It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The question people are not asking of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The question is how is your country so horrible, so unfixable, so hopeless, that people just don't want to stay there?

People can get mad at immigration, at the US, at detention centers, at the current president, at former presidents, ~but~ I have not heard
a single person ask, what is Mexico's role.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The question is how is your country so horrible, so unfixable, so hopeless, that people just don't want to stay there?

People can get mad at immigration, at the US, at detention centers, at the current president, at former presidents, ~but~ I have not heard

Excellent question. Mexico is ran by the druglords. They don't care about the citizenry. If you have ever been to Mexico you will understand first hand how corrupt it is.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I know exactly how corrupt they are, but it seems the whole world has forgotten!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Are you suggesting Mexico is a snap-hole country?

They had one party in power for over 70 years; IIRC it's back in power again. The. Official government position is it is still the ruler of Mexican nationals illegally in the US. It advocates for them and provides legal assistance when they are at risk of facing the death penalty in Texas for capital crimes.

It provides ID for Mexicans that can easily be altered (driver licenses issued at consulates didn't used to have a photo on them--they may not even now...)

The have tacitly admitted that Yanqui-land serves as a pressure release valve for intolerable social pressures within Mexico.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Mexico is an issue yes.

So is the UN.

The UN should have set-up help centers at the Border (on the Mexico side).

They have the money, so apparently they could care less.

πŸ‘Ž UN πŸ‘Ž

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Mexico has some issues similar to many countries. Yet, I know and am still in contact with families who have returned to Mexico and are quite happy. These were the children of immigrant parents who had come legally to America.

Most illegal immigrants from Mexico are not actually seeking citizenship here. They are seeking American $$$. They are seeking the dream of returning home and living a better life.

Most of the immigrants seeking citizenship through the Mexico border are not actual Mexican citenzens. They come from the countries further south. Mexico also offers amnesty to many, but many refuse believing in the land of milk and honey further north. They won't apply in Mexico since they are afraid Mexico will be stricter and deport them and they feel they have a better chance getting into America.

One should ask why doesn't the immigrants push onward to Canada? Is it because they know they would be instantly deported? America has been too soft in the past regarding immigration. Sadly, until word of mouth gets to these other countries, many will be making these dangerous sojourns to discover they were mislead.

Be angry at those who mislead the innocents.

Edit add: back to op issue...most areas that are corrupted is due to America government policies creating the gangland structures. Whether drugs or corporate. America creates the greed.
edit on 6 18 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Mexico is an issue yes.

So is the UN.

πŸ‘Ž UN πŸ‘Ž

That is a great point Xuenchen. I wonder why they are not helping them?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Mexico is an issue yes.

So is the UN.

πŸ‘Ž UN πŸ‘Ž

I like your ideal of UN doing such a humanitarian deed. Yet am fearful on how the UN has actually proven themselves to be more corrupted than 3rd world dictators! Egad!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

They're coming from Central America. Primarily from Honduras.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So glad everyone here is so informed

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Truly surprised at your one liners on this thread. Didn't think you would ever be in agreement with the Trump Administration in attempting to educate America!

Wow! Just wow!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If they don't want to pay for the wall, they should pay for the immigrants. A tax on everything that crosses the border until this is resolved.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I agree the UN would find ways to screw it up, but they have offered zero.

I suspect profit motives are lacking.

Kofi Annan is probably advising them.πŸŽƒ

πŸ’₯

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

If they don't want to pay for the wall, they should pay for the immigrants. A tax on everything that crosses the border until this is resolved.

Actually I like that incentive. Currently, there is no incentive to stem the tide from their side. What about the Canadians? We have a border there as well.

Guess it could be going both ways on all borders. Though believe America would be the ones to see a profit. This must be right up Trumps alley! Someone must tell Trump.

Edit add: retread and wanted to reenumerate. This would be an awesome trade deal tactic. We all know as citizens we are actually considered commodity to our respective governments. Without us...they all would be null and void. It is what it is.
edit on 6 18 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Really? All of them? Not one Mexican has illegally crossed the US border with children (today, yesterday, tomorrow)? I don’t know about how informed posters in this thread may or may not be, but I’ll wager they are a bit more logical in their thinking than thinking that only Cental Americans are illegally entering the US.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Accountability!?!? At the source!?!?!?

How dare you!!

This is America dammit. No one is accountable for anything while at the same time each of us is accountable for everything.

/sarc

edit on 1605x6716America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yet no IDs or proof.

Many are Mexican if not most.

πŸ’₯

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So are you saying there is no reason for them to not seek asylum in Mexico?
edit on 6/18/2018 by TheLead
edit on 6/18/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Silly. I forgive you for this snide comment. I understand that it annoys you when Trump makes snide comments. It doesn't annoy me for some reason. I actually find it livens up a lot of rhetoric.

Peace out Silly.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

I agree the UN would find ways to screw it up, but they have offered zero.

I suspect profit motives are lacking.

Kofi Annan is probably advising them.πŸŽƒ

πŸ’₯

That would mean that it will be more profitable for them not to interfere.
Who are the one's in NATO that would profit the most?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join