It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children need help at the US border.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Also getting back to the safety of illegals coming into our country, another reason for more secure borders.
Not so sure of the legitimacy of this story, but I'll leave it here anyway.

Texas says there is “no evidence” of wrongdoing after mass graves filled with bodies of immigrants were found miles inland from the U.S.-Mexico border. The bodies were gathered from the desert surrounding a checkpoint in Falfurrias, Texas, in Brooks County. An investigation was launched after the mass graves were exposed last November in a documentary by The Weather Channel in partnership with Telemundo and The Investigative Fund. The report also found many of the migrants died after crossing into the United States and waiting hours for Border Patrol to respond to their 911 calls. We speak with reporter John Carlos Frey, who found rampant violations of the law.

Mass Graves of Immigrants Found in Texas, But State Says No Laws Were Broken

So the whole idea of crossing the border into the US is hazardous, again another reason to secure it. For human being safety reasons.
I mentioned this a few pages ago also and why.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
TPTB have already won. All of this devolves into Democrats/Republicans in so many of your minds.

You can't even accept that there are simply people who disagree with you anymore. You've drunk the Kool-Aid.

What any of you say about those SJWs you hate so much? You know why you hate them?

You have seen the enemy and it is you.

You're arguing for children to be treated like dogs. You're not intent on our laws being followed, stop hiding like cowards behind that excuse. You've been subsumed by the media you consume ... Fox, Breitbart, Gateway Pundit. That's why you bring up the "opposing media" in every single post.

When you don't call one of us who disagrees with you a liar, you call us illterate.

When you can't think of any of that it's shill, leftist, etc.

And you swarm into threads, glad-handing each other and puffing each other up by confirming these obnoxious lies that you repeat and repeat until you believe them.

You're not hurting those of us still living in something resembling the real world ... you're hurting YOURSELVES.

When you can look into ANY childs eyes and feel nothing ... you have lost your soul.

Is this only since Nov 9th 2016, or did yanks lose their soul before that time?

[asking for a bipartisan friend who also sees the left/right divide and also, unsurprisingly, blames conservatives for everything as a consequence]

"Obama’s Immigration Agencies Separated Children From Their Families" Law & Crime

Other than going the 'emotions & heartstrings' type post, can you admit that Obama, Bush, Clinton caused this whole mess? Or do you honestly think that all children separated from parents over the past 50+ years at the US border is Donald J Trumps / Republicans / Conservatives fault?

USA NEWS - twitter
edit on 18/6/2018 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: introvert
This is a tough subject. I do not know what the best answer is and I honestly do not see the purpose in dividing ourselves along political lines on an issue like this.

What I do know is that family is very important. Life can take us down some very rocky and unexpected roads throughout it's course, and family can sometimes be the only thing you have with you when you encounter those roads. Sometimes family is the reason we are on that road to begin with.

It seems to me, politics aside, that the right thing to do is to keep families together when we have the choice. In this case, we have a choice. Sure, these parents have broken our laws. There is no denying that. But do we find their act to be so egregious that we are willing to tear apart one of the most basic foundations of human existence...the family?

I don't see the compassion in that. I don't see the logic in that.

Trump loves his dictators. This is called two generations of punishment, pretty soon we'll get up to 3 like North Korea.

You continue to prove my point post after post. You seem more concerned about spreading your hate for Trump and getting your jabs in than you do the true issue at hand, which is these kids.

If I knew I could go to these countries and help these kids in restructuring their country to be a place they wanted to live, I would do it in a heartbeat. I would love to see every kid on this planet have an opportunity for their own pursuit of happiness as they are our future. Realistically though, it's more of a pipe dream than it is tangible.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Have you thought about fostering a child caught up in this situation?

Not when they have perfectly operational parents that are in their own country legally...

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

A detention center is safer than endless nights spent under a naked sweaty coyote thats going to rape you to death.

Yah. Coyotes.

A sheriff's deputy in South Texas is accused of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl and threatening the child's mother with deportation if she reported him, authorities said. Texas deputy arrested on allegation of child sexual assault

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

I don't see the logic in that.

The logic being that kids won't be used as a bargaining chip in the future. It's harsh, very harsh admittedly. So are many other sentences for what are seeming frivolous crimes.

For instance, a mother caught with marijuana can be arrested, detained and have her child(ren) taken away by the state.

There is also the emotional argument. Kids being put under any sort of duress regardless of background is a painful though for most. So the question is who is at fault here. The parents and their country of origin or our country.

It indeed is a tough subject. One where EO's and simple sweeping laws can not remedy.

It is my opinion that you are asking the wrong question. You are asking a question you already know the answer to. Who is at fault here?

The parents, their country, or a long list of others.

The question I think we need to ask is what is the right thing to do in these cases and what is a solution that best fits the sort of people we want to be.

A nation of laws? Absolutely. That is vital.

