It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How would you describe living conditions in Ecuador?

I've actually been to Ecuador and Guatemala. Though the people are great, the state, the crime, the government are horrid. Either way, because theyhop the Mexican boarder, Trump's policy of upholding the law is necessary.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MrRCflying

It makes me sick to see children separated from their parents. In all fairness, children should not be separated from their parents, unless they are convicted criminals. This makes the situation much more complicated. For the most part, keep them together, it will make it easier to deport them all at once. It makes me sick to see this is not being done.

You seem to be one sick puppy...lol

Can we determine right at first who are families and who are human trafficking? I think that is a big issue here in we do not know who anyone is. Some guy and a girl come across with 4 girls and say these are our kids and we find out the are not as they get trafficked in the multiple slave/sex trades.

It makes me sick to see people in a temporary detention center. It should be a processing center, in and out. No need to keep them there paying for food, laundry, beds, etc. on the American tax payers dollar. These are criminals by the very fact that they entered the country illegally. Process them, and send them back on their way, back across the border. American citizens should not be paying for days or weeks in these places.

Where do they go with their family...live on the streets? It is a processing center until they say the magic words to activate Asylum process and that takes time. I don't think we can by law send them any place but their home country, so once they are here we can't just kick them back into Mexico.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place as border lawyers look for the cracks in the law and then use them to their advantage.

I'm sick because I don't want to see everyone and his brother who thinks they have it hard, and want to live off my tax dollars? OK, maybe I am then.

Human trafficking is a concern. It should be looked into, yes. We were talking about families. I think it is pretty evident that anyone could tell a family from traffickers. Talk to them, get info. then send them back unless something really pops up.

Where are they to go, live on the streets? Not my problem. They broke the law by crossing illegally. They should have considered that before committing a crime. It is not my responsibility or any US citizens to take care of an unwanted foster family. For that matter, where would they live if they had not been caught? Probably on the streets of the US. Better for them to live on the streets of their own country, than to have to clean up after them here. Maybe you could open up your home for hundreds of Criminal Immigrants.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

How would you describe living conditions in Ecuador?

I've actually been to Ecuador and Guatemala. Though the people are great, the state, the crime, the government are horrid. Either way, because theyhop the Mexican boarder, Trump's policy of upholding the law is necessary.

Right. Living conditions are horrible. Anyone could understand trying to escape them, no?

Trump's policy, sadly, is not merely upholding the law. The law does not require mandatory sentencing or zero tolerance.

Those are Trump policies, through Jeff Sessions.

That's the source of the issue, and the best fix is for Trump to follow the policies followed by Obama and Bush, as we have seen an annual decrase in illegal crossings each year since 2001.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join