It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocker: Trump lies about crime in Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hard to believe, but Germany is not a crime ridden migrant camp, as Trump claims. (Shocker: Trump lies!) Crime is at a 25 year low in Germany.

THE PRESIDENT OF the United States told a blatant lie about Germany on Monday, claiming that the nation’s crime rate — which is at its lowest level in 25 years — has gone “way up” since Europe granted asylum to hundreds of thousands of refugees fleeing the wars in Syria and Iraq.

The lie, posted on Twitter by Donald Trump, was an attempt to justify the exceedingly cruel measures he ordered to deter unauthorized immigration, including the arrest of asylum-seekers at the southern border and the removal of their children for detention in cages.

theintercept.com...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gariac
you need to take your hands out your pockets
and grow up

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Keep cheering. From the source the source uses:

While the number of incidents motivated by right-wing ideology fell by 12.9 percent, incidents perpetrated in the name of the left rose by 3.9 percent. However, the overall number of crimes associated with the political right — at 20,520 — was more than twice the number associated with the left, at 9,752.

Most politically motivated crimes were related to the use of propaganda, according to the interior ministry. But the number of violent crimes perpetrated by the left rose by 15.6 percent in over the previous year to 1,967 — a rise largely attributable to violence and riots at last summer’s G20 summit in Hamburg.

www.politico.eu...

Pick your bias and run with it.

Off topic; can two sentences constitute a thread?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Xenophobia, bigotry, fearmongering. I have friends that moved to Germany and they love it. For those that have never been to Europe or the USA but get all their info from Alex Jones, YouTube and Donald Trump's Twitter then it's easy for one to fall for the fear tactics. I myself having never been to Europe myself have fallen for the fear tactics, I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle with fears having some merit to them but not as bad as some would lead you to believe.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

You sound just like that dude on CNN,kind of tongue in cheek,with skewed records and reports,and closes interview when the real truth comes out,quoting liberal sources usually brings embarrasment

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I hate articles that manipulate the public. See they take a 25 year span because then they can say crime has decreased in general. It also misleads you but generalizing all crime so this includes things like DUI and mail fraud etc

Now here's the reality violent crime in Germany has increased over the last 2 years. This means Germany is becoming a more dangerous place as assaults and murders rise.

Here do some research

www.reuters.com...

www.bbc.com...
edit on 6/19/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Anyone that actually believes Germany is a migrant ridden failed state most likely has already suffered a lobotomy, well either that or they rely completely on media for their world views.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yeah Trumps full of it, you guys said that when he claimed Sweden had issues.
You also said that when he claimed the FBI had wiretapped him, in fact on an almost daily basis I hear how Trumps full of it.
The funny thing is that after the initial faux outrage and virtue signalling reeeeee's have died down hes usually proven to be spot on

I also have friends in Germany, Denmark, England and France, all without exception say things are getting worse and 2 of the girls I know say they are scared to go out alone, even in the day sometimes.

If 1 illegal immigrant commits a crime its 1 too many, if 10's of 1000's of them commit crimes then those responsible for allowing them in need to be brought up on charges for every murder, rape, assault and theft that they allowed to happen

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Notice that, no matter the subject, they use it as a way to keep circling back to their latest talking point? Wonder what the "Butthurt of The Day" will be next week?

The lie, posted on Twitter by Donald Trump, was an attempt to justify the exceedingly cruel measures he ordered to deter unauthorized immigration, including the arrest of asylum-seekers at the southern border and the removal of their children for detention in cages.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Xenophobia, bigotry, fearmongering. I have friends that moved to Germany and they love it. For those that have never been to Europe or the USA but get all their info from Alex Jones, YouTube and Donald Trump's Twitter then it's easy for one to fall for the fear tactics. I myself having never been to Europe myself have fallen for the fear tactics, I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle with fears having some merit to them but not as bad as some would lead you to believe.

I too live somewhere I love but....

The other day I went aprox. five miles away to a particular shop in another area

and if I didn't know any better, I could well have been in another country

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

I too live somewhere I love but....

The other day I went aprox. five miles away to a particular shop in another area

and if I didn't know any better, I could well have been in another country

Maybe you had better not leave the house, sounds dangerous out there....

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The Alt-Right here on this board won't listen, as always. Their view of the world is built on figuratively cement - dense, unchanging, put there by outside forces..

You want to deny the statistics our police built? Source in German, Bundeskriminalamt - they are known for tracking users.. 2.4% decrease in violence compared to the year prior. The overall numbers are on the (low) level of 199something.

We do not have to ignore Trumps Twitterhate, but we can bring up facts. And Trump lied on this one.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
I hate articles that manipulate the public. See they take a 25 year span because then they can say crime has decreased in general. It also misleads you but generalizing all crime so this includes things like DUI and mail fraud etc

Now here's the reality violent crime in Germany has increased over the last 2 years. This means Germany is becoming a more dangerous place as assaults and murders rise.

Here do some research

www.reuters.com...

www.bbc.com...

Nailed it.

It's sad who most of the MSM is so "fake news" these days that they just parrot any old rubbish without doing the most basic investigation.

No more trustworthy than some bloke on twitter most of them.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Here do some research

www.reuters.com...

www.bbc.com...

Nailed it.

It's sad who most of the MSM is so "fake news" these days that they just parrot any old rubbish without doing the most basic investigation.

The irony is strong in this one young badawan.

Did you really just parrot fake news without doing any research, like really....

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Hard to believe, but Germany is not a crime ridden migrant camp, as Trump claims. (Shocker: Trump lies!) Crime is at a 25 year low in Germany.

Yeah, he is wrong - it is only murder, rape, violence, stuff like that, that is up. You know, the irrelevant stuff.

Germany: Migrants 'may have fuelled violent crime rise'
Migrants may be responsible for most of a recent rise in violent crime in Germany, research commissioned by the government suggests.

The study used data from Lower Saxony, a state where more than 90% of the rise was attributed to young male migrants

edit on 19-6-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Your link states, migrants may have contributed in a 10% violent crime rise and that 92 % could be attributed to migrants so that's what 9% of that increase is migrants .

Now I'm not sure of your math skills but I'm guessing they are not all that good, if you think a 9 % increase of violent crimes is the end of the world.

I couldn't be arsed looking but I'm betting violent crime is not all that high in Germany and a 9 % increase in negligible.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Statistics don't lie.

But they can fool.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It certainly would appear that way.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Here do some research

www.reuters.com...

www.bbc.com...

Nailed it.

The irony is strong in this one young badawan.

Did you really just parrot fake news without doing any research, like really....

Reuters were lying were they?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Trump couldn't care less about crime rates in germany, he's just trying to silence those critical of us immigration policy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join