It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
a reply to: Gryphon66

Can't fault the guy for being concerned about a potentially rigged system at that time.

So ... the Electoral College was "rigged" when Obama won but a-ok when Trump won?

LOLOL.

Yeah, whatever.

Lol sure, we can play the game where once something is said, that position is set in stone forever.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Then how can they afford to pay the coyotes?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

They were crossing the river without a visa, in a non malicious way, and not with intent to enter illegally, but because they were unable to procure a visa from their home country. If someone's home country won't let them leave, is it still illegal to want to save one's own life and leave, or rather should they stay and die so they don't break any laws?

It is illegal to hop the border through an unofficial point of entry.

Do you believe in equality before the law?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Again, how is that our problem? This is Mexico's problem to address. Maybe a bit of work on the rampant, near out of control, corruption might help?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Me, confused or dishonest? My my, touched a nerve have I?

Oh, by the way... first we have to agree on the definition of open borders. I would say that any democrat that expresses a desire for a situation in which goods and people can enter and leave a country easily, or wishes for unlimited immigration, is for open borders. Now as to who supports it? Anyone that defunded the secure fences act or ignored the Jordan Commission. That would mean Democrats and Republicans equally.

LOL ... and there it is ... when you have nothing logical to back up your statements it's the old "touched a nerve" crap.

We're talking about immigration in this discussion. Wouldn't it make sense that you and your buddy were making your dishonest claim about open borders to immigration?

Besides that ... you're Waffling now? You were so sure that "The Left" all wanted open borders.

At least stand up for what you say.

Where did I make the specific claim of "the left is for open borders"? Genuinely don't remember as the day has run long.

And yeah, I'm going to question whether or not I've touched a nerve, since you keep trying to convince people that have shown you otherwise that this is a Trump policy.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Kharron

a reply to: Kharron

I'm willing to bet most of it is a response to strangers telling other strangers they are racist Nazis that have no compassion without even knowing that person.

Well, I've watched people bet on terrible odds for years, so I wouldn't blame you.

However, it is important to understand that this website is an alt-right echo chamber and that these fringe views are not shared by nine out of ten people in the real world. That's why people come here to get stars and flags they could not get anywhere else. Yet. Luckily.

And yet not so long ago, this website was the Hope and Change platform, where anyone that disagreed with Obama was automatically a racist.

I don't think following the law is a fringe view, nor do I think these people

would agree with you.

Unfortunately thousands and thousands of acres of heartland doesn't count as people.....

Trump lost the popular vote.

And your side lost the election. It's over. Give it another shot in a couple years. (but if you really want to win, I'd find a likable candidate, not the wicked witch of the west)

Yep, there's that great respect for free speech ... "shut up, you guys lost. "

#firstamendment

explain how I tried to silence anyone free speech. That or an apology will be fine.

Already done. I'm sorry you are offended at being called out.

so you have nothing. typical.

LOL .. riiight. Keep saying it til you believe it.

I answered your question to one of your white knights above. You were quite clear that another poster should "get over it" ... because, in your rather simplistic example, your side won and their side lost.

Now, you can spin that all around that you want ...

what are the options? Get over it seems to be the most logical one at this point. I'm as sorry as I can be that the Electoral College exists, and I'm sorry that you and others are unhappy with the results. If it makes you feel better, you can always beat yourselves up with the fact that you won the popular vote and still lost, but that might be a bit self defeating.

My question to you is how is telling someone to get over it, removing their free speech? Unless you can offer a logical response, I'll assume you let emotion rule your post and you just aren't man enough to say it. But you do you, and enjoy it. I'll still love you either way.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

It makes me sick to see children separated from their parents. In all fairness, children should not be separated from their parents, unless they are convicted criminals. This makes the situation much more complicated. For the most part, keep them together, it will make it easier to deport them all at once. It makes me sick to see this is not being done.

You seem to be one sick puppy...lol

Can we determine right at first who are families and who are human trafficking? I think that is a big issue here in we do not know who anyone is. Some guy and a girl come across with 4 girls and say these are our kids and we find out the are not as they get trafficked in the multiple slave/sex trades.

It makes me sick to see people in a temporary detention center. It should be a processing center, in and out. No need to keep them there paying for food, laundry, beds, etc. on the American tax payers dollar. These are criminals by the very fact that they entered the country illegally. Process them, and send them back on their way, back across the border. American citizens should not be paying for days or weeks in these places.

