It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children need help at the US border.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So no one wants to discuss the real world ways we can help these people?

I hate to say this, but I truly don't believe anything can be done. We're breaking families up and not keeping any records on who is related to who. Some aren't even getting barcodes (I guess that's a step up from a tattoo). The young ones, which make up over half don't know their country of origin or family identification information.

We don't know where to send them, or who to send them with. I believe we're going to have to raise them in the US now... in our already strained foster care system.

It's my belief that this damage is irrepairable. The only fix is to prevent more atrocities like these. That means calling your local reps, let them know how you feel. Donate to the ACLU if you have the income. Refuse to fund, support, or vote for any politician who is either quiet on this issue or outright supporting it.

Call your state reps. As of this moment, 3 governors are refusing to send national guard troops to the border for this policy. Convincce your state to do the same.

Also (as I'm trying to do), start writing op ed's to the major papers in your state. Address them to the people in power, and sign your name. Be clear, be honest, and make your case. Out of all the correspondence politicians get, newspaper articles about them are taken the most seriously.

Help these kids by making sure it never happens again.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have this image of you in my head where you sit out on front yard going, "Hey you kids! Get off my lawn! You hate America!".

I got a image of you swinging a bike lock at people who have a different point of view.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I have this image of you in my head where you sit out on front yard going, "Hey you kids! Get off my lawn! You hate America!".

I got a image of you swinging a bike lock at people who have a different point of view.

Proving my point once again about the right using ad hominem when they can't make a decent argument.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For that belief I was called a nazi here. For wanting that I am called a hater, anti-children, an evil person.

You're not a nazi because you want to get rid of illegals. You're called a nazi, because your solution to get rid of illegals is to use concentration camps.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Proving my point once again about the right using ad hominem when they can't make a decent argument.

So it's only okay when you do it?

link   

When have I ever attacked anyone here on this thread?

link   

How long have you wanted to destroy America?

Never, but one day I'm going to run it. Maybe that will be my chance.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: DanDanDat
So no one wants to discuss the real world ways we can help these people?

I hate to say this, but I truly don't believe anything can be done. We're breaking families up and not keeping any records on who is related to who. Some aren't even getting barcodes (I guess that's a step up from a tattoo). The young ones, which make up over half don't know their country of origin or family identification information.

We don't know where to send them, or who to send them with. I believe we're going to have to raise them in the US now... in our already strained foster care system.

It's my belief that this damage is irrepairable. The only fix is to prevent more atrocities like these. That means calling your local reps, let them know how you feel. Donate to the ACLU if you have the income. Refuse to fund, support, or vote for any politician who is either quiet on this issue or outright supporting it.

Call your state reps. As of this moment, 3 governors are refusing to send national guard troops to the border for this policy. Convincce your state to do the same.

Also (as I'm trying to do), start writing op ed's to the major papers in your state. Address them to the people in power, and sign your name. Be clear, be honest, and make your case. Out of all the correspondence politicians get, newspaper articles about them are taken the most seriously.

Help these kids by making sure it never happens again.
And it all boils down to more secure borders. You could have just said that to be honest.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Where did I?

I'm responding to you like you do to others.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”
― Adolf Hitler

You might even be a Nazi.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Where did I?

Now you are not making any sense.

Cowboy accused me of hating America and now you accuse me of being a member of Antifa.
Those are attacks on me and my character.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

For that belief I was called a nazi here. For wanting that I am called a hater, anti-children, an evil person.

You're not a nazi because you want to get rid of illegals. You're called a nazi, because your solution to get rid of illegals is to use concentration camps.

The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”
― Adolf Hitler

You might be the Nazi here.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”
― Adolf Hitler

You might even be a Nazi.

According to some people here on both sides, we're all Nazis.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Where did I?

Now you are not making any sense.

Cowboy accused me of hating America and now you accuse me of being a member of Antifa.
Those are attacks on me and my character.

Not attacks, just speculating.

link   

I felt your snide comment to my post a few pages ago was a attack. Ya know about trumpets head exploding? Yea that was attackish, lol did I just create a new word?
edit on 18-6-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

link   

Whoa, I never said you were antifa, if you want to call yourself that then that's your business.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disenchanted1

I felt your snide comment to my post a few pages ago was a attack. Ya know about trumpets head exploding? Yea that was attackish, lol did I just create a new word..

The post I was replying to you about that Trump should spend on the wall and ICE instead of space front? That wasn't an attack to you. I was talking about "certain" Trump supporters here. BTW it was a joke.

link   
is there a legion of Democrat drones here?

did you guys coordinate an attack?

link   

Whoa, I never said you were antifa, if you want to call yourself that then that's your business.

Didn't you say this?

link   
I find it disgusting that the Dems are using children in a manufactured crisis to further an agenda. They're merely using them as pawns and if you don't agree with them, you're a "nazi", as some of us have been called by a forum member in this thread. These kids are nothing more to them but props for political posturing and I find this tactic rather disturbing and pathetic.

I do care about these kids and I'm empathetic to the cause, but until South American countries address the crux of their problems this issue is endless. You have to ask yourself why they're leaving in the first place. There is absolutely no reason for a third world $hithole like Mexico, which sits right next to one of the greatest countries in the world, to be the failed country it is. It's failing for a reason and they have no one to blame but themselves. They've allowed it to become a breeding ground for violence and corruption and have done next to nothing to correct it. Why is their lack of willingness to better themselves now my responsibility and on my dime?

Oh yeah....we're doing it for those poor underprivileged children and if it we don't we're nazis. KMA Dems your tactics suck.
edit on 18-6-2018 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join