A nation of laws that knows when the bend just a little, with just enough wisdom to know when some things are more complex than just a law?

I think so.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Well c'mon now, I can't ask questions that I'm not aware of!

The question I think we need to ask is what is the right thing to do in these cases and what is a solution that best fits the sort of people we want to be.

I don't disagree wildly but good luck getting a consensus.

A nation of laws that knows when the bend just a little, with just enough wisdom to know when some things are more complex than just a law?

That's how we got to this predicament. Bending too far and essentially making it up as we went along.

I would contest that a smoother and faster immigration process and a hard look at asylum.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft
MY GOD MAN! Why some people cannot see the hypocrisy? We are dealing with some truly evil scum here.SMH

edit on 18-6-2018 by Disenchanted1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes, this is the kind of solution that might work, or something like it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Also, this has just come to light - Obama, the hyper-hypocrite, weaves his magic again.......

New York Times article from 2014

Charlie Spiering - twitter
edit on 19/6/2018 by Sublimecraft because: fixed link.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
gee, if I foster one of these kids... I'd probably get far more money, food stamps, ect, than I am with my social security check... you do get that, don't you?? not only would I be getting money to help with the living expenses of that child, but you would also be paying me to do the same danged thing that their mothers would be more than happy to do...
and that's not even considering the additional cost of the administration to get that money to me...
are you aware that when they break up the kids like this, the are turning one case, representing a family unit into several, representing each individual in that family? doubling the caseloads, requiring more attorneys, caseworkers, ect? all costing much more money?
not only is this policy bordering abuse and neglect, but it is also increasing the overall cost! and for what? a political win?? the desire to see people of a different skin color than you suffer? or maybe this is just an experiment, ya know to see how it goes... if they get away with this, hey, maybe their next victims will be the working poor or single moms?
one thing is for sure...
it defies logic!
no, i will not be offering to foster one of these kid, they have parents, who want them, and there was no reason on this earth why they should have been taken away from them to begin with! and, ya know what, there's a whole mess of kids in my state right know, adoptable kids in the foster care system, who will probably be there their entire childhood...
what is it you say...
americans first???

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

We don't even have to bend the laws ... we've been enforcing them for years without splitting up families.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Lol when I mention ig report..... I hear crickets.. From the liberal media..

When I mention kids being separated from criminals at the border the liberal scream bloody murder and demand Trump’s blood. Something that has been happening for decades by the way. Reality is indeeed stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense reality not so much.

Trust me I know, and I am not even gonna try to enlighten anyone on ats on this story but I will say a sucker is born everyday. It’s a liberal media frenzy to take focus off of the man behind the curtain.

edit on 19-6-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hillary Needs Money

She writes: What’s happening to families at the border right now is horrific: Nursing infants ripped away from their mothers. Parents told their toddlers are being taken to bathe or play, only to realize hours later that they aren’t coming back. Children incarcerated in warehouses and, according to more than one account, kept in cages. This is a moral and humanitarian crisis. Everyone of us who has ever held a child in their arms, and every human being with a sense of compassion and decency should be outraged.

Isn't this just special ..... millionaire politicians trying to profit from a "crisis"

Totally Expected unfortunately

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Another cherry from your article ...

Clinton goes on to ask supporters to donate to her organization, Onward Together, so it can in turn give money to organizations, such as the ACLU, as well as others, like “Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project,” and “La Union del Pueblo Entero (LUPE).”

Are you surprised that a politician acts like a politician?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
People need to fact check before giving opinions, it just makes them look like idiots, helps elites sell newspapers and get them high tv ratings and ad revenue.

I guess our crying starving kids in America are not as important, I guess our public education system for our kids are not as important. I also guess our kids shooting each other in Chicago, is not as important. I tell ya Liberals will cry about anything no matter how bad it makes them look.

Yes it’s a sad story, but again no one is forcing these people to illegally enter the USA, hell Obama, warned them from doing it and told them he would take their kids in some PSA DURING his tenure. To hell with facts thou right..

Whatever idiots.
edit on 19-6-2018 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

It's not about the children. It's never been about the children.

It's only about painting the opposition in a bad light before an election.

Leftists don't care about the children, they only are using them to gain power and control. As soon as the election is over with, the leftists will toss the children away like a used Kleenex.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I'm in favor of helping all children!

Let's get Congress on board and properly fund CHIP and similar programs!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You don’t have to enlighten me. Not to mention the msm is making money off of it. Bashing trump, is making them billions, they don’t even have to present facts.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

How about this :::

If you truly want to help some of these kids, just send me your name, address, and $10,000 .

I will talk to some of the people I know with I C E and maybe we can put some of them on a bus to your house. You can then be a "good" parent to as many of them as you want and raise them up to love the U S A or at least your way of seeing the world.

Do I have any takers on this proposal ???

I think it is a good thing when people are willing to "put their money where their mouth is" .

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join