It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Wayfarer

I think you're having trouble grasping what I'm asking, so I'll posit it another way:

Lets list the facts:
-Children are being forcibly removed from their parents while their immigration status is determined
-This is occurring whether they walk into the immigration office of their own volition or being brought in by ICE/customs

What you have intimated so far is that there is nothing wrong with separating families (even when they haven't committed a crime), since those that walked in and asked for Asylum probably aren't going to get it anyways, and therefore have entered illegally (by proxy) and deserve to have their children taken from them.

Well yes, if children are being separated from parents, their parents jailed after entering a legal point of entry, that is unjust. Can you show me an example of this?

Here's an article discussing some

“Everybody we’ve talked to who’s been prosecuted or separated has crossed the river without a visa.”

So no, it is untrue that innocents are being prosecuted and separated.

They were crossing the river without a visa, in a non malicious way, and not with intent to enter illegally, but because they were unable to procure a visa from their home country. If someone's home country won't let them leave, is it still illegal to want to save one's own life and leave, or rather should they stay and die so they don't break any laws?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Kharron

a reply to: Kharron

I'm willing to bet most of it is a response to strangers telling other strangers they are racist Nazis that have no compassion without even knowing that person.

Well, I've watched people bet on terrible odds for years, so I wouldn't blame you.

However, it is important to understand that this website is an alt-right echo chamber and that these fringe views are not shared by nine out of ten people in the real world. That's why people come here to get stars and flags they could not get anywhere else. Yet. Luckily.

And yet not so long ago, this website was the Hope and Change platform, where anyone that disagreed with Obama was automatically a racist.

I don't think following the law is a fringe view, nor do I think these people

would agree with you.

Unfortunately thousands and thousands of acres of heartland doesn't count as people.....

Trump lost the popular vote.

And your side lost the election. It's over. Give it another shot in a couple years. (but if you really want to win, I'd find a likable candidate, not the wicked witch of the west)

Yep, there's that great respect for free speech ... "shut up, you guys lost. "

#firstamendment

explain how I tried to silence anyone free speech. That or an apology will be fine.

Already done. I'm sorry you are offended at being called out.

so you have nothing. typical.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Makes me sick that the Mexican government ………..don't do shat about any of it. Why you ask? Because they don't give a fat rats arse about their people on the border.....not at all.

link   

Yes. It is still illegal.

How is it our problem if they can't get a visa to come here legally? I submit that it isn't.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Me, confused or dishonest? My my, touched a nerve have I?

Oh, by the way... first we have to agree on the definition of open borders. I would say that any democrat that expresses a desire for a situation in which goods and people can enter and leave a country easily, or wishes for unlimited immigration, is for open borders. Now as to who supports it? Anyone that defunded the secure fences act or ignored the Jordan Commission. That would mean Democrats and Republicans equally.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The heartland is full of people, but they evidently don't count as people.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

I'm willing to bet most of it is a response to strangers telling other strangers they are racist Nazis that have no compassion without even knowing that person.

Well, I've watched people bet on terrible odds for years, so I wouldn't blame you.

However, it is important to understand that this website is an alt-right echo chamber and that these fringe views are not shared by nine out of ten people in the real world. That's why people come here to get stars and flags they could not get anywhere else. Yet. Luckily.

And yet not so long ago, this website was the Hope and Change platform, where anyone that disagreed with Obama was automatically a racist.

I don't think following the law is a fringe view, nor do I think these people

would agree with you.

Unfortunately thousands and thousands of acres of heartland doesn't count as people.....

Trump lost the popular vote.

And your side lost the election. It's over. Give it another shot in a couple years. (but if you really want to win, I'd find a likable candidate, not the wicked witch of the west)

Yep, there's that great respect for free speech ... "shut up, you guys lost. "

#firstamendment

explain how I tried to silence anyone free speech. That or an apology will be fine.

Already done. I'm sorry you are offended at being called out.

so you have nothing. typical.

LOL .. riiight. Keep saying it til you believe it.

I answered your question to one of your white knights above. You were quite clear that another poster should "get over it" ... because, in your rather simplistic example, your side won and their side lost.

