It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation on the southern border makes me sick.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As the father of 3 boys, and an American citizen, the situation on the southern border makes me sick.

It makes me sick to see children separated from their parents.

It makes me sick to see people in a temporary detention center.

It makes me sick to see how these people are treated.

It makes me sick to hear how others in our country think about these immigrants.

It makes me sick how slow the process is.

It makes me sick to hear from the lawyers trying to help these people.

It makes me sick to see and hear all the stuff on the media.

It makes me sick to hear how these people are portrayed.

More Clarification:

It makes me sick to see children separated from their parents. In all fairness, children should not be separated from their parents, unless they are convicted criminals. This makes the situation much more complicated. For the most part, keep them together, it will make it easier to deport them all at once. It makes me sick to see this is not being done.

It makes me sick to see people in a temporary detention center. It should be a processing center, in and out. No need to keep them there paying for food, laundry, beds, etc. on the American tax payers dollar. These are criminals by the very fact that they entered the country illegally. Process them, and send them back on their way, back across the border. American citizens should not be paying for days or weeks in these places.

It makes me sick to see how these people are treated. The detention centers are a far cry above living in the streets. Criminals, by the very act of crossing the border ILLEGALLY, should not be invited to stay with no charge. Process them, and get them out.

It makes me sick to hear how others in our country think about these immigrants. These people are not your friend. They are here illegally. They want to sponge off our system, get health care, live a good life, at the cost to you. Rather that be a taken job, or the cost of your increased taxes to pay for their benefits. Illegals should be afforded basic human rights, but above that is a burden on all LEGAL Americans.

It makes me sick how slow the process is. Get names, finger prints, info., etc. then directly on a bus to back south of the border.

It makes me sick to hear from the lawyers trying to help these people. Lawyers cost a lot of money. Hundreds or thousands of lawyers representing thousands to tens of thousands of illegals cost a LOT of money. Who is paying for these lawyers to fight for these illegals? The American tax payer.

It makes me sick to see and hear all the stuff on the media. The media spins it, period. They try to tug on the heart strings. Let's forget these people came here willingly knowing they may be caught, oh but that is not their own fault.

It makes me sick to hear how these people are portrayed. How many times have we heard "Undocumented". Strait up, these people are criminals just by the act of crossing the border illegally. If you owned a store, and someone broke in, would you just say "Oh well, he is just in the store off hours and undocumented".

Place the blame where the blame is due. If parents and children are being separated who's fault is that. The parents that decided to commit a crime.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

You deffo should see a doctor with all that sickness. ☹️

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I must have a dozen friends freaking out on FB over this.
The TDS is real, they don't care it's been like this for 20 years.
They want to blame Trump for it no matter what the truth is.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
"Every time that I go to jail for breaking the law, doing something illegal, they let me bring my kids with me.",

said, no one, ever.
edit on 19-6-2018 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
When they show up at the border they should get greeted with a free unicorn, a bottle of champagne, and a big fat juicy chimichanga.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

What really is sick is that after the election, the same people crying over the children will forget about them and ignore them.

The leftists are using and abusing the children for political points.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Is there a reason you couldn't add your opinion to one of the dozen or so threads already addressing this topic?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Wonder how many of these types of threads are from social justice warriors funded by USA tax payers .

Getting to the point where there should be a seperate forum for manufactured election crisis stories
edit on 6192018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Place the blame where the blame is due.

Good idea. Let's do exactly that. Because there's a whole lotta blame to go around...

If parents and children are being separated who's fault is that. The parents that decided to commit a crime.

Not exactly. The vast majority of these kids are not arriving with their parents. To be honest, for most of these kids, we don't even know who their parents are. Many of these kids are arriving with human smugglers and sex traffickers, quite possibly kidnapped and not only held against their will, but put into "service" against their will. Many of these "kids" are not really kids at all.

Parents are, of course, responsible for their own actions. But the parents are not responsible for the actions our government agencies and agents choose to take in response. Only our government agents are responsible for the actions they choose to take. Starting with Congress who created this mess, and has the power to fix this mess, but have chosen instead to make these kids political footballs for cheap political points.

I refuse to give our government critters -- on BOTH sides of the aisle -- a free pass for their despicable behavior.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Coming at it from that position, its a bit rich you expecting truth from anyone else, given your abject lack of familiarity with it, where this topic is concerned.