Where do they go with their family...live on the streets? It is a processing center until they say the magic words to activate Asylum process and that takes time. I don't think we can by law send them any place but their home country, so once they are here we can't just kick them back into Mexico.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place as border lawyers look for the cracks in the law and then use them to their advantage.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

... and there's the string of fallacious arguments.

Dude, if you weren't trying to shut up the other poster, I am sorry. It sounded like it to me. My bad.

I'm fine with the Electoral College; it's Mr. Trump that said it was dangerous to democracy in 2012.

Perhaps someday we will come up with a perfect system.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Quibble and waffle on your own.

Best.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yes. It is still illegal.

How is it our problem if they can't get a visa to come here legally? I submit that it isn't.

For me personally, I believe its the duty of human beings to help their fellows. I try and not get caught up on distinctions like race/class/nationality and look at it as if they were a member of my own family when passing judgement on the situation. Ergo, if someone told me my mother (a hypothetical Venezuelan woman) was under threat of death back home from the government or gangs or something, and was unable to obtain a visa for whatever reason, by reaction would be to tell her, 'Tough luck Mom, better finish that will quick'.

I am disheartened that so many of my fellow citizens share your sentiments however.

Listen, believe it or not you arent alone in that sentiment. But many people here are already trying to get by taking care of their own first. Hell, we can't even help the 500,000 homeless (though that's an issue of addiction for some in that stat more than anything), but now some expect us to further help millions.

Maybe Mexico won't help itself until it doesn't have an easy out to the north, I don't know. But short of a military campaign vs the cartels, and rebuilding the infrastructure as an investment, what exactly are we to do?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Best.

So I take it you can't show me where I specifically said the left is for open borders? Now who's waffling...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Again, how is that our problem? This is Mexico's problem to address. Maybe a bit of work on the rampant, near out of control, corruption might help?

The costs for visas are from the American embassy.

I've never said or implied that Mexico doesn't have massive problems. That's one of the reason that people try to escape, even though that number has fallen every year since 2001.

So the new draconian measures from the Trump Adminstration were unneccessary.

You know why they did it as well as I do; he's bargaining with the lives of these kids.

I believe he will bear the burden of that very bad choice, my opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Best.

So I take it you can't show me where I specifically said the left is for open borders? Now who's waffling...

Actually, I'm the one who said that.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

For the record?

The left is for open borders.

And they have stink butt.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No, I think he did it because of the politicized caravan that was marching (see riding busses until photo op time) through Mexico and wanted to park itself at the border.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I knew it was you and I don't necessarily disagree, but I would add that the GOPe is for them as well, if not more so.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If the left is so upset they should take all of the little illegals home with them.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes. It is still illegal.

How is it our problem if they can't get a visa to come here legally? I submit that it isn't.

For me personally, I believe its the duty of human beings to help their fellows. I try and not get caught up on distinctions like race/class/nationality and look at it as if they were a member of my own family when passing judgement on the situation. Ergo, if someone told me my mother (a hypothetical Venezuelan woman) was under threat of death back home from the government or gangs or something, and was unable to obtain a visa for whatever reason, by reaction would be to tell her, 'Tough luck Mom, better finish that will quick'.

I am disheartened that so many of my fellow citizens share your sentiments however.

... what exactly are we to do?

Thanks for the genuine nature of that response, I appreciate you taking the time to share it.

Regarding your query: There's isn't a clear answer, and your conjecture is as valid as mine or anyone else's. My personal opinion is to help them regardless of whatever other domestic difficulties we have. Yes, we've got our own problems back home that are equally as important (as ultimately these immigrants are people exactly the same as you and I), but I'd rather we spent that extra Trillion in military spending helping our homeless and setting up a system that accommodates these immigrants rather than one that tries to staunch the influx of them through punitive and repressive means.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I've never said or implied that Mexico doesn't have massive problems. That's one of the reason that people try to escape, even though that number has fallen every year since 2001.

Most are not Mexican, but from places like Ecuador for instance. They still cross the Mexican border.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Most are not Mexican, but from places like Ecuador for instance. They still cross the Mexican border.

How would you describe living conditions in Ecuador?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who on "the left" is for open borders?

Follow-up: Are you making the spurious claim that it is only leftist butts that stink?!?!?

How dare you sir!

new topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join