It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Willy Wonka and the pure imagination of project NEOM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
"The land of the future, where the greatest minds, and best talents are empowered to embody pioneering ideas and exceed boundaries in a world inspired by imagination"

www.neom.com...

You know when I first read the opening statement to project Neom, I couldn't stop thinking about Willy Wonka and his pure imagination.

www.youtube.com...

Is Neom the future or something much more sinister
edit on 19-6-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DpatC

The question of whether this will be a positive force for the future of the species, largely revolves around motivation. If the motivation for this effort is humanitarian, rather than being based on the potential to profit (they are mutually exclusive ideals, regardless of what those who refuse to learn the lessons of history will tell you), then there is every chance that this will indeed be a force for good. Making the technologies of the future because they need making, rather than because there is a buck to be made, making the advances in biomedical research which are necessary to make the future worth living in, developing thought for its own sake and the sake of the future, those are noble things indeed.

But if the entire effort is being made in order to put those who invest in the thing in a somehow advantageous position, relative to people who have not invested in the project, or to create the dynasties of the future from the gains associated therewith, creating another group of entitled, workshy cretins to infect our future with, fed fat on the proceeds of that which they personally put no effort into.... That would render the whole thing in a completely different light.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
A fancy commune where all will be rosy and sweet. Fordlandia is back.

It's been done to death, as old as time.

If this thing ever reaches fruition, it will just be the answer to a trivia question a few years after. A fading curiosity.

Sorry for the negativity, but just another old school pipe dream IMO.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It's a crypto currency thing. I'd like to get my hands on some tokens. IOT (Internet of things on the blockchain) is the future.

It's quite an ambitious project expect a coin sale soon they'll need funding lol
I'd like to see this succeed but seems like a crypto money grab.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

you beat me to it but I would have compiled a better thread, dern

new topics

top topics

join