It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Well we could do DNA tests on them.

Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

Problem solved.

Sounds like something hitler would approve of.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Problem solved.

How so?

And it does seem that the words Nazi and Hitler get thrown around a lot here. Mike Godwin must be having a field day on that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Putting aside the Hitler nonsense, how many nurses would we need to hire to administer the tests in a controlled manner and how many doctors would we need to confirm the result? How long would that take? Where would we house them in the meantime?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Sure it could, but should it be done? Is that data going to be kept and stored? If not, who will we trust to properly destroy it?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

What would you do if the person refuses a dna test?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Putting aside the Hitler nonsense, how many nurses would we need to hire to administer the tests in a controlled manner and how many doctors would we need to confirm the result? How long would that take? Where would we house them in the meantime?

Good questions. Just a suggestion to the paternity problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

What would you do if the person refuses a dna test?

Then bye bye off you go.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If the Trump Admin can stick to their guns, it is predicted the numbers will drop as more and more people figure out the risk isn't worth the reward doing it illegally.

Human Trafficking is a part of all of this. The Creeps will find a way to prey on the innocents. Keeping the kids separated is a necessity till facts can be sorted out. As someone said, the average stay isn't super long.

There have been more judges and Lawyers added to deal with the backlogs.

The problem is for far too long we ignored the problem, making just enforcing the existing laws on the books somehow wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Problem solved.

How so?

And it does seem that the words Nazi and Hitler get thrown around a lot here. Mike Godwin must be having a field day on that one.

If only he trademarked that saying, He'd be a rich man these past few years.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Yes. The US should not discriminate . Send em back to their parents that were turned away.
Treat all lawbreakers equally.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

That's a fair answer. I don't know either, but damn if I can't even find the answers to relatively simple, basic questions in the media right now. It pisses me off too because I am reduced to yelling at the news for failing to ask basic questions when they get some admin official in the hot seat.

I want to hate them, but critical thinking is forcing me to throw a penalty flag on the play.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The baritone voice of a Border Patrol agent booms above the crying. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he jokes. “What’s missing is a conductor.” Then a distraught but determined 6-year-old Salvadoran girl pleads repeatedly for someone to call her aunt. Just one call, she begs anyone who will listen. She says she’s memorized the phone number, and at one point, rattles it off to a consular representative. “My mommy says that I’ll go with my aunt,” she whimpers, “and that she’ll come to pick me up there as quickly as possible.” An audio recording obtained by ProPublica adds real-life sounds of suffering to a contentious policy debate that has so far been short on input from those with the most at stake: immigrant children. More than 2,300 of them have been separated from their parents since April, when the Trump administration launched its “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which calls for prosecuting all people who attempt to illegally enter the country and taking away the children they brought with them. More than 100 of those children are under the age of 4. The children are initially held in warehouses, tents or big box stores that have been converted into

I am ashamed of being an American today.

I hope we can look back on this horror one day and see it for what it is

And see Trump for what he is

This country has reached the lowest of the low.

Ok.

Ashamed? Lowest of the low?

Seriously? That's really how you're gonna call this?

Horror? Really? To you, this is horror?

Auschwitz-Birkenau. THAT'S horror.

Hiroshima. THAT'S horror.

See? See where I'm going with this?

The Black Plague. THAT'S horror.

Is it clicking yet? Hmm?

Gettysburg. THAT'S horror.

This? The video?

This is a bad day at daycare.

Kids cry. Every day. All over the world.
Kids die. Every day. All over the world.
LOTS of them. For a million reasons, and in a million ways, most of them quite unpleasant.

But THESE kids, in the video.
These are the ones you wanna save.
These kids in particular, I mean...

Why? Please Be specific.
Other than political, I mean.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Rikku
logic would suggest the parents of those kids are to blame.
not trump.

Logic as pulled itself up by its own bootstraps and hurled itself out the window.

Nothing causes logic to defenestrate quicker than a crying child.

"Think of da children!!!!!11"

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
No more cribs!!!

They’re just cages that make the children sad!

Away with a stranger, no crib for a bed
the little illegal lay down his sweet head...

OP, you really think Trump would commit genocide if he could? Man, you're literally the poster child for TDS.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wonder if this think of the children push is just the lefts way of pushing back on the open borders desire.

We shouldn't break up families, but we cant put kids in the detention facility with adults so let the parents go way of thinking.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Rikku
logic would suggest the parents of those kids are to blame.
not trump.

Logic as pulled itself up by its own bootstraps and hurled itself out the window.

Nothing causes logic to defenestrate quicker than a crying child.

"Think of da children!!!!!11"

I am thats why i think we need to separate the kids from the adults until we know who we are dealing with. First most parents send their kids alone on a journey to the United States they will pay cayotes anywhere from 3000 to 15000 to sneak their children across rhe border. A big clue is the kids will supposedly have the number of an aunt or uncle to call.

In most casses its the smugglers that give the children these numbers to call. Now some cayotes will try to get the kids to families in the states. Others will sell the kids to traffickers which will retrieve the kids for forced labor or worse prostitution.

And then there is the risk these parents take as cayotes are sneaking people like this across the border. www.cbp.gov...

Law requires children must be returned to family or moved into foster care within 20 days. This doesnt give alot of time to confirm who these people are we are turning rhe kids over to. One instant i read in florida they had 13 kids registered ti an abandoned apartment complex. Guess what we have no idea where they went.

Dont kid yourself and think kids are coming in to the US with mommy and daddy. A majority are by themselves.

Now heres what makes me mad our current policies we hand these kids over ti the trafickers to abuse the kids.

Everyone should read this.

www.dispatch.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Welcome to the NAZI america’s “CONSENTRATION CAMPS”. GOD damn it, “legal or illegal” these are HUMAN being. How come animals are “FREE to migrating” but human not..? Be aware of the” KARMA” it will catch up soon.

Thank you Willtell for sharing S&F

edit on 19-6-2018 by Kkintekk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The thing everyone is missing is that Trump could stop all this right now. But he won't. Because his base loves that this is happening and that's all he cares about. These people aren't even human to him.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Where is yours now?

Why is trump continuing with things obama did?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join