It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children need help at the US border.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Disenchanted1

originally posted by: Muninn

a reply to: DBCowboy

I have this image of you in my head where you sit out on front yard going, "Hey you kids! Get off my lawn! You hate America!".

I got a image of you swinging a bike lock at people who have a different point of view.

Proving my point once again about the right using ad hominem when they can't make a decent argument.

So it's only okay when you do it?

When have I ever attacked anyone here on this thread?
I felt your snide comment to my post a few pages ago was a attack. Ya know about trumpets head exploding? Yea that was attackish, lol did I just create a new word..

The post I was replying to you about that Trump should spend on the wall and ICE instead of space front? That wasn't an attack to you. I was talking about "certain" Trump supporters here. BTW it was a joke.
So you attack, then back peddle and say it's a joke. Got it.

Well I have no idea what you are talking about. So...
lol, and what kind of debate tactic is that? Dude you're a special kind of messed up!

Nope. Just have no idea what you are talking about. You'll have to clarify what you meant. It wasn't an attack on you.
I did earlier, what part did you miss? Are you goading me into calling you names like retard or dumbass? Cause i am close.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: RowanBean

Oh?????

I must have not seen that image.😏

www.washingtonpost.com... tm_term=.8cb0cf542917

Committing violence to silence the opposition is evil.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I have this image of you in my head where you sit out on front yard going, "Hey you kids! Get off my lawn! You hate America!".

I got a image of you swinging a bike lock at people who have a different point of view.

Proving my point once again about the right using ad hominem when they can't make a decent argument.

I felt your snide comment to my post a few pages ago was a attack. Ya know about trumpets head exploding? Yea that was attackish, lol did I just create a new word..

The post I was replying to you about that Trump should spend on the wall and ICE instead of space front? That wasn't an attack to you. I was talking about "certain" Trump supporters here. BTW it was a joke.

lol, and what kind of debate tactic is that? Dude you're a special kind of messed up!

Nope. Just have no idea what you are talking about. You'll have to clarify what you meant. It wasn't an attack on you.
I did earlier, what part did you miss? Are you goading me into calling you names like retard or dumbass? Cause i am close.

Go ahead if that makes you feel better. I'm used to ad hominem every time people can't make an argument or clarify themselves, which you never did.
Did you actually think I was talking about you? If you are a Trump supporter then I am very, very sorry for hurting your delicate feelings.

Here's a beer to make you feel better.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well to be frank, technically it’s not our problem. Nor our responsibility to help them. I am all for love one another etc. etc. BUT what is happening on the border is wrong and not healthy for America, in no way what so ever. Speaking of helping children what about our own citizens children? Last I checked we still have kids going to bed hungry, we still have a problem in our public school systems, we still have crimes in inner cities Ahem, war zones in Chicago, and yes kids live there. I find it appalling truly appalling how easy it is for politicians and the main stream media can brainwash simple minded people.

Bottumline what is happening on the southern border is adults being selfish, breaking our laws and hurting their children, hell some would argue using us the tax payer to take care of their children and themselves. Let’s not forget these people are from 3rd world countries illiterate and cannot speak our language and maybe not theirs as well. We should focus that same compassion towards our kids and citizens, yet I am sure this is just a troll, thread anyhow to stimulate one liner opinions for material items like stars and flags anyway.

I can agree that what is happening on the southern border is adults being selfish, breaking our laws; so now that we are passed blaming people what can we now do to help the victims of these adults being selfish, breaking our laws?

Now I understand its not our "responsibility" but it certainly is our problem; their there and where here talking about them, making policy around them, and electing leaders in part based on what they do or do not do about them. Clearly this is our problem.

But your also right that we have US citizen children in need too. I'm sure the ways in which we help our own citizens can be a model. So I wouldn't have a problem with us expanding my original question to include all children in need of homes in the US. Do you have any personal experience with helping us children? Know of any good organization or government agencies that one can contact to help out?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So no one wants to discuss the real world ways we can help these people?

I hate to say this, but I truly don't believe anything can be done. We're breaking families up and not keeping any records on who is related to who. Some aren't even getting barcodes (I guess that's a step up from a tattoo). The young ones, which make up over half don't know their country of origin or family identification information.