Now, you can spin that all around that you want ...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Can't fault the guy for being concerned about a potentially rigged system at that time.

link   

originally posted by: seagull

How is it our problem if they can't get a visa to come here legally? I submit that it isn't.

For me personally, I believe its the duty of human beings to help their fellows. I try and not get caught up on distinctions like race/class/nationality and look at it as if they were a member of my own family when passing judgement on the situation. Ergo, if someone told me my mother (a hypothetical Venezuelan woman) was under threat of death back home from the government or gangs or something, and was unable to obtain a visa for whatever reason, by reaction would be to tell her, 'Tough luck Mom, better finish that will quick'.

I am disheartened that so many of my fellow citizens share your sentiments however.

link   

Me, confused or dishonest? My my, touched a nerve have I?

Oh, by the way... first we have to agree on the definition of open borders. I would say that any democrat that expresses a desire for a situation in which goods and people can enter and leave a country easily, or wishes for unlimited immigration, is for open borders. Now as to who supports it? Anyone that defunded the secure fences act or ignored the Jordan Commission. That would mean Democrats and Republicans equally.

LOL ... and there it is ... when you have nothing logical to back up your statements it's the old "touched a nerve" crap.

We're talking about immigration in this discussion. Wouldn't it make sense that you and your buddy were making your dishonest claim about open borders to immigration?

Besides that ... you're Waffling now? You were so sure that "The Left" all wanted open borders.

At least stand up for what you say.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Where are you getting that from? The heartland is full of people, just less than those blue areas on your map. I don't know what this is proving to be such a difficult concept for you to grasp....

link   

And that's exactly why the Electoral College exists. Without it, you'd be more than happy to silence the voices and representation of those you disagree with regardless of the merit of their argument.

Huh? You are conflating my argument because as soon as you heard the words 'Popular Vote' your mind snapped shut on that argument (which is in fact not related to my statement at all), so in essence you've only shown fringe through your own misunderstanding. You posted the map to back up your statement that most people agree with following the law, when in fact what your map shows isn't people. My counter was that in fact in direct contravention to your position, and that the majority of people don't in fact agree with you.

You and Kharron need to pay attention to who I'm responding to..

link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Nope, they don't. If they did, they'd be helping them make a better life in Mexico, or where ever they're originally from.

link   

Can't fault the guy for being concerned about a potentially rigged system at that time.

So ... the Electoral College was "rigged" when Obama won but a-ok when Trump won?

LOLOL.

Yeah, whatever.

link   

a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Not so lame enough for you to utterly ignore though, I see.

No, because I felt that the observation needed to be made. I feel the same about people who trot out expressions like 'libtard', 'sheeple', 'troublemaker', 'you people' and so forth. To me, it's code. I thank them for clarifying the situation and go on about my business.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

And that's exactly why the Electoral College exists. Without it, you'd be more than happy to silence the voices and representation of those you disagree with regardless of the merit of their argument.

Huh? You are conflating my argument because as soon as you heard the words 'Popular Vote' your mind snapped shut on that argument (which is in fact not related to my statement at all), so in essence you've only shown fringe through your own misunderstanding. You posted the map to back up your statement that most people agree with following the law, when in fact what your map shows isn't people. My counter was that in fact in direct contravention to your position, and that the majority of people don't in fact agree with you.

You and Kharron need to pay attention to who I'm responding to..

Woa, thats weird (I assume you mean you had responded to Kharron instead of me), my screen shows it as a response to me......

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Where are you getting that from? The heartland is full of people, just less than those blue areas on your map. I don't know what this is proving to be such a difficult concept for you to grasp....

From Here

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I just blame it on ATS spaghetti code.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Is it our problem? Well, maybe.

The cost of a visa into the US is about 3700 pesos.

The daily minimum salary in Mexico is 80 pesos.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Oh, right in the feels...

Now then, there are plenty of Americans, born here, that are in need of help. I submit that they're the ones we should worry about.

How are we supposed to help them anyway? This is Mexico's problem, and they really should, at some point, begin to address it.

Do I like having to turn them away? Nope. But we've, as Americans, have no real need to go looking for problems to solve, we've more than a few of our own that need addressing.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join