It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen to children who’ve just been separated from their parents at the border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The baritone voice of a Border Patrol agent booms above the crying. “Well, we have an orchestra here,” he jokes. “What’s missing is a conductor.” Then a distraught but determined 6-year-old Salvadoran girl pleads repeatedly for someone to call her aunt. Just one call, she begs anyone who will listen. She says she’s memorized the phone number, and at one point, rattles it off to a consular representative. “My mommy says that I’ll go with my aunt,” she whimpers, “and that she’ll come to pick me up there as quickly as possible.” An audio recording obtained by ProPublica adds real-life sounds of suffering to a contentious policy debate that has so far been short on input from those with the most at stake: immigrant children. More than 2,300 of them have been separated from their parents since April, when the Trump administration launched its “zero tolerance” immigration policy, which calls for prosecuting all people who attempt to illegally enter the country and taking away the children they brought with them. More than 100 of those children are under the age of 4. The children are initially held in warehouses, tents or big box stores that have been converted into

I am ashamed of being an American today.

I hope we can look back on this horror one day and see it for what it is

And see Trump for what he is

This country has reached the lowest of the low.

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nice bull# propaganda.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Look this is a disgrace no doubt about it, but to lay the blame on trump alone is disingenuous, he is only towing the line or should I say continuing what has been already put into place.

+37 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You want to throw children in jail with their parents, and you're lecturing us about morality.

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is not a new law or a new policy. It’s part of President Obama’s legacy. Where was your indignation two years ago? Get over it.

+39 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
logic would suggest the parents of those kids are to blame.
not trump.

edit on 18-6-2018 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Here’s an idea....don’t try to come here illegally and this won’t happen.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
American families break up and fall apart all the time. Parents abandon their children. Kids are neglected, abused, you name it. We don't make that Mexico's problem. Why should I feel shame (about Trump no less) because of our policy toward these people? I am saddened about our own children not getting help.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You want to throw children in jail with their parents, and you're lecturing us about morality.

Just look and see the suffering your heroes are causing to innocent children with your tax money

Of course, I don't advocate putting children in jail with their parents.
That’s all in your imagination

No matter how you feel about the immigration issue, human beings should be treated with dignity and respect. It's just that simple.

In this life, all we can do is try to relieve suffering as much as we can, not add to the inherent suffering of this world that goes on.

link   
Kids whine. I know this, and I’m not a parent.

I can’t believe how many people are blatantly calling on everyone to let their emotions rule absolutely...

(Eta: I didn’t listen to the whole thing... what part should I focus on to start?)
edit on 6/18/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Must admit I got a chuckle reading how successful Operation Mockingbird was reading the dramatic faux outrage in the comments of the video! Also had pleasure giving the video a

Just audio with nothing to back up or verify where or when this audio was recorded. Sure has the tribe riled up though!

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
OMG I found out they do this all over America, and to Citizens no less Honest to God Americans. It happens daily in every State, Even California, Of course they are criminals and in Jail, but the children, it's so un American.

(for the feeble minded, this is sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Once legal boundaries are set, we can move forward...

Wait, boundaries aren’t wanted?... Oh, the ambiguity!

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You guys are going full on propaganda blitz.
I hope you're getting paid at least.

These kids are here illegally, they're being taken care of better now than they have their entire lives.

But guess what, they're not entitled to be here, and they're not entitled to our taxpayer dollars. They need to be sent home.
edit on 18-6-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No offense, but I think the video and audio are scripted and staged.

100%

Desperate election tactic.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Must admit I got a chuckle reading how successful Operation Mockingbird was reading the dramatic faux outrage in the comments of the video! Also had pleasure giving the video a

Just audio with nothing to back up or verify where or when this audio was recorded. Sure has the tribe riled up though!

Yeah, and the NAZI tribe is riled up too in their usual hate

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
logic would suggest the parents of those kids are to blame.
not trump.

Logic as pulled itself up by its own bootstraps and hurled itself out the window.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No offense, but I think the video and audio are scripted and staged.

100%

Desperate election tactic.

What’s going on down there is not scripted.

These are NAZI tactics, is just that simple.

Like Alan Dershowitz said

Just send them back with their parents

This method actually may allow the kids to stay here, it defeats the very purpose of what is intended

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yeah, and the NAZI tribe is riled up too in their usual hate

DING DING DING
And there it is, folks. The good old Nazi comparison, meaning he's officially out of things to say. Thanks for playing, and remember to get those pets spayed and neutered!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

If this is propaganda then that child actor is pretty good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join