It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter, "Don't fall for the actor (immigrant) children"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Boy, I can just imagine the Liberal outrage over Coulter's latest statement, but does she have a valid point? She cites a May 29th article in the New Yorker, which states:

Administration officials insist that the new zero-tolerance policy that, in some cases, separates children from families seeks to protect them from human smuggling rings. In many cases, officials said, migrant children have been coached on what to say to make fraudulent claims for asylum.

www.nytimes.com...

There's no doubt in my mind, that many immigrants will do just about anything, to get into the United States. Why would immigrant families risk losing their children at the border, by not entering the United States legally? The fact is, there is no easy way in becoming a legal American citizen, nor is it easy for an immigrant and their family to claim asylum:

On previous attempts over the past day, they had been met at the long bridge’s apex by Customs and Border Protection agents—a highly unusual tactic—who asked them for identification and told them they couldn’t proceed to the port of entry because the holding cells were at capacity.

In recent weeks, Garcia and other immigrant activists in El Paso had been hearing reports that CBP agents were blocking Central Americans from proceeding across the bridge to the port of entry where they are entitled to begin the asylum process. By making asylum claims at a port of entry, immigrants are supposed to be given a court date so that a judge may determine if the asylum claim is credible. But recent reports suggest Central Americans are being turned back to Juárez.

www.texasmonthly.com...

So, immigrants who are turned away, have to wait for another opportunity, or they take a chance and sneak over the border illegally. These immigrants are then arrested on criminal charges and are separated from the children they are traveling with, who are then placed in detention centers. I'm all for legal immigration, but it does bother me seeing kids separated from their families. However, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection are simply overwhelmed, by the sheer number of illegal immigrants trying to enter the United States. Maybe this is the reason why processing undocumented immigrants is being hampered at the border.

“The number of inadmissible individuals CBP is able to process varies based upon case complexity; available resources; medical needs; translation requirements; holding/detention space; overall port volume; and ongoing enforcement actions. No one is being denied the opportunity to make a claim of credible fear or seek asylum. Once space is available and/or other factors allow then CBP officers allow more people into our facilities for processing. This has been occurring intermittently as needed for about a month here in El Paso and other locations as well where the volume of arriving people exceeds the capacity of our facilities.

www.texasmonthly.com...

There are valid reasons why it isn't easy to enter the United States legally. There are laws that need to be followed and there are certain criteria that needs to be met, before granting asylum, or citizenship to an illegal immigrant. We need to know if these people have a contagious disease, or are criminals and a danger to the security of the United States. The safety of our American citizens should be the number one priority, which is the reason why we have such a rigorous vetting process in the first place. Why doesn't the Liberal news media mention these facts? Instead we see video footage of weeping immigrant kids and their parents. It seems that this is intentially done, in order to pull on the heartstrings of American citizens who oppose Trump and his policies. Yeah, Ann Coulter can act like an overbearing, heartless b!tch sometimes, but I do think she makes a valid point on this issue.

edit on 6/18/2018 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Boy, I can just imagine the Liberal outrage over Coulter's latest statement, but does she have a valid point? She cites a May 29th article in the New Yorker, which states:

Administration officials insist that the new zero-tolerance policy that, in some cases, separates children from families seeks to protect them from human smuggling rings. In many cases, officials said, migrant children have been coached on what to say to make fraudulent claims for asylum.

You'll note that they are quoting the government, who doesn't exactly hold the high moral ground here.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

All the outrage then: Oh, it was Obama, no foul.

The Case For Abolishing Immigrant Detention (2015)
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Halt Expansion of Immigrant Family Detention
www.hrw.org...

Since October 2013, , more than 55,000 migrant parents and their children have crossed the US-Mexico border. This is an increase of nearly 500 percent from the previous 12 months. The administration contends that this influx justifies an expansion of family detention to deter families from crossing into the United States. But available evidence shows that detention is not a deterrent to irregular migration, Human Rights Watch said.

“Children in detention face anxiety, depression, and long-term psychological and emotional damage,” Long said. “It should never be considered in their best interests to lock them up.”

Immigrant kids detained in warehouse of humanity
www.usatoday.com...

Detention centers overflow with kids crossing border
www.usatoday.com...

Obama administration officials are rushing to explain photos from 2014 that went viral this weekend showing locked-up immigrant children

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 18-6-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The vast majority of immigrants coming into this country from Mexico are not coming here for asylum, they come here because there is work and opportunity to make money, some of which is done illegally. Most come here to make more money. But they do not understand that it costs a lot more to live here so they are not really better off sometimes.

There are some that come here that qualify for asylum, but it is not really that many coming out of Mexico way.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My thoughts on this are parents who make this dangerous journey that have brought kids along not only should be charged with coming across the border illegally but child endangerment, child neglect, child abuse and these children should be protected from these parents and returned to the foster system of their resident country while their parents serve out a lengthy sentence for their crimes. Some folks get upwards of 20 yrs for endangering their children as Americans illegals should receive the same treatment.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If anyone doesn't know by now that Coulter intentionally says the most outrageous things to sell her books.

They've been living in a cave.

Giving her any attention is stupid.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So does every other political writer, politicians, mainstream media, commentator making statements for the last year. The democrats especially

"gonna put yah back in chains" or "throw grandma over the cliff" ect

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
If anyone doesn't know by now that Coulter intentionally says the most outrageous things to sell her books.

They've been living in a cave.

Yeah, but she's a lot of fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Are you sure that's a she?

I know I know I apologize.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

You might be a 'she' who the # cares?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack

Don't you know it's in vogue around here to make fun of transgender people?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

If that's the case then I guess it's vogue to act like a total ass as well?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If that's the case then I guess it's vogue to act like a total ass as well?

It does seems so since Ann Coulter acts like a total ass.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to Ann.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to Ann.

Yes I know.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Don't you know it's in vogue around here to make fun of transgender people?

Oh? Ohhh!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I'll bet that's a coors in your cup. Pfffttt..

link   
a reply to: SummerRain

The Dundee Handshake.

link   

I'll bet that's a coors in your cup. Pfffttt..

Now you've done it!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join