do they believe they are entitled to a life without immigrants in it?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

so, I take it no..

even though it's a crime. cool.

Actually my answer was a "yes" but I thought that was obvious.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Until our nations populations are prepared to stand up for what they believe in, and put themselves at some risk to get it, why the devil do they believe they are entitled to a life without immigrants in it?

I'm pro immigration, I support them by giving them business at their establishments. The best food in my city is thanks to immigrants.

Nothing wrong with asking people to go through the process though as my ancestors have.

As for everything else you said, you have some points... But I have freedom of speech and I use that for my political voice. And I'm sorry bud, but I cant just stop working or go to Washington for untold amounts of time.... I have a job and I need it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
op, this should really make you sick -

LINK

link   

Wrong. Crossing the border to ask for asylum isn't illegal.

The USA adheres to The 1951 Refugee Convention Protocols, which promised that asylum seekers who enter the US between entry ports won't be charged with criminal entrance.

Article 31: Refugees unlawfully in the country of refuge
1. The contracting states shall not impose penalties, on account of their illegal entry or presence, on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of article on, enter or are present in their territory without authorization, provided they present themselves without delay to the authorities and show good cause for their illegal entry or presence.
www.theguardian.com...

link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Thank you for posting this. It will get lost in the shuffle, but I will repost as is necessary.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join