It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Kharron

a reply to: Kharron

I'm willing to bet most of it is a response to strangers telling other strangers they are racist Nazis that have no compassion without even knowing that person.

Well, I've watched people bet on terrible odds for years, so I wouldn't blame you.

However, it is important to understand that this website is an alt-right echo chamber and that these fringe views are not shared by nine out of ten people in the real world. That's why people come here to get stars and flags they could not get anywhere else. Yet. Luckily.

And yet not so long ago, this website was the Hope and Change platform, where anyone that disagreed with Obama was automatically a racist.

I don't think following the law is a fringe view, nor do I think these people

would agree with you.

Unfortunately thousands and thousands of acres of heartland doesn't count as people.....

Trump lost the popular vote.

And your side lost the election. It's over. Give it another shot in a couple years. (but if you really want to win, I'd find a likable candidate, not the wicked witch of the west)

Yep, there's that great respect for free speech ... "shut up, you guys lost. "

#sad
#firstamendment
edit on 19-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm willing to bet most of it is a response to strangers telling other strangers they are racist Nazis that have no compassion without even knowing that person.

Well, I've watched people bet on terrible odds for years, so I wouldn't blame you.

However, it is important to understand that this website is an alt-right echo chamber and that these fringe views are not shared by nine out of ten people in the real world. That's why people come here to get stars and flags they could not get anywhere else. Yet. Luckily.

And yet not so long ago, this website was the Hope and Change platform, where anyone that disagreed with Obama was automatically a racist.

would agree with you.

Unfortunately thousands and thousands of acres of heartland doesn't count as people.....

And your side lost the election. It's over. Give it another shot in a couple years. (but if you really want to win, I'd find a likable candidate, not the wicked witch of the west)

#sad
#firstamendment

You are making things up again, he never told the poster to shut up.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

The funny thing is ... they can't think far enough into their own strategy on this ... if the Democrats are for open borders, why did they pass this horrible law that requires kids to be taken away from their parents?

Derp.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste".

So they can claim the GOP did it, and then appear benevolent while grandstanding on the soapbox

... and now you're just spouting silly rhetoric.

No Democrat is for open borders, if you have the names of Democrats who are, provide them.

Trump's Administration is separating kids at the border. That is not a legal requirement of the law.

SO, in actually, the GOP is doing it.

... and if anybody knows about grandstanding, it's Trump.

All day you've seen examples of this predating Trump scroll past your screen. Did you ever stop to ask why now? No probably not.

Db is doing a good enough job for the both of us.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

would agree with you.

This is such a tired quip, I'm rather disappointed in you Network Dude....

I'm not lamenting losing the election, so I give you permission to lower any hackles raised over me proffering the fact that the majority of American's didn't vote for Trump....

I and many others are in fact actively working towards the next election, so in that regard rest assured we are focused on the future, and not changing the 2016 election.

link   
a reply to: Muninn

Oh, so they were actually encouraging another poster to keep talking?

Yeah, that must be what "give it up" means, eh?

Riiight.

link   

See, that attitude right there is fringe, and you don't see it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

How? I'm genuinely confused how anything I said could be construed as 'fringe'.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It didn't predate Trump ... the Trump Administration changed the policies to zero tolerance.

Are you confused or being dishonest (again)?

Oh, and by the way ...

a reply to: Gryphon66

We'll see once that democrat Paul Ryan is gone wont we

Which Democrats support open borders?

Who supports The Wall on it's own merits?

You're making the claims ... just tell us.

link   

Awww, I'm honored. Queue the echo chamber to use the word 'fringe' for the next week.

link   

And that's exactly why the Electoral College exists. Without it, you'd be more than happy to silence the voices and representation of those you disagree with regardless of the merit of their argument.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Please run Pelosi and the fake indian.

No, run Oprah.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I think you're having trouble grasping what I'm asking, so I'll posit it another way:

Lets list the facts:
-Children are being forcibly removed from their parents while their immigration status is determined
-This is occurring whether they walk into the immigration office of their own volition or being brought in by ICE/customs

What you have intimated so far is that there is nothing wrong with separating families (even when they haven't committed a crime), since those that walked in and asked for Asylum probably aren't going to get it anyways, and therefore have entered illegally (by proxy) and deserve to have their children taken from them.

Well yes, if children are being separated from parents, their parents jailed after entering a legal point of entry, that is unjust. Can you show me an example of this?

Here's an article discussing some

“Everybody we’ve talked to who’s been prosecuted or separated has crossed the river without a visa.”

So no, it is untrue that innocents are being prosecuted and separated.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Your hero disagrees with you ...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

would agree with you.

#firstamendment

explain how I tried to silence anyone free speech. That or an apology will be fine.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think you're having trouble grasping what I'm asking, so I'll posit it another way:

Lets list the facts:
-Children are being forcibly removed from their parents while their immigration status is determined
-This is occurring whether they walk into the immigration office of their own volition or being brought in by ICE/customs

What you have intimated so far is that there is nothing wrong with separating families (even when they haven't committed a crime), since those that walked in and asked for Asylum probably aren't going to get it anyways, and therefore have entered illegally (by proxy) and deserve to have their children taken from them.

Well yes, if children are being separated from parents, their parents jailed after entering a legal point of entry, that is unjust. Can you show me an example of this?

“Everybody we’ve talked to who’s been prosecuted or separated has crossed the river without a visa.”

Is it also untrue that the current policy of zero tolerance was put in place by the Trump Adminsitration?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And that's exactly why the Electoral College exists. Without it, you'd be more than happy to silence the voices and representation of those you disagree with regardless of the merit of their argument.

Huh? You are conflating my argument because as soon as you heard the words 'Popular Vote' your mind snapped shut on that argument (which is in fact not related to my statement at all), so in essence you've only shown fringe through your own misunderstanding. You posted the map to back up your statement that most people agree with following the law, when in fact what your map shows isn't people. My counter was that in fact in direct contravention to your position, and that the majority of people don't in fact agree with you.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

would agree with you.

This is such a tired quip, I'm rather disappointed in you Network Dude....

I'm not lamenting losing the election, so I give you permission to lower any hackles raised over me proffering the fact that the majority of American's didn't vote for Trump....

I and many others are in fact actively working towards the next election, so in that regard rest assured we are focused on the future, and not changing the 2016 election.

It's just a bit old to bring up the popular vote for the 2016 election in 2018. If you meant something different than "waaaaa", I apologize.

link   

would agree with you.

#firstamendment

explain how I tried to silence anyone free speech. That or an apology will be fine.

Already done. I'm sorry you are offended at being called out.

link   

Oh, we support the electoral college now? Alright, that's a flip.

Donald J. Trump

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Lets list the facts:

Is it also untrue that the current policy of zero tolerance was put in place by the Trump Adminsitration?

The zero tolerance policy, the odd idea that a country should enforce its laws, was put in place by the administration.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join