It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: In Secretly Taped Conversations, Glimpses of the Future President (Bush)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by The Vagabond
How many times do I have to remind the mudslingers to only throw rocks?

they got capone on income tax. there are no little things when it comes to corrupt warmongering delusions of grandeur zealots.

Well, you're right about there being no little things when it comes to corruption and warmongering. Those are the rocks that it is OK to throw. A little reefer on the other hand IS a little thing. It's mud which ought not be slung.

it's illegal. it shouldn't be.

You're preaching to the choir about last sunday's sermon. Not only do I not have any disagreement with you on this subject, but it's not really the topic.

Then you go on and on about all of the horrible things that happen to you if you get a drug charge. You're missing the point though- 9 times out of ten if you just play it staight you don't get charged. Don't deal it- it's that simple. Bush didn't admit to dealing, he admitted to using. I don't really see the double standard there. I smoked pot once and it didn't even make the news- Bush's use did. That's the double standard that I can see.

And, for the umpteenth million time, not all possession is felony (depending on where you live actually I guess). You don't go to jail and get raped just because you had a bowl in your pocket when you got pulled over.

You have my full agreement that we're wasting money and imposing cruel and unusual punishment for a relatively harmless crime when it comes to drug laws, but it's only miminally relevant to this matter with Bush.

By the way, tell your trigger happy friend to lose the gun and just stop carrying pot in his vehicle. If he gets caught with just his own stuff (not packaged for distribution) he can usually just come clean and hand it over to the cop. The cop will steal his weed and leave him alone.
Also, jumping bail is easier and less harshly punished than shooting a police officer.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
By the way, tell your trigger happy friend to lose the gun and just stop carrying pot in his vehicle. If he gets caught with just his own stuff (not packaged for distribution) he can usually just come clean and hand it over to the cop. The cop will steal his weed and leave him alone.
Also, jumping bail is easier and less harshly punished than shooting a police officer.

and all that.
he was just i guy i met once. not a friend, although, to be honest, he was very nice. when he said the 'kill a cop' stuff so casually, it was weird. it was like someone talking about spraying their roses, or planting seeds. real matter of fact.
my anecdotal point was supposed to be that bush can brush everything off with a quick good 'ol boy quip, while his buddies' prisons for profit are filling to the brim with misery. while his other buddies' financial scams cost hundreds their life savings(as in, kenny boy). the biggest crime is the white collar and military/industrial circlejerking. the cabal should fry for their trail of devastation.
'do as i say, not as i do' is the mantra of bush.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Stimulus/Response

When I first saw this story, I thought "Wow! Here's next week's political buzz."

But how much traction this story will get remains to be seen. We should know by the end of the day today (Monday, 2/21/05) if either the Left or the Right are going to pick this one up and run with it.

If neither side does, that would be even more intriguing than if they do.

It's interesting to review the responses in this thread. Not a lot of surprise about the content of the tapes, lots of suspicions about whether this is actually a clever ploy by Bush himself (I'll keep my eyes open for evidence of that tantalizing possibility), notations of specific statements made and some back and forth on the War on Drugs issues the tapes tangentially bring up.

I'm mildly surprised that there isn't more discussion about the ethics of releasing secretly-taped conversations. After all, we saw this with Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinsky not all that long ago, and it was certainly a controversial enough topic then. Maybe it got played out.

Looking ahead, it will be interesting to see how the usual suspects handle this news item. My sense is that their reaction or lack thereof will tell us a lot more about the nature of the tapes than what is or isn't included in the source article.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Nothing of much importance. It is widely known he used drugs.

There is nothing secretive or earthshattering here.

Probably the reason the White House didnt dispute any of the contents.

I wonder what the point to this tape was. It certainly doesnt hurt him.

Was it meant to help him? So we could hear all about his religious convictions?

I'll be looking elsewhere, maybe into just what is going on with his visits overseas, or something here at home. I think these tapes have have been provided just for our entertainment pleasure....a nice diversion, to get the gossip going, so no one will notice what's going on over here.....

[edit on 21-2-2005 by dawnstar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join