It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO needs more troops. Can you please join the military?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
NATO needs more troops. Can you please join the military?

Warsaw Pact maybe dead. But, NATO needs more troops. Russia is a gigantic threat. They have over millions of people. We need more troops in Russia, I mean close to Russia in case they attack. Forget the UN guys, join NATO! Columbia is now joining NATO soon.

No, not this Columbia.

bioshock.wikia.com...

This Columbia
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Once South America joins our NATO alliance world peace will happen. The better the Russian threat ends, the better the safety of American citizens.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
NATO is an alliance of countries. It does not have a military of its own. So what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Bioshock ?

Damm ,now I really miss Elizabeth ! I need my VR helmet now ,

Let Nato go to hell they don't need more military but more VR helmets , heard russian trolls launched Despacito ii in Kazan. Collusion! Red allert , huh guess nows its black allert... is that pc correct ? Where are the SJW's when you need them.

Need more Xanax , sedate me Soros please... I really miss Elizabeth , 'catch booker...'

edit on 6182018 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Most of NATO are a bunch of gutless pussies with tiny heart syndrome and couldn't fight their way out of a paper box with no one but kittens and toddlers to stand in their way*.

*There are exceptions.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm joining the Space Force!

As supreme commander.

Gonna try anyway. Maybe get my own planet to govern, at least.

The one with the green dancing gals!!

Fook NATO.

edit on 6 19 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 19 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Most of NATO are a bunch of gutless pussies with tiny heart syndrome and couldn't fight their way out of a paper box with no one but kittens and toddlers to stand in their way*.

*There are exceptions.

No way I'd wear Powder Blue to war.

That's just asking for an ass kicking.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Columbia is now joining NATO soon.

Er, no Columbia are not joining NATO. Columbia has been made a partner, alongside countries like Japan, Australia, Pakistan, South Korea and Mongolia, amongst others. In addition to "Partners across the Globe", there are partners across Europe that are not members of NATO, the Middle East and North Africa. Russia is a suspended partner following their bad behaviour and belligerence in Ukraine and Crimea.

Here, here's a list...

NATO Partners

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

First of all, as other posters have mentioned, NATO has no military of its own, so no one is going to be joining up with its service.

Second... Hell no.

When I was a boy, ten years old or so, I thought it would be a good option to join up with a military outfit. My father worked for the MoD, both my grandfathers fought for our nation in WWII, I thought it would be something to do my bit. But as I grew older, did my research on the wars fought since, the reasons for them, the things our government were involved in, I realised that there was no way that I would be doing any honour to either my family, or indeed my nation, in going to war under the instructions of its government. The reason I came to that conclusion, is that there has not been a war that needed fighting SINCE WWII, with the arguable exception of the Falklands campaign. The first Iraq war, the ongoing War on Terror... while I respect that people who thought they were doing a good thing, donned fatigues and went to war in good faith, the people leading the nations involved in those campaigns, were not acting in the best interest of the people of this or any of the other countries who contributed forces to those campaigns.

Indeed, the intelligence services of the two most gung ho nations involved, were actively supporting terror networks as part of a proxy war with Russia, something they had been setting up since before I was ever born. The specific detail only became available to me after the fact, but something about the whole War on Terror stunk from the beginning, and I had already made up my mind, after examining military history between WWII and the beginning of that mess, that I could not join up, without being potentially used as a tool to achieve unjust aims, using amoral means.

If I thought for a moment than joining up would have meant that I would get to fight a good fight, against an enemy worthy of combating, then I would have made moves at age sixteen, to get moving down that path. As it is, even before the WoT, I knew that to place myself under the direction of people less morally advanced than I was, and frankly less intellectually capable, would be a folly and a vast one at that, and so I did not take that option.

Those who came before me, my grandfathers both instilled in me the importance of only fighting if the cause is just, pure, righteous. There was no question at the time that they joined their respective branches of the UK military, that the fight they were training for was about as perfectly justified as it is possible for any act of violence to be. Even despite that, it was harrowing, brutal and cost both of those stalwart men a decent portion of their sanity, a sacrifice that they both, independently of one another, said that they were proud to make under the circumstances. But no such circumstances have existed since, and both men had been vocal in their opposition to many of the uses of UK military assets in other conflicts since, highlighting the moral collapse of governance in this country as one of many reasons to be VERY distrustful of any modern call to arms.

Even if I were at peak physical condition, and of an age where my joining up would make me of long and fulsome use to my nations military services, I would not. I cannot trust that I would not be used to do something that should not be done, against someone who is not actually my enemy at all, nor the enemy of my people. Until my government can be trusted never to enter into a war of its own creation, against an enemy it helped construct, NO ONE should join up to its military services. If we want to win a victory for truth, for justice, for our people and our freedom, our futures and those of our children and our children's children, the best thing we can do as Britons, is refuse to hand over our children into the arms of the military, refuse to join up ourselves or offer any support to our military other than by way of the taxes we have no choice but to render unto the government.

Other than that, there is no enemy on the horizon, nor is there a commander or a politician in power of a just and noble sort, who could convince a reasoning and intelligent person, that there is a good reason to join them in any of the endeavours that are afoot now, or any endeavours likely to come about in my lifetime.

Now, it is vital that people understand that I respect those who hold a different enough view that they did join up back in the day, or are thinking of doing it now. Those who serve, those who intend to... I cannot and will not insult them or attempt to attach labels to them which do not fit, since that would be amoral. All I will say, is that I hope that those people are careful about how invested they become in their work and its legitimacy. I would hope, though it is unfortunate to have to say it, that they are of the sort who can ignore the right and wrong of a matter, and simply comply, because if not, once the dust of their actions settles, and they see what they have wrought upon other human beings, it would be a shame if they had to feel the weight of the wrongs they had done others, on top of the lack of justification for those wrongs.

top topics

join