It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me find the actual legislation and or policy related to immigrant children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The previous Administrations did not "flout" Federal law in any way shape form or fashion.

The Obama Administration is said to have deported more illegals than ANY recent President.

Previously, rather than sending the parents charged with violation of 8 USC 1325 to jail they were sent to detention centers WITH their children for determination (for example, of whether they qualified for asylum.)

Now, everyone is guilty as charged, there is no asylum, and the parents are sent to prison and the kids are sent to a "detention center" (which might as well be called what it is, a prison camp.)

There is asylum.

Yes, as the policy suggests, there will be zero tolerance. The children are being cared for while their parents get punished for committing federal crime, and, just like every other federal crime, you cannot bring your children to prison with you.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Has the crime always been dealt with in the most severe manner allowed by law splitting up families?

Do you believe in mercy or human compasson?

If you don't like the laws you get them changed. This is congress' fault.

Ted Cruz just proposed legislation that will keep families together, and send more recourses to expedite the process. Now, I bet you anything the Dems will oppose it.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I'm very interested in seeing the immigration laws both streamlined and strengthend, personally.

However, the current crisis is not because of the laws themselves, but because of the way the Trump Administration has chosen to enforce them, which, the Executive does have latitude on.

I saw that the other day. Good one on Ted! Even if it's just to help his campaign this year.

We'll see what the Democrats do. The lot of them are ... pretty dumb in my book.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They are allowed to apply for asylum from Federal prison? That's news to me. Do you have evidence?

And, the parents have been punished for their crimes for years without separating them from their kids.

The practice, as I'm pretty sure you know, was to send them to detention centers TOGETHER awaiting the disposition of their case before a judge.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I'm very interested in seeing the immigration laws both streamlined and strengthend, personally.

However, the current crisis is not because of the laws themselves, but because of the way the Trump Administration has chosen to enforce them, which, the Executive does have latitude on.

I saw that the other day. Good one on Ted! Even if it's just to help his campaign this year.

We'll see what the Democrats do. The lot of them are ... pretty dumb in my book.

You're turning too fair in your ripe age. Good points.

I would argue the stream of people pushing into the US illegally is the result of lax policies and policing. Hopefully something good will come of this charade before someone gets hurt.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

They are allowed to apply for asylum from Federal prison? That's news to me. Do you have evidence?

And, the parents have been punished for their crimes for years without separating them from their kids.

The practice, as I'm pretty sure you know, was to send them to detention centers TOGETHER awaiting the disposition of their case before a judge.

No, they can apply for asylum by entering the country legally, through official entry points. Again, they go to prison only because they entered illegally.
edit on 19-6-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I'm always fair unless I'm pissed off. You have a touch of that malady yourself old bean.

The stream of people pushing into the US illegally has been falling every year since 2001.

If the policies and policing have been lax (which I don't think they have been), the trend is rather odd, don't you think?

Hopefully indeed. I'm all for it. If Trump wins the day and helps keep us safe and streamline immigration, I'll doff my cap to him.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

... and then we're back to the insurmountable odds that some of them face to follow bureaucratic procedure.

As you say, let's hope for fair remedies all round.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I'm always fair unless I'm pissed off. You have a touch of that malady yourself old bean.

The stream of people pushing into the US illegally has been falling every year since 2001.

If the policies and policing have been lax (which I don't think they have been), the trend is rather odd, don't you think?

Hopefully indeed. I'm all for it. If Trump wins the day and helps keep us safe and streamline immigration, I'll doff my cap to him.

According to Sessions memo, there has been an uptick in illegal entries this year. And apparently statistics only account for the illegals who have been captured. I remain sceptical of the actual numbers, but on the whole I agree.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I guess we will see.

Thanks for the conversation.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

... and then we're back to the insurmountable odds that some of them face to follow bureaucratic procedure.

As you say, let's hope for fair remedies all round.

Absolutely right. Cheers.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Does this not all go back to flores v reno?

SCOTUS made a ruling that subsequent laws maintained.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Facts are seen as a disease to the mental disorder of the far left

He is quoting AG Sessions, the one appointed by President Trump, mandating a zero-tolerance policy.

Seems to me that it's a policy decision, by the Trump administration, behind zero-tolerance.

A policy of zero-tolerance has resulted in detaining all illegal immigrants.

Detaining all illegal immigrants has resulted in separation of children from their parents.

Ergo, the Trump administration is responsible for the policy resulting in separation of children from their parents.

Do you disagree with these facts?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
nothing has changed except the policy to make everyone adult a criminal who crosses the border illegally

A little clarification, you're welcome.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Illegal immigrants bringing their kids will them into a sovereign nation has resulted in those parents and kids being held in separate facilities.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You're turning too fair in your ripe age. Good points.

I would argue the stream of people pushing into the US illegally is the result of lax policies and policing. Hopefully something good will come of this charade before someone gets hurt.

Don't forget the carrot of welfare and sanctuaries.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: toysforadults

Facts are seen as a disease to the mental disorder of the far left

He is quoting AG Sessions, the one appointed by President Trump, mandating a zero-tolerance policy.

Seems to me that it's a policy decision, by the Trump administration, behind zero-tolerance.

A policy of zero-tolerance has resulted in detaining all illegal immigrants.

Detaining all illegal immigrants has resulted in separation of children from their parents.

Ergo, the Trump administration is responsible for the policy resulting in separation of children from their parents.

Do you disagree with these facts?

The Executive Order for reuniting families is being challenged as illegal, going against previous laws, do you disagree with that fact?

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: howtonhawky
nothing has changed except the policy to make everyone adult a criminal who crosses the border illegally

A little clarification, you're welcome.

that is not clarification it is obtuse

kinda like driving in your car and having signs directing you down a certain road only to be pulled over and the leo informs you your tail light is out as he pulls out his stick and knocks your tail light out then proceeds to arrest you for breaking the law

Anyone that supports the current mess will have to deal with the same energy being used against you in the future

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join