It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

originally posted by: Lab4Us

a reply to: MrRCflying

Besides venting here on ATS about your disapproval, have you done anything about this situation that bothers you so much? Have you written your congressman? Have you volunteered your time to disseminate information about legal immigration policies to potential immigrants? Have you yourself read the immigration policies, reviewed their changes/amendments over the years to find out who exactly is at fault for this or when it all started?

Or are you just upset now because the media has decided it's a good tactical time to put cameras in these facilities and make it newsworthy?

Wait...so if I want to become a citizen of, say Germany, it’s the responsibility of German citizens to train me how to do that? Funny, I would have thought it would be MY responsibility to learn Germany’s laws, perhaps enough of the German language to effectively communicate, and, most importantly, the proper way to LEGALLY become a German citizen. Guess I was mistaken, apparently the legal citizens of any country I choose to immigrate to are responsible for all that. /s

Of course it's the individuals responsibility to learn the laws, customs, courtesies and languages of whatever country they're hoping to immigrate too. I guess you missed the point/sarcasm of my post.

If I missed it, I apologize, but it sure looked like you wrote the OP should volunteer their time to educate potential immigrants.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

That's a normal reaction, when the leader of the free world uses his authority and abuses his power to attack the single most animalistic component of humanity, the family.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Then it should make you very sick to know that 10,000 of the 12 were unaccompanied.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's a normal reaction, when the leader of the free world uses his authority and abuses his power to attack the single most animalistic component of humanity, the family.

I'll expect that same kind of dramaesque outrage the next time abortion comes up. After all how can anyone think it's OK to rip a tiny baby from a mothers womb???

Trump is obeying the law which was written by past administrations and Congress and FORCING Congress to finally do their jobs?

I guess drama is much more fun than actual facts though...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How can he attack that when the left has been actively trying to kill the notion of family.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The democrats made it illegal to hold children more than 20 days in a detention center. Sometimes it takes longer than that to process the adults. So there are only so many choices. One is to continue the obama catch and release program which basically ignores our immigration laws. Another is to send the children to sponsors, usually family members and in some cases the parents, where they are given a court date. Yet another is to keep the children with the parents in detention but if we did that liberal heads would explode. So we send them to sponsor families to await their court date. Its the best option we have and is exactly the same option when obama was in office. The problem is that less than 20% actually show up for the court date. When Immigration officials go looking for them they are nowhere to be found. These, coincidentally, are the 1500 children Trump allegedly "lost". They were not lost. They are fleeing and evading Immigration officers.

This is a nation of laws and boundaries. We have an immigration policy. If you think it takes too long then change it. Until then, that is the law and it is our civic duty to obey that law. Believe it or not, we don't get to pick and choose which laws we will obey whenever we feel like it. If a law needs to change then change it. We have that built right in to our Constitution. One thing thats not in there though is the option to just ignore the laws you disagree with.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I know, I know.... It pulls the strings of our hearts to hear the stories.

That being said we deal with vast numbers and it's getting overwhelming. If you balance out the estimates, we spend about 100 billion a year dealing with it. That could pay for college for all, or start chipping away at our 5+ trillion dollar infrastructure revamp cost.

So they started charging first time offenders of illegal crossing.... Which if I tried to run into Canada with no paper work, I'd at least be detained and maybe charged for knowing that's a crime.

No matter what we do, the world will call us evil while they either have far less illegal immigrants to deal with, or very few because of their location.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

There is nothing more primal that a woman claiming sovereignty over her body, choosing when to and when NOT to start or add to a family. It's also a primal reaction to pick up your children and run from life threatening danger. Even the Nazi's gave Sophie a choice between which of her two children they would take!

edit on 19-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Rich, since you're ignoring evidence to the contrary.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

You clearly do not understand Hispanic culture.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

More like expanding the notion. More like acknowledging extended family and allowing more people to call themselves families.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
it is legal to enter the united states seeking asylum. these families are forced to cross the border illegally, arrested for what amounts to a misdemeanor, have their kids taken under false pretenses and deported without them. no, it has not been like this for the last twenty years. stop drinking the orange piss that trump calls kool-aid and you might not sound so misinformed.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Besides venting here on ATS about your disapproval, have you done anything about this situation that bothers you so much? Have you written your congressman? Have you volunteered your time to disseminate information about legal immigration policies to potential immigrants? Have you yourself read the immigration policies, reviewed their changes/amendments over the years to find out who exactly is at fault for this or when it all started?

Or are you just upset now because the media has decided it's a good tactical time to put cameras in these facilities and make it newsworthy?

Wait...so if I want to become a citizen of, say Germany, it’s the responsibility of German citizens to train me how to do that? Funny, I would have thought it would be MY responsibility to learn Germany’s laws, perhaps enough of the German language to effectively communicate, and, most importantly, the proper way to LEGALLY become a German citizen. Guess I was mistaken, apparently the legal citizens of any country I choose to immigrate to are responsible for all that. /s

Of course it's the individuals responsibility to learn the laws, customs, courtesies and languages of whatever country they're hoping to immigrate too. I guess you missed the point/sarcasm of my post.

If I missed it, I apologize, but it sure looked like you wrote the OP should volunteer their time to educate potential immigrants.

All good. I probably could have worded it better. Really I’m just saying that rather than complain about this stuff, be more proactive and informed on the matter rather than being reactive to a not so suddenly breaking news story that the left is all so suddenly covering.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Side note: the cult 45 members lacking reading comprehension and getting triggered by this post is not surprising. Carry on with your cruelty.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Which flies in the face of subsidizing single black motherhood.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: seeker1963

There is nothing more primal that a woman claiming sovereignty over her body, choosing when to and when NOT to start or add to a family. It's also a primal reaction to pick up your children and run from life threatening danger. Even the Nazi's gave Sophie a choice between which of her two children they would take!

What about the children though????

Face it, you guys and your fake outrage, don't give a damn about children. This is a political opportunity, OR you are just so brain washed to do and act how the MSM demands you to act? Take your pick.

Bravo on throwing in the Nazi term. You get minus points though for leaving out racist.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

it is legal to enter the united states seeking asylum. these families are forced to cross the border illegally

You claim asylum at the border, and if approved you enter. . And the US and UN do not have anything called economic asylum.

Maybe some very few were forced in your words to cross (like kidnapped). But many chose to.

I can't make that choice to go into Canada with no papers... If I get caught running a across their border with no papers the same thing would happen to me, I'd be detained. I don't get any preference for being American.
edit on 19-6-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

If they are "undocumented", how do you know these children belong to the people they show up with?

Some families hand their children over to coyotes alone.

Its been long standing practice to separate a child and a "parent/guardian" until familial ties can be determined.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Given to outrage, there must be a huge line of people who want to sponsor these children. Problem solved.

Or is it just lip service...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't know how I missed this so can someone boil it down for me? WTF is going on? I'm reading a bunch of stuff and it's not jiving. Just a paragraph as to how this became news should suffice as I've read this is nothing new.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join