We don't know where to send them, or who to send them with. I believe we're going to have to raise them in the US now... in our already strained foster care system.

It's my belief that this damage is irrepairable. The only fix is to prevent more atrocities like these. That means calling your local reps, let them know how you feel. Donate to the ACLU if you have the income. Refuse to fund, support, or vote for any politician who is either quiet on this issue or outright supporting it.

Call your state reps. As of this moment, 3 governors are refusing to send national guard troops to the border for this policy. Convincce your state to do the same.

Also (as I'm trying to do), start writing op ed's to the major papers in your state. Address them to the people in power, and sign your name. Be clear, be honest, and make your case. Out of all the correspondence politicians get, newspaper articles about them are taken the most seriously.

Help these kids by making sure it never happens again.

Thanks for the input but I was looking for something a little bit more concreat than "join the resistance". I guess for many doing so is help enough to the problems but to me it doesnt seem enough. We already do vote for against the people we agree or disagree with; that doesnt seem to help much.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Go ahead if that makes you feel better. I'm used to ad hominem every time people can't make an argument or clarify themselves, which you never did.
Did you actually think I was talking about you? If you are a Trump supporter then I am very, very sorry for hurting your delicate feelings.

Not so much about me, but classifying me into a group perhaps.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I want strong borders too. And I know people have called you a Nazi but that's only because you seem to advocate for separation of parents and children. I don't advocate that at all.

Again nobody is advocating for no laws on immigration. Don't fall for the propaganda.

So if a parent breaks the law, and they have children, they don't go to jail.

Wonderful.

And you say you don't want to destroy America!

pfft!
I got your back DBC.

I truly feel what is needed to stop all this illegal and I repeat Illegal activity is to show a great force enough to cause great fear for anyone even thinking about stepping onto this great land of ours without proper documentation. Hell it would clear up a lot of issues too..

We should enforce the laws of this nation.

If the laws are unjust, then there is a process to change them.

We should enforce the laws of this nation ... just as we have been doing for years, which DIDN'T require splitting kids from their families.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: mtnshredder

Democrat tactics? It's the Republicans which are rounding kids up. Democrats are blameless here, that's just Trump saying that if he doesn't get their support he'll continue to torture kids... they can end it any time they want by giving him full power.

Yeah well some of us want our (snip) laws enforced, period. Yet we have people like yourself using it for political posturing for your failed party. Sick of your lame ass tactics and your insults. Newsflash for you, if you don't want to be separated from your kids, DON'T COME HERE ILLEGALLY. How fricken hard is it that for some of you to grasp. JHC
edit on 18-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I never knew you were a Trump supporter. Your post doesn't show that. I was talking about Trump supporters in general. BTW people here always talk about liberal heads exploding. Perhaps I'll expect you to complain about that as well so you won't appear hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No they Don't . Their Parents are Scumbags for doing this to them.......

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I want strong borders too. And I know people have called you a Nazi but that's only because you seem to advocate for separation of parents and children. I don't advocate that at all.

Again nobody is advocating for no laws on immigration. Don't fall for the propaganda.

So if a parent breaks the law, and they have children, they don't go to jail.

Wonderful.

And you say you don't want to destroy America!

pfft!
I got your back DBC.

I truly feel what is needed to stop all this illegal and I repeat Illegal activity is to show a great force enough to cause great fear for anyone even thinking about stepping onto this great land of ours without proper documentation. Hell it would clear up a lot of issues too..

We should enforce the laws of this nation.

If the laws are unjust, then there is a process to change them.

We should enforce the laws of this nation ... just as we have been doing for years, which DIDN'T require splitting kids from their families.

What laws are America breaking?

Source?

Citation?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Nope what needs to be done immediately but won’t happen because this is sadly political is we need to defend the border at this point and god forbid I am about to make sense which means condemnation is coming. As far as defending the border for immediate result we need to deploy the military but like I said it’s not gonna happen, political. If we really wanted to solve this problem. Then immediately build a wall. As far as the kids and adults release them all back into Mexico after the border is secured etc. pretty down to earth. But it’s not gonna happen. Hell this story itself is being used to remove focus from the IG reports. Luckily thou the lifespan of the mainstream media and it’s influence on people who believe it like facts is coming to an end. WE have to prevent this from happening our current laws are not doing it, sadly D.C is so broken between which ever party decides to obstruct it in the house and senate that I am really not sure if it will be fixed anytime soon. You see politicians will never do what they think is right, they will do whatever it takes to keep them in office and elite. Sadly that means these guys and girls do not really care about these kids, not enough at least to risk their elite lives. I don’t see Mexico or the country these people came from coming to help them. Not to mention I will take care of our kids before these people sadly they are our kids. To many kids in America need our help before these people after we help all of our people in need. This is not our fault, and I don’t condone what is happening. But we do know how to stop this and we won’t.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is a tough subject. I do not know what the best answer is and I honestly do not see the purpose in dividing ourselves along political lines on an issue like this.

What I do know is that family is very important. Life can take us down some very rocky and unexpected roads throughout it's course, and family can sometimes be the only thing you have with you when you encounter those roads. Sometimes family is the reason we are on that road to begin with.

It seems to me, politics aside, that the right thing to do is to keep families together when we have the choice. In this case, we have a choice. Sure, these parents have broken our laws. There is no denying that. But do we find their act to be so egregious that we are willing to tear apart one of the most basic foundations of human existence...the family?

I don't see the compassion in that. I don't see the logic in that.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
TPTB have already won. All of this devolves into Democrats/Republicans in so many of your minds.

You can't even accept that there are simply people who disagree with you anymore. You've drunk the Kool-Aid.

What any of you say about those SJWs you hate so much? You know why you hate them?

You have seen the enemy and it is you.

You're arguing for children to be treated like dogs. You're not intent on our laws being followed, stop hiding like cowards behind that excuse. You've been subsumed by the media you consume ... Fox, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit. That's why you bring up the "opposing media" in every single post.

When you don't call one of us who disagrees with you a liar, you call us illterate.

When you can't think of any of that it's shill, leftist, etc.

And you swarm into threads, glad-handing each other and puffing each other up by confirming these obnoxious lies that you repeat and repeat until you believe them.

You're not hurting those of us still living in something resembling the real world ... you're hurting YOURSELVES.

When you can look into ANY childs eyes and feel nothing ... you have lost your soul.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I never knew you were a Trump supporter. Your post doesn't show that. I was talking about Trump supporters in general. BTW people here always talk about liberal heads exploding. Perhaps I'll expect you to complain about that as well so you won't appear hypocritical.
It's all good, not wanting to get into a pissing match over it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I don't see the logic in that.

The logic being that kids won't be used as a bargaining chip in the future. It's harsh, very harsh admittedly. So are many other sentences for what are seeming frivolous crimes.

For instance, a mother caught with marijuana can be arrested, detained and have her child(ren) taken away by the state.

There is also the emotional argument. Kids being put under any sort of duress regardless of background is a painful though for most. So the question is who is at fault here. The parents and their country of origin or our country.

It indeed is a tough subject. One where EO's and simple sweeping laws can not remedy.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This is a mud pit thread so pissing match is allowed.

It has been fun actually. I enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is a tough subject. I do not know what the best answer is and I honestly do not see the purpose in dividing ourselves along political lines on an issue like this.

What I do know is that family is very important. Life can take us down some very rocky and unexpected roads throughout it's course, and family can sometimes be the only thing you have with you when you encounter those roads. Sometimes family is the reason we are on that road to begin with.

It seems to me, politics aside, that the right thing to do is to keep families together when we have the choice. In this case, we have a choice. Sure, these parents have broken our laws. There is no denying that. But do we find their act to be so egregious that we are willing to tear apart one of the most basic foundations of human existence...the family?

I agree with you on most of your post. I also agree this is exactly why we need tougher immigration policies so we don't have issues like this anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This is a mud pit thread so pissing match is allowed.

It has been fun actually. I enjoyed it.

Meh, i'd rather not sling mud.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Trump loves his dictators. This is called two generations of punishment, pretty soon we'll get up to 3 like North Korea.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join