It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children need help at the US border.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is how people will be made to except allowing all these illegals to stay in the country and be given money and other stuff. Play on the public's emotions.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Dan, don’t listen to these hard hearts and follow your heart.

They might be able to find some foster care until the case with their parents is finished, but we don't even have enough foster care for our own children in need. Add in the scary side of foster care and they are most likely in their best position right now. There is a lot of limited logistics and money so I don't know the answer.

When you look back a few years ago this was Hilary's stance on all this. "send them back or some close county" i.e. Mexico, and not a bleeding heart in 10,000 miles. Now that it is Trump it is all bad...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prisoner60863
a reply to: DanDanDat

It's such a sad situation but many people are racist and just don't care. At the end of it all our lives are very short. No one owns the shirt they are wearing. This is no one's country. We are all here temporary.
I think those kids will grow up and hate with what is being done to them.

Absolutely, sadly as is evidenced all around us many are burdened with hate and will look for any reason to share it. Comments like " not my kid, why should I care " and so on and so forth days it all really.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prisoner60863

It's such a sad situation but many people are racist and just don't care. At the end of it all our lives are very short. No one owns the shirt they are wearing. This is no one's country. We are all here temporary.
I think those kids will grow up and hate with what is being done to them.

Good maybe they'll be pissed off enough to fix their own #hole countries.

America isn't the world's daycare center. We have our own problems we need to fix, we don't need to import other people's problems.
edit on 18-6-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Dan. If you want to help send some money to the ACL. They have a major lawsuit against this NAZI style action going right now.

I might contribute to them myself on this issue.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm not going to start another post about the political right and wrong of the situation. This post is about the actions a concerned citizen can take beyond complaining about it on a message board.

...right. That's why it's in the mudpit?

This problem was coming. Once the appeal to emotion was made, of course there will be folks (legitimate and not) that would push the issue. Instead of putting rigid yet expedient immigration into effect on the border, we've essentially pick and choose who will go and who will be overlooked for another day.

As some as said, the reality is that some of these families have nothing to lose by attempting to cross the border. However there is, and will continue to be folks that will steal children to suit their agendas.

There is no simple fix and if you wish to aid this problem, donations to groups that do actual work down there would seem like the best bet. For the rest of us, a secure border would seem like the first obvious choice. After that, as mentioned, an expedient and rigid immigration process. Possibly sanctuary if criteria are met.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Let Them out, that census is coming up and They can't be counted if They are detained!

/sarc

Dems need all the help They can get.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Aazadan

Send the "unit" back exactly how it arrived, without consideration as to relationships, IMMEDIATELY. It's a no-brainer.

Cool, so send kids who can't support themselves to a country that you don't even know if it's their country of origin, and assume they're going to be ok?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Not my children. Not my responsibility.

Again - - nothing like the animalistic behavior of Survival of the Fittest.

Oh wait. The top ranking intelligent species "Human" has the ability to make choices.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I want to make sure that everyone is clear on the actual change implemented by the Trump Administration.

Previously, immigrant families that were apprehended were sent to an immigration detention center TOGETHER to await judicial review.

Trump has insisted that all illegal immigrants be immediately tried criminally. This means that the parents go to jail and the kids go to a detention center.

Whatever side can be argued, but this is the fact. This travesty rests solely on Trump.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Trump has insisted that all illegal immigrants be immediately tried criminally. This means that the parents go to jail and the kids go to a detention center.

If you were to commit a serious enough crime, you also would be taken from your family. If what you did endangered your family, they also would be taken from you as a US citizen.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
No.

You want to help children?

Start by helping the American ones.

This plea is getting ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If you were to commit a serious enough crime, you also would be taken from your family. If what you did endangered your family, they also would be taken from you as a US citizen.

Yep, we've heard that ad nauseam. That's not the comparison here.

We have been successfully aprehending and sending illegals back for years with the system that kept families together.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
No.

Are we keeping American children in detention centers?

IF not, you're making a false comparison.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I want to make sure that everyone is clear on the actual change implemented by the Trump Administration.

Previously, immigrant families that were apprehended were sent to an immigration detention center TOGETHER to await judicial review.

Whatever side can be argued, but this is the fact. This travesty rests solely on Trump.

Even the ones seeking asylum

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: DBCowboy
No.

Are we keeping American children in DAYCARE centers?

IF not, you're making a false comparison.

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

To what end?

Do we want more bandaids or do we want to fix a problem? This is nothing but an appeal to emotion.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

To what end?

Do we want more bandaids or do we want to fix a problem? This is nothing but an appeal to emotion.

Spoken like a true authoritarian.

Using humane methods to deal with the problme is not "bandaids."

Sure, it's an appeal to emotion ... and it should be. We're not in debate club.

This is a matter of little kids being terrified by draconian statist BS when theres absolutely no reason for them to be.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

This is a matter of little kids being terrified by draconian statist BS when theres absolutely no reason for them to be.

Who brought them? Who put them through that?

Would you put your kids through that?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The solution: start an free amusement park: Mandatory Rides!! LOL

sport360.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join