It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children need help at the US border.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Good luck, the dems won’t even show up to the negotiation table. Fact...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Source?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
maybe I am wrong but didn't trump just reject a bipartisan immigration bill or maybe two that have been proposed??
maybe that was in the other reality... heck it's getting hard to keep the two competing realities separate from each other.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yep.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yep it excluded the wall, and border security, that is what he said I didn’t read the proposal. But if they don’t close these loop holes in current laws their will continue to be crying children at the border. Since people won’t stop breaking the law. Sadly the democrats are not going to do anything bi partisan I will put money on that bet, this is all about midterm elections now and optics. I find it interesting thou the solution to liberals is to not enforce the law, not to mention, we are not completely sure exactly why children are getting separated from adults besides breaking the law. Since it’s proven already the adults are criminal they could also be trafficking these kids etc. it’s a mess..

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

So Trump is holding the kids as ransom for his stupid wall ???

That's even more despicable.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
maybe I am wrong but didn't trump just reject a bipartisan immigration bill or maybe two that have been proposed??
maybe that was in the other reality... heck it's getting hard to keep the two competing realities separate from each other.

those bills made it through congress???
I missed that part

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I don’t think so. Think it has to do with breaking the law. I think that is the fact of the matter. It’s a political matter thou ya.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Trump made it known that he would veto.

Class act.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Oh so now trump has wizard powers over congress??
BS

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

We've been handling breaking the law for years without separating kids. Heck Obama deported more illegals than anybody!

So yeah Trump's spew of lies is just that.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Oh so now trump has wizard powers over congress??
BS

No, not wizard powers ... Veto.

Try to keep up.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

yeah trumps history with funding bills shows he is "serious" about the vetos....
good luck with that

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

yeah trumps history with funding bills shows he is "serious" about the vetos....
good luck with that

Trump's not serious about much ... Good point.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Ya well it did not work. You want the truth, the fact is DC has done nothing to secure our borders, and the media is using this instance at the moment capitalize on it. This is borderline satire. Let’s not forget the CAUSE and effect here. Again I think it’s a bad story, I don’t like judging people without walking a mile in their shoes either. Bottomline we need to secure our borders, DC NEEDS bipartisan action and to be blunt, it’s not gonna happen. Congress is not gonna change they can do it today, that the moral of the story and sad..

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

This is much more the gop majority congress's fault than trumps; the dems would be much better served using this as a change agent for the midterms in congress than throwing mud at someone who is not really afraid of it.
How can he sign a bill not presented?
But that takes, you know, civics and stuff.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Even with a republican majority, they don’t have enough votes, and the democrats won’t even come to the negotiation table.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

If Ryan was carefully counting votes to get ANYTHING at all passed ... Do you think Trump's statement that he would veto didn't kill votes Ryan needed?

Are you sure?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Source?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Are you sure?

The only thing in this event I am sure of is that NO bill was presented; having trump veto a bill he does not agree with is better for congress than no bill at all.
Given the house,senate,potus, and scotus, you could accomplish little of what was promised. Why would that offer from the voters be extended?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join