It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
It’s amazing that many conservative Republicans are coming out against Trump barbarism

We tried to tell you he is a barbarian and prone to uncivilized actions like this

Trump, believe me, will do worse if they let him. He would commit genocide if he had the opportunity.

From what you posted there I can tell you really don't take this seriously. People have told you that this has been going on longer than since Trump become President. I have changed my mind about you. I am proud you are an American now. You are trolling, just as Trump does. I knew you really liked him.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You're ignorant

And don’t know what you're talking about …YOUR WRONG

THEY DO HAVE RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION.

That’s why they have trials, for instance, its called DUE PROCESS

They don’t have the same rights that citizens do but they do have rights

Unlike the barbarian Trump, the founders weren’t barbarians

Only Trump and his followers are barbaric enough to convict people without trials
go back to school and learn something

Absolutely, and as far as the children go, they are being summarily removed. Our laws state that children who have been summarily removed from their parents have a right to an attorney - Guardian ad Litem, and the entity who removed them MUST appear before a Judge within 72 hours to show probable cause, and if this is proven, temporary custody of the minor child is placed with the state, or another licensed entity.

We must give terrorists from other countries "a fair trial" and due process, but not minor children?
We've completely stripped them of their rights.

Are the kids under arrest?

Yes/No?

It's protective custody!

People are so...emotional.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Oh I have misread. You said anyone not on US soil. Well duh the Constitution doesn't apply to them outside of our jurisdiction.
That goes without saying.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean
They do, at the start.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Foreign National is the Appropriate Term , as in Non American .

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
They do, at the start.

Source please.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: pavil

Sure they will still have gangs. I'm talking about drug cartels. Ending war on drugs would cut their supply 100%, destroying their enterprises and their terrorizing of families and forcing them to be mules. Nixon and Reagan started this and the CIA was involved in the drug trafficking.

While a noble goal, I doubt it does much to stem the flow. You have to have America messing in the internal politics of Central American Countries. That won't play well with the rest of the world , let alone the Governments of Central America.
The Demand is still there, they will keep supplying it.

Not saying it's a bad idea, but it's not a huge game-changer when it comes to illegal immigration.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The easier and humane thing to do all around is to send them all home as a family, "Hi, nice to meet you all. Bye now, go back from where thou cameth."

Splitting kids from their families, especially really young ones, because you think you're being "tough" on something only serves to create foundations for serious mental problems later, and solidify backlash. And those of us who've been insulted by and pissed about this tactic since it's inception don't give a rat's ass about who's driving the country when, fact of the matter is this policy still exists and people still think it's ok. The f# is it, you knuckle dragging animals.

Mental problems?!

Like their home country is Utopia?

With a possible high IQ of 80, I think they are there already.

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

These children are abandoned at the first sight of Border patrol by their running parents. Others are handed off to coyotes.

Would you abandon your child to another country (the state) or a total stranger like that?

link   

You actually do have a good point. I never thought about the other countries in South America still having demands.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Willtell

Yea, your calls of racism and hitler are in line with a logical argument and based in fact.

Good god you folks haven't a clue.

Don't forget Genocide!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Oh I have misread.

Indeed - and once you understand the limiting nature of the Constitution, and how it applies to non-US citizens ON US SOIL versus NOT NO US SOIL, this situation becomes easier to address as the Constitution will protect anyone on US soil and if you are NOT a US citizen, then you are not afforded all the protections under the constitution until you becomes a citizen - until that time, the US government is required to treat you with humanity and with dignity and respect and to dispatch you back across the border in the same condition (or healthier) than when you came across illegally.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Willtell

I am ashamed of being an American today.

Sweetheart, you've been ashamed of being an American for a long time.

Don't let this little propaganda piece by your owners give you an excuse to say it on this forum.

These kids are treated a whole lot better right than they have been living before.

Can you please make an OP about the millions of American children that are in the system right now because their parent is in jail?

Oh snap... that would BE a citizen so it doesn't matter.

2,000 kids that are detained... they have trips to the zoo, have mental health professionals and doctors there, etc, etc ad nauseum.

Meanwhile, 22 American vets committed suicide today.

Screw them though... we need to feed and clothe and house and pay for more illegal aliens!!!!

ETA.. why would you have an issue with "ripping the child from it's mother" when you have no problem with abortion... you know, "ripping the child from it's mother."

One is 20 days in a play camp... the other a death sentence.

But... the children!!!!

/faceplam

13 mil american kids live under $24,000 a year.

The US spends $35,000 a year for each illegal kid.

link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Is that option even on the table with your ilk?

Seems like a trap.

Or maybe this issue was a trap for democrats, so they'll actually do something meaningful on immigration instead of #resisting.

link   

Ever Time a Foreign National Illegal Alien enters the Boarders of the United States , it's a Slap in the Face to Immigrants from All over the Globe who Enter here Legally in the hopes of a Better Life . They Don't Belong here . American Citizenship is a Privilege that Must be Earned , and not a Right .

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You actually do have a good point. I never thought about the other countries in South America still having demands.

It really comes down to making the place you live be one where you want to live and raise a family. Central America, Much like most of Africa, has turned into places where people seemingly don't want to do that.

Our demands for drugs sure has played a large role in being destructive in Central America.

It's a problem that all of the World need to figure out and solve. The inequality and lack of care for the average citizens there seems to be but a passing thought. TPTB in those countries only seem to care about themselves and making sure the money keeps flowing to them.

A hard problem to solve.

edit on 18-6-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Right?

We have millions of poor here already that these bleeding hearts just can't help as it is.

Imagine if they left the US to try and make it somewhere else. Where could they go? They'd be turned away at the north and south borders as things stand.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Does this clause apply to non-US citizens not on US soil? (ie: other countries' citizens who reside in those countries)

If so, then it should be renamed "The Constitution of Earth" as it applies to all humans regardless of legal status or geographical location.

???

Apparently so.

Remember the muslim ban over turned by the hawaii judge and 9th circus?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I know they are not afforded all the protections but as per the 14th they are afforded due process and equal protection. I suppose it's all interpretation anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
They do, at the start.

Source please.

For the 14th amendment? I figured you knew it by heart since your using it to back up your argument.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join