It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children need help at the US border.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
From the many posts here on ATS and the 24 hour media coverage we are all well aware of the growing issues facing non US citizen children at the US southern border.

I'm not going to start another post about the political right and wrong of the situation. This post is about the actions a concerned citizen can take beyond complaining about it on a message board.

Regardless of what laws their parents may or may not have broken I think we can all agree the children are innocent and worthy of being helped. The only thing I see a private citizen can really do to help is agree to foster one of these children.

Unfortunately I've looked all over the internet and the only information I can find on the subject are from non profit organizations that I've never heard of and while I don't want to distrust them, bringing a new child into my home is a big step fraught with a lot of pit falls. I cant so easily believe information I find on the web. It would be a lot easier if there were local outreach programs, preferable government run, that seek to connect children with foster parents. It would be easier to talk to people face to face befor making such a big decision.

My question to ATS, and especially those starting many posts on the subject as they seem well informed, are their any steps you are personally taking to help the growing issue? Have you thought about fostering a child caught up in this situation? And if so have you found any information you think is reliable and more importantly actionable?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why can’t these children just be sent home with their parents to their country of origin? What we need is a process where the parents can waive their extradition so they can be sent right back to whence they came.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Not my children. Not my responsibility.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Stop sending children.

Has anyone been to their native countries beyond tourism?

Who the hell are you selling sob stories to?

Stop encouraging illegal immigration. Criminals control that industry and they exploit children.

A detention center is safer than endless nights spent under a naked sweaty coyote thats going to rape you to death.

That happens to illegal immigrants who are encouraged to do this barbaric and insane desert crossing.

That and worse.

Also, I have THIRD WORLD relatives. They live in a chabola next to a contaminated river in Mexico.

Thats my family. Tell me about your guilt. I am poor and proud. No one can tell me that I am a monster for not telling my barefoot nieces and nephews to risk their lives for a job they should be getting in their country.

I tell them to go to school and apply for a visa once they have marketable skills. Anything else would be just for me so I dont feel survivors guilt.

I can help them apply for a visa and help them take advantage of Mexicos relatively new yet VAST social nets.

I will not tell them to dream of an immigrants life in exchange for second class citizenship and some cash.

You guys realize that Mexico is doing good now right? Its not 40 years ago anymore? right?

They should stop doing this illegal border crossing.

edit on 6 18 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It's such a sad situation but many people are racist and just don't care. At the end of it all our lives are very short. No one owns the shirt they are wearing. This is no one's country. We are all here temporary.
I think those kids will grow up and hate with what is being done to them.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Why can’t these children just be sent home with their parents to their country of origin? What we need is a process where the parents can waive their extradition so they can be sent right back to whence they came.

Exactly...just load these Federal lawbreakers on buses/trains and return the entire "family" to Mexico (or whatever border they breached) immediately.

I can't believe such a simple solution is beyond the mental grasp of our leaders.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I found this:
www.bethany.org...

Seems like a good organization. I am sure there are plenty of small organizations near the border.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Tens of thousands work their way up through Mexico to our borders with no one stopping them...Funny when I go to Mexico I need to show my passport and fill out paperwork.
edit on 18-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Regardless of what laws their parents may or may not have broken I think we can all agree the children are innocent and worthy of being helped.

Isn't that a bit like negotiating with terrorists, though?

It seems haertless when there are obvious victims, but we all know that there will be fewer victims in the long run, if we don't.

So we don't.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

For starters, we don't know who their parents are anymore. Do you think a 3 year old taken away from their parents is going to be able to identify them?

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

DHS secretary said, word spread that if you have a child with you, you won't be deported. Many of the children are not related to the lawbreakers.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is part of the plan to control most people in the US. The politicians should be dragged out of the Capitol and sent on their way. What will happen is the same ones will be reelected because they do such a grand job in so many eyes.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Children need help...with what directions or something? Tell em to head South.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Send the "unit" back exactly how it arrived, without consideration as to relationships, IMMEDIATELY. It's a no-brainer.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's a nice sentiment, OP. I for one, appreciate it.

However, when an open invitation is made to care for children, the pedophiles line-up shouting "Me! Choose Me!"

It takes a good while to license someone to take care of children, and even then, some get through.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Xtrozero

It is part of the plan to control most people in the US. The politicians should be dragged out of the Capitol and sent on their way. What will happen is the same ones will be reelected because they do such a grand job in so many eyes.

It so upsetting to me to see what we've become.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Dan, don’t listen to these hard hearts and follow your heart.

I know you tried to mention to these people that you wanted to avoid the politics of this and only find out about aiding children in distress no matter who or where their from.

Of course these fanatics didn’t listen and want to espouse what I consider poison on you.

Please don’t listen and thanks for the thread

Follow your heart

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

However, when an open invitation is made to care for children, the pedophiles line-up shouting "Me! Choose Me!"

Need to send them back and charge their home country with the cost.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All politics aside.

Also take out that we know there are some criminals, rapists pediphiles etc. But let's focus on one issue at at time.

Why would an actual family with kids try to get into the US Illegaly? Are they knowingly breaking the law? Are they running from a dictator, Gang violence Cartel owned towns, no jobs, no money and third world poverty, no medical care?

When you look it it like that, why wouldn't they try to get into the US illegally. What have they got to lose? They're going to die anyways or end up living on the streets anyways. By trying to get into the US, they have an outside chance to get in and get a better life. Of course families are going to keep trying to get in with children.

Okay, so what's the solution?

How about a joint US/Mexico solution that helps families before they get into the US.

During fiscal 2016, ICE spent $3.2 billion to identify, arrest, detain and remove undocumented immigrants, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

With that in mind, it would actually cost us less money to put some money into a joint US?MExico processing center on Mexico's side that would give them Mexican citizenship if needed, ID cards, food, clothing, shelter/housing and job training and then perhaps some US industry like NIKE, Apple, Google, Facebok, chevy, Ford, harley davidson to have some manufacturing plants just south of the border for some living wage jobs.

We could do all that for pennies on the dollar instead of spending 3.2 billion after the fact.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Exactly...just load these Federal lawbreakers on buses/trains and return the entire "family" to Mexico (or whatever border they breached) immediately.

I can't believe such a simple solution is beyond the mental grasp of our leaders.

It’s not beyond their grasp. Our “leaders” know exactly what they are doing. All this could end with one sentence from Donald Trump.

But where’s the news cycle in that?

ETA: I feel bad for bringing politics into it after reading the replies above mine. But that point stands.
edit on 18-6-2018 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join