It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: MrRCflying

Don't believe any of it. They would use children to further their politics long before they care about actual children.

Note how those who are to blame are the ones maintaining the sovereignty of their country, and those who are caring for the children while their parents are punished for breaking federal laws. Meanwhile the people who risked the lives of their own children, who put them in this situation, are to face zero repercussions for doing so.

How many innocent immigrants actually seeking asylum for valid reasons do you think are an acceptable sacrifice in America's new stance on immigration/deportation (with the understanding that by denying them they we are sending them back to their deaths)? Is it worthwhile that we send 10 innocent immigrants back to hellhole's so that we catch the 1 who's trying to sneak into the USA for some nefarious purpose?

Should Mexico or South American countries remain perpetual hellholes?

Goodness no, but unfortunately many here on ATS (and a little under half the country) doesn't believe its the US's job to fix other places.

I, and many others I'm sure, would support the people rising up against the cartels and corruption.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to a hellfire missile somehow finding its way into the top floor of a cartel mansion. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But what would you think the world's response would be in the US went into Mexico to help? ETA: Hell, what do you think the Left's response would be?
edit on 19-6-2018 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

It really is like DACA all over again. The left sorta petered out on that after the news cycle ran its course.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Don't believe any of it. They would use children to further their politics long before they care about actual children.

Note how those who are to blame are the ones maintaining the sovereignty of their country, and those who are caring for the children while their parents are punished for breaking federal laws. Meanwhile the people who risked the lives of their own children, who put them in this situation, are to face zero repercussions for doing so.

How many innocent immigrants actually seeking asylum for valid reasons do you think are an acceptable sacrifice in America's new stance on immigration/deportation (with the understanding that by denying them they we are sending them back to their deaths)? Is it worthwhile that we send 10 innocent immigrants back to hellhole's so that we catch the 1 who's trying to sneak into the USA for some nefarious purpose?

Goodness no, but unfortunately many here on ATS (and a little under half the country) doesn't believe its the US's job to fix other places.

I, and many others I'm sure, would support the people rising up against the cartels and corruption.

I personally wouldn't be opposed to a hellfire missile somehow finding its way into the top floor of a cartel mansion. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

But what would you think the world's response would be in the US went into Mexico to help?

First, I'm heartened that you have the compassion/desire to help, but I think a lot more could be done to thwart the cartels without a hellfire than with one. What you're referencing is a mindset of making immigrant countries nicer places to live, so people won't want to leave (which is for the most part not a prerogative of this administration), and I actually agree that its the best solution. Do you not feel disenfranchised at least in this specific area that instead the US is withdrawing its support from these nations, effectively doing the opposite of what you've proposed?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

It really is like DACA all over again. The left sorta petered out on that after the news cycle ran its course.

Democrats are making crazy demands again. Shooting themselves in the foot at every turn. They want families reunited, but they also want them to stay here and start using government benefits and voting for Democrats. Dumb x 1000.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Democrats are making crazy demands again. Shooting themselves in the foot at every turn. They want families reunited, but they also want them to stay here and start using government benefits and voting for Democrats. Dumb x 1000.

... and yet, it's not the Democrats who have mandated maximum sentencing ... that would be the Trump Administration.

That is why the parents and children are being separated, pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The left wants to "decriminalize" illegal entry into the country.

They want open borders.

I just wish more would be honest about it instead of hiding behind children.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They want open borders.

Who on "the left" wants this?

I'm probably "on the left" from your perspective, and I don't want any of that.

So ... why don't you be honest about who wants what you're claiming?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm not sure how "Don't separate children from their parents" is a crazy demand............ Perhaps you need to reassess whats actually important...you know, things like love, family, safety, etc.

Secondly, using hyperbole like that really only serves to reinforce your own warped view of the world (and it doesn't look like you need any help in that regard). I want families reunited because its the morally right thing to do. I want immigrants to live here because if they pay taxes they're paying more into the system than they're taking out, so it benefits us all, and I could care less who they vote for (and genuinely hope that the Republicans learn that the better way to adapt to the changing demographic is not to kick out non-white people, but rather to start tailoring some of their policy to better appeal to those demographics).

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

In April, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered prosecutors along the border to "adopt immediately a zero-tolerance policy" for illegal border crossings. That included prosecuting parents traveling with their children as well as people who subsequently attempted to request asylum.

White House officials have repeatedly acknowledged that under that new policy, they separate all families who cross the border. Sessions has described it as deterrence.

The policy is unique to the Trump administration. Previous administrations did not, as a general principle, separate all families crossing the U.S. border illegally. And the current administration could choose to end this practice and release families together from detention at any time.

NPR

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

They want open borders.

So now I have to check with you first since you speak for everyone on the left before making a post.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

They want open borders.

So now I have to check with you first since you speak for everyone on the left before making a post.

Nope, not at all.

But you don't speak for everyone on the left either, do you?

So tell us, who are you talking about? Specifically.

Or, admit you're just posting political nonsense.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They want open borders.

I'm on the left as well and Gryphon's opinions are for the most part mirrored in my own and all my liberal associates and acquaintances as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Kharron

I'm willing to bet most of it is a response to strangers telling other strangers they are racist Nazis that have no compassion without even knowing that person.

Well, I've watched people bet on terrible odds for years, so I wouldn't blame you.

However, it is important to understand that this website is an alt-right echo chamber and that these fringe views are not shared by nine out of ten people in the real world. That's why people come here to get stars and flags they could not get anywhere else. Yet. Luckily.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

They want open borders.

Nope, not at all.

But you don't speak for everyone on the left either, do you?

So tell us, who are you talking about? Specifically.

Or, admit you're just posting political nonsense.

If the left is going to use hyperbole and call everyone who is against open borders "evil" and "Nazi" then I'm just as free to call everyone on the left an open border advocate who hates America.

You make call it "political nonsense" but that's the currency we're dealing in nowadays.

You personally want a strong border and enforcement of laws? Bully for you!

Too many don't.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They want open borders.

I'm on the left as well and Gryphon's opinions are for the most part mirrored in my own and all my liberal associates and acquaintances as well.

So how long have you wanted open borders and have hated America?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The funny thing is ... they can't think far enough into their own strategy on this ... if the Democrats are for open borders, why did they pass this horrible law that requires kids to be taken away from their parents?

Derp.

Of course, the fact is that it is the Trump Administration that is mandating that kids be separated from parents, and no Democrat has ever introduced legislation calling for "open borders."

But, you know, that's facts and stuff ...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

But what would you think the world's response would be in the US went into Mexico to help?

First, I'm heartened that you have the compassion/desire to help, but I think a lot more could be done to thwart the cartels without a hellfire than with one. What you're referencing is a mindset of making immigrant countries nicer places to live, so people won't want to leave (which is for the most part not a prerogative of this administration), and I actually agree that its the best solution. Do you not feel disenfranchised at least in this specific area that instead the US is withdrawing its support from these nations, effectively doing the opposite of what you've proposed?

No. It all has to start from within, when people have no other choice before them. Otherwise the US is just "interfering" again.

(post by Wayfarer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who on "the left" has called for Open Borders, Cowboy?

You made the claim, now back it up.

Or don't ... because it's pretty obvious you weren't telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Open borders? Closed borders?
How about no borders!

No borders no more stupid and probably racist “nationalism”

No more tariffs or trade wars

One world currency

One world

Everyone’s progressive.
Come on people now, smile on your brother, get together, let’s try to love one another right now.

Nope. Sorry. The evil game is not over yet.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join