It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the ‘Law to Separate Families’ Passed in 1997 or ‘by Democrats’?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

So you are an online right wing terrorist?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

? No I consider myself left of center moderate. I aim to be and would like my government to be fiscally conservative and socially tolerant.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Why don't you post a picture of yourself and your name since you put in writing you want future democratic children to die.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I think you misinterpreted me, I was being sarcastic and saying that's what the right wants.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Ok good...I'm appalled there is not a thread or at least an active thread exposing the extreme right wing posters on this site being part of online right wing terrorist group(s). Apparently the real conspiracy theorist are lazy or scared. Too bad. I feel like it wouldn't be very hard, just time consuming, but very rewarding to expose them and get them permanently banned.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Ok good...I'm appalled there is not a thread or at least an active thread exposing the extreme right wing posters on this site being part of online right wing terrorist group(s). Apparently the real conspiracy theorist are lazy or scared. Too bad. I feel like it wouldn't be very hard, just time consuming, but very rewarding to expose them and get them permanently banned.

Or, and this is just an idea, or maybe you lack the judgement required to identify what "extreme right wing" even is and are looking at matters through a skewed lens?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You are not helping w the name calling that the trolls of America have lowered themselves down to in the name of being against political correctness.

I tend to say what I think. Sometimes that's not going to be pretty. Especially if the density factor is enormous as it is in this thread.

Great so you're against PC so does that give you the right to act like a jerk to anyone that disagrees with your opinion?

I'm not a jerk to people who disagree with my OPINION. I'm a jerk to people who refuse to acknowledge fact and confuse their opinion for fact. Pseudoscience peddlers, political propagandists (regardless of side they fall on), and dense idiots who make thread after thread looking for any avenue where their distortion of facts may be accepted without question. I call those people cowards and I will NOT be nice to them, ever.

I am working on being a better person myself and every day I have to look in the mirror to make sure I'm not falling for that type of behavior.

Well, I commend you on your effort to be better. I, on the other hand, am disinclined to suffer idiocy and lies to spare the feelings of the people who exemplify those things.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

This is a different and unique situation. In the United States you can have a family member take your children or they are placed in foster care, correct me if I'm wrong but we don't put the children in cages to await their parents trial. First time crossers are committing a misdemeanor and many are seeking assylum.

Why is it that the US, who take in more immigrants than any other individual nation on Earth, is the ONLY nation where it is wrong to protect our borders? Why is it that when the law is followed(this is happening because of child sex trafficking laws mind you) people freak out and call for lawlessness?

Whatever the case may be there has to be a better more humane way to deal with the situation.

No children are being treated inhumanely.

I do not see trump seeking a better way

Democrats refuse to vote for any bill that enforces border security. Even if it has amnesty for illegals, DACA reform, or curbing the problematic situation at the border (Which is NOT Donald Trump's fault). Instead, they've settled for making garbage propaganda out of the situation to try and convince everyone Americans are mistreating children at the border. It's bull# and everyone but the OP and others seem to know that.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wrong. There have been Facebook groups exposed, it is very logical those same people and others like them have or are currently posting on ATS. Are you a sympathizer? Do you work for one?

And what haha "judgement required to identify" That job description, is that real? Or did you make that up? Lol

You can't describe the rules that make up the "judgement". You're lazy and just said judgement.

Same laziness with using the phrase "skewed lense"

Tell us how you really feel

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Because the United States is set to higher standards than the rest of the world we are the leaders of the Free World remember? Putting the children of asylum-seekers in cages and treating them like criminals is inhumane. No matter how hard core your stance is there has to be a better way.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Because the United States is set to higher standards than the rest of the world we are the leaders of the Free World remember?

We're still a nation of laws damn it! What is the point of setting a standard, ANY STANDARD, if you aren't going to meet it? This country has a right to protect its borders and control the influx of foreigners. There is no standard that applies to us that does not apply to the rest of the world.

It is unbelievable to me that you would have me believe that our unique place in the world is anything less (or more) than meeting the basic standards of society better than everyone else. Americans aren't space aliens. We operate by the same rules as all other humans.

We owe no one a damned thing.
edit on 19 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Tell us how you really feel

I do with every post. Set down the skewed lens and the judgemental streak and perhaps you'd recognize that.

Are you a sympathizer? Do you work for one?

Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

That is not very American of you. I'm talking about Asylum Seekers here and all those other little kids I didn't see any MS-13 tattoos so why are they being treated like criminals? Has it always been United States policy to separate asylum-seekers from their children and put the children in cages and even if it was it doesn't make it right. I'm sure there were people with hardcore stances totally justified the segregation of black students and of black people drinking out of separate water fountains they were on the wrong side of History, and IMO so are you. wrong is wrong.
edit on 19-6-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That is not very American of you.

Excuse me? It took effort for me to become an American. What about you?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I was born here. As an American I feel that your harshness towards people less fortunate than us is extremely un-american.

did they put you in a cage and separate you from your family? I am not being rude it is a serious question, I understand you are from Cuba? The Cubans are also assylum seekers, do they treat them the same way? What about people from the former Soviet Union. I would like to know if this is a common u.s practice?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Dude I was born poor in a poor country to poor parents, so what? I earned my citizenship the hard way and the right way. Save your righteous indignation for someone else.

You take your country for granted that's very evident.

Every nation on Earth lives and dies by the same standards. The US has every right to protect itself and to protect its citizens from illegal aliens who bring with them disease, criminals, and are a burden on an already taxed system.

Compassion is one thing. Being a doormat is entirely another.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I asked a simple question and I was not trying to be rude but for whatever reason it struck a nerve and I apologize for that.

If any other member of ATS can answer me the question do immigrants seeking Asylum from other countries get separated from their children and the children thrown in cages, people from the former Soviet Union, Cuba, former communist countries etc?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
www.snopes.com...

There is no federal law mandating children and parents be separated at the border; a policy resulting in that outcome was enacted in May 2018.

Pretty clear to most that something new has taken place.

The difference is now every crossing is considered a crime.

Wtf?!

It's always been a crime.

They should have come when obama was still potus.

lol. Day late and a dollar short.

Thanks obama!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Catholic priest questions how Christians can sleep at night over migrant children and questions their salvation

hotos of migrant children being separated at the Southwest border have dominated news headline. The Trump administration has repeatedly used the Bible to defend their actions. “I saw that, and thought it was obscene to use Romans 13 out of context. For Sarah Sanders to say it was biblical makes the law into an idol and removes the place of conscience,” Rev. James Martin said during an interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Wednesday.

It's more than a political issue. It's a moral issue!

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 19-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I side with the left on a lot of issues, but not this.

They are crossing the border illegally a lot of them with children because that used to give them a free pass. Many of those children are not even related to them and even if they are, they are still breaking our laws. I do not believe in rewarding that and don't act like the kids are being tortured like the news makes it out. They are in protective custody being fed clothed and cared for while their irresponsible parents are being processed in detention for breaking our laws.

Some will qualify for asylum and so be it. They are safe and sound as are their kids while going through the process. If they are truly fleeing something horrible then waiting one or two months to get things settled "legally" is a very small price to pay....no scratch that. They are not paying jack schnit we the people are. So they can either suck it up or go home.
edit on 19-6-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join