It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The TDS is real...

This TDS malarkey is jokeshop. A lame attempt to pathologise that which they don't understand. The only good thing about it is that use of such terms is such a generous act of self-definition. Makes it easier for the rest of us.
Just sayin. eh?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
their parents put them in harms way by bringing the children on a criminal endeavor.
if they stayed in mexico, i very much doubt they would be in a 'cage' now.

Considering the cartels are patrolling entry points from south of the border, looking for prey to kidnap for ransom or kidnap for slavery, I'd say you're doubt is unrealistic.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I don't know how I missed this so can someone boil it down for me? WTF is going on? I'm reading a bunch of stuff and it's not jiving. Just a paragraph as to how this became news should suffice as I've read this is nothing new.

This explains it pretty well. A marketing tool for the left going into the mid-terms. Also explains why the Dems will never try to fix immigration policies.

www.nationalreview.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">https...://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/immigration-debate-family-separation-media-coverage-misleading/

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Open borders for anyone who will vote democrat. I doubt the dems would be all that excited if a few million republicans swarmed the border demanding asylum.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Because we all know that won't happen.

It's already happening!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: DBCowboy

Open borders for anyone who will vote democrat. I doubt the dems would be all that excited if a few million republicans swarmed the border demanding asylum.

Wouldn't this be democrats colluding with foreign nationals in order to sway an election?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Show you what, the future? It tends to repeat itself, so just look to past.

You could use the same hyperbole to say if Bernie got elected we were going to turn into the USSR... But that would carry the implications that all checks and balances would fail.

You don't have a leg to stand on to say we are going in the direction of nazi Germany and that were right around the corner to genocide.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

hanks to the left, the nuclear family ie "family unit" has been destroyed.

No, it's not. But the alienation of unorthodox families is coming to an end. How does the acceptance of unorthodox families, like single parents, extended families, same sex couples threaten a tight nuclear family? It just doesn't.

edit on 19-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ah, it was Liquesence that said he was a dictator, my mistake.

But it still stands. Show me, by generally accepted definitions (e.g. not your feels), how this admin is "terroristic" and "Reich wing".

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

It's pretty funny to read some of the responses here from people who DIDN'T read the whole OP!!

Great job on the OP, OP! That's awesome! One of the better ones on ATS lately!

Now, I'll just sit back and watch! (oh, and chuckle)

LOL!!!
edit on 6/19/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Because we all know that won't happen.

It's already happening!

No it's not, and adults who think critically don't truly believe that. They say it in exaggeration because they're mad Trump won.

I don't support him persay, but I also don't think he's Hitler. And I think that anyone who truly believes he is either has no grasp on history, are dulisional, or have no problem being disingenuous for political motive.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Don't cross the border illegally and you won't be prosecuted or have your children taken away from you. Quite a simple rule really.

I don't see how people can get outraged over people breaking laws and expect to treat them like they live here as a citizen. The United States is a sovereign nation with BORDERS. End of story.

No compromises and no sympathy.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Not so lame enough for you to utterly ignore though, I see.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Source

drops mic.

link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

That is correct. It was from 2014.

But honestly what difference does that make?

All any of this points up is the fact that the US is patently imcompetent when it comes to managing and maintaining a border. The laws are f'd up, the Border patrol is F'd up and the INS and its court system is F'd up. And the result is a humanitarian crisis.

If the US government cant do any better than this, Id suggest it give up and go away.

link   
It makes me sick Trump hasn't been blamed for the Titanic and Hindenburg disasters...yet.(sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Hehe... Thank you sir or madam. I am basically just doing the same as well, sitting back and watching.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

You don't have a leg to stand on to say we are going in the direction of nazi Germany

Right....

Because there are very fine people on both sides.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Cool comic, even if its false.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Hmmmm, it almost looks like you're saying the Nazi's were better.

That was at the height of their terroristic regime. Give it time, Trump has only been office for around 18 months, and look how far into the Reich wing he's already taken us! Don't underestimate the lengths this administration is willing to go for their agenda.

Oh, please... Trump did more good in his first two weeks in office than Obama did in 8 years.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join