If you think that the last twenty years have seen families broken up AS STANDARD, as part of dealing with these matters, you have not been paying any damned attention.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Besides venting here on ATS about your disapproval, have you done anything about this situation that bothers you so much? Have you written your congressman? Have you volunteered your time to disseminate information about legal immigration policies to potential immigrants? Have you yourself read the immigration policies, reviewed their changes/amendments over the years to find out who exactly is at fault for this or when it all started?

Or are you just upset now because the media has decided it's a good tactical time to put cameras in these facilities and make it newsworthy?

link   
a reply to: baddmove

The sad part is. I bet a lot of these parents and guardians fled from somewhere with their kids in hopes they could give their children a better life, even if they get separated there's a chance the kids aren't going back with the parents. And to them its better then living where ever they came from.
World is a cruel place.

link   

This should make you feel better.

www.dhs.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

...a big fat juicy chimichanga.

Mmmmmmm... love chimis!

But we better make sure the chimis come with guac and sour cream... Anything less would be outright abuse

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

In all fairness, children should not be separated from their parents, unless they are convicted criminals.
a reply to: nofear39

see that's the thing... the parent ARE convicted criminals. for crossing the border illegally.

makes me sick that people can't understand these people are coming here illegally. stop playing word games, migrants, immigrants and foreign citizens come here legally via the proper channels. not hiking through the desert for a week with their kids in tow

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Is there a reason you couldn't add your opinion to one of the dozen or so threads already addressing this topic?

Hmmm...that added value to this thread!

On topic, you almost had me OP. The initial lawyers representing the illegal immigrants make you sick gave you a way a bit, then I got to the meat of your post and realized that I mainly missed the /s.

As others have said (or implied), it is a sad day when Americans don’t think America should enforce their Congressionallly enacted laws.

Before you libs jump the track, the law is not that children be separated from parents, but that illegal immigrants be prosecuted, at which time their children don’t go to holding with them...so please save your spin.

Even sadder is one major party (hint - identified with jackasses) would use children for political gain, children who are victims of laws from the Clinton and Obama administrations, that Congress has refused to fix.

Less Republican, less Democrat...more Constitution!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

Besides venting here on ATS about your disapproval, have you done anything about this situation that bothers you so much? Have you written your congressman? Have you volunteered your time to disseminate information about legal immigration policies to potential immigrants? Have you yourself read the immigration policies, reviewed their changes/amendments over the years to find out who exactly is at fault for this or when it all started?

Or are you just upset now because the media has decided it's a good tactical time to put cameras in these facilities and make it newsworthy?

Wait...so if I want to become a citizen of, say Germany, it’s the responsibility of German citizens to train me how to do that? Funny, I would have thought it would be MY responsibility to learn Germany’s laws, perhaps enough of the German language to effectively communicate, and, most importantly, the proper way to LEGALLY become a German citizen. Guess I was mistaken, apparently the legal citizens of any country I choose to immigrate to are responsible for all that. /s

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I must have a dozen friends freaking out on FB over this.
The TDS is real, they don't care it's been like this for 20 years.
They want to blame Trump for it no matter what the truth is.

LOL - I gave an example on twitter of a US woman being pulled over by police, breathalysed, found to be over the legal limit.

She had her kids in the car.

She got separated from them when she was taken to the lockup for committing a crime.

I asked where the outrage was?

I was promptly blocked.

Did I mention the LOL?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Assassin82

Wait...so if I want to become a citizen of, say Germany, it’s the responsibility of German citizens to train me how to do that? Funny, I would have thought it would be MY responsibility to learn Germany’s laws, perhaps enough of the German language to effectively communicate, and, most importantly, the proper way to LEGALLY become a German citizen. Guess I was mistaken, apparently the legal citizens of any country I choose to immigrate to are responsible for all that. /s

Of course it's the individuals responsibility to learn the laws, customs, courtesies and languages of whatever country they're hoping to immigrate too. I guess you missed the point/sarcasm of my post.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You are only mad about it because the media told you to be. It's so sad seeing brainwashed people like this. It's common on Facebook but I expect more from ATS.

If you bother doing research you'd find the children are only separated when:

the adults they are with are found NOT to be their parents
the parents are wanted criminals

You'd also find the exact some policies occurred under Bush JR, Obama, and Trump. And in much greater numbers than under Trump